Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > just updated my P900 fw

Previous  123 ... 11 121314  Next
Author just updated my P900 fw
bbasra
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-12-09 16:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
It was the same. It did not change after the update. kind of bazzar.

[ This Message was edited by: bbasra on 2003-12-09 15:33 ]
StarKnight
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-12-09 16:34
Quote:

On 2003-12-09 14:52:18, turbominor wrote:
Mine worked fine through a adsl router it uses port 80

Do you mean it uses a standard HTTP connection for the actual firmware download or just to browse the site pages and download the PC client ?

One question... did you plugged the power supplier into syncstation during update or not ? I'm asking it because if you switch P900 off and it's powered it soon turns itself on (it's not working, symply shows the charge status, but anyway it's on). I have tried both ways... with and without power supplier with the same results
neilcostigan
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-12-09 17:09
few questions and observations..

i know the SE engineers read this forum so... first off congratulations on excellent device. my totally blown away with my p900.

on the update. (anyone know answers ?)
- why the direct net connect ? why can't one download a flash file to load ?
- does the java application speak http and can it be directed through an active http proxy (i.e. is the data http rather than direct 'socket' connection ?
- given the excellent SE-mac support. will this upgrade service be available to non PC users ?
- if the upgrade service fails. any way to do a reconnect without downloading the 11mb installer ?
- bluetooth ?

/neil c. (ireland)

dumbteminal
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-12-09 17:44
A possible reason why people are having problems - text taken from the "overview" section:

Assumption: You have a fully charged battery, the PC Suite installed and at least a 0.5 Mbps Internet connection.

Are you people on dial up by any chance? :-/

DT
BigFeat
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-09 18:18
Quote:

On 2003-12-09 17:09:17, neilcostigan wrote:
few questions and observations..

i know the SE engineers read this forum so... first off congratulations on excellent device. my totally blown away with my p900.

on the update. (anyone know answers ?)
- why the direct net connect ? why can't one download a flash file to load ?
- does the java application speak http and can it be directed through an active http proxy (i.e. is the data http rather than direct 'socket' connection ?
- given the excellent SE-mac support. will this upgrade service be available to non PC users ?
- if the upgrade service fails. any way to do a reconnect without downloading the 11mb installer ?
- bluetooth ?

/neil c. (ireland)

There is a recovery mode listed as an option. The installer is a one time install only.. I have a link to directly download that installer.. As a matter of fact I had the installer as early as the 11-07-03... I believe the flash site was up back then for a second, but the only thing that was available was that installer... I got the link from somewhere on this board or another back then.. So that's no big deal.. I suppose online install actually is a sure way to monitor the phone while its updating.. The cda text file is accessible through the ROM of the phone.. As of now the only way to manage your way into it is with the proper hardware/software... The auto-updater manages to monitor your cda revision during the install process from the server side... That is the case why some have not been able to upgrade their phones nor pull the old switcharoo after the phone has initially checked the cda revision.. Moreover, leaving any upgrade tool as an offline option is a sure way to allow their programs to be compromised by hackers..As far as non-PC device I don't see where you're going with that..
Breathe iT__Smell iT__Taste iT__Feel iT

B I G F E A T E N T E R T A I N M E N T
MicLeg
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-09 19:09
I had the "timeout" problem while updating. Over and over again it just showed "timeout".

Now I have reset it completely (with a backup before of course!) and now it worked at the first attempt!

Go into the control panel and reset your phone and I am sure the update will work for you other guys having the timeout problem!

/Michael
Maxi
Z800
PM
Posted: 2003-12-09 19:31
Quote:

On 2003-12-06 19:34:13, Mimzo wrote:
I get on the site.
I enter my CDA
It checks out
I complete the check list
Then it says

Please wait...
Checking the installation of Sony Ericsson Update Service

and nothing happens.

Help

Had the same problem with XP SP1 and Internet Explorer. I DL'ed Opera w/Java, and that solved the problem, the update worked right away using Opera.

It seems like it's a problem with Explorer..

[ This Message was edited by: Maxi on 2003-12-09 18:32 ]
StarKnight
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-12-09 20:43
I did it
I think it's just a network problem with SonyEricsson... probably their bandwidth is overloaded.

Tonight I tried again without changing anything and I was able to update my P900 at the first attempt. No more "Waiting..." messages.
neilcostigan
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-12-09 22:17
BigFeat:
thanks for the details.

nc said >>- given the excellent SE-mac support. will this upgrade service be available to non PC users ?

bigfret replied >>.As far as non-PC device I don't see where you're going with that..

the sony-ericsson phones have been very impressive in the compatibility and usability with apple's macosx address book, bluetooth and iSync.
it was disappointing to see one needed to revert down to a pc to get the update working.
especially when the while thing seems to be java based !

/neil c. (ireland)
StarKnight
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-12-10 00:38
HELP

After upgrading to version CDA162003/2 R2C01 my P900 GPRS is not working any more

I can connect to the service and send packets... but I don't receive anything !!! I have two mobile operators with two SIMs and both have the same problem ! Using my old Nokia7650 everything works fine so it's a problem of my SonyEricsson

Before upgrading it worked fine with GPRS !!!

Does anyone else have problems with GPRS ?
BigFeat
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-10 00:53
@Neil

- Its funny that you said "downgraded" to PC. Macs Vs Pc - neverending fued.. Love Macs for my graphics programming and love PC for its sheer global compatibility with software/devices. I don't think that site is finished yet.. They sill have more to develop and frankly this was their first official crack at it...

@......

No GPRS problems.. Did you do a system restore? For your GPRS issues what are the eror msgs? I don't believe the firmware upgrade would "ruin" your GPRS.. If you did restore there is a possibility that your backup was corrupted.. Do a system reset and enter them manually..

StarKnight
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-12-10 01:04
Quote:

On 2003-12-10 00:53:05, BigFeat wrote:

No GPRS problems.. Did you do a system restore? For your GPRS issues what are the eror msgs? I don't believe the firmware upgrade would "ruin" your GPRS.

I did a master reset and configured everything manually. Same results. There are no erros... the device detects a GPRS capable network and when i have to retrieve an E-Mail, an MMS or browse the Net it starts the correct connection... but after that I can only see that it sends data but receives nothing ! In my GPRS log I have several Kbytes sent and 0 Kbytes received
BigFeat
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-10 01:14
Is that little thick 'right angle triangle' over the signal bars filled???

macman
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-12-10 02:04
I got my fone 3 weeks ago. yesterday i tried the update service, the returned result after i preformed an automated update was that my handset software was current and no update was needed. Below are the details.

Phone: cxc162022 r3b004
BT: cxc12529 r5d
Org: cxc162021 r1c01
cda: cda162004/3 r2b01

Due to the different software types listed on this forum the software must be network specific?

[ This Message was edited by: macman on 2003-12-10 01:20 ]
jomni1
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-12-10 02:21
What happened to the guy trying this on his P800? Wanna know what happened.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 11 121314  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic