Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > 6600 or P900???

12  Next
Author 6600 or P900???
bestfalcon16
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-11-22 20:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
guys i want help me...
what mobile do you believe is the best choice??
and best value for money...
thanx
Guy89
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-11-22 21:58
definelty get a P900 dude
P905
BlackBauer24
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-11-23 18:16
P900ssibly the best smartphone in the world. 6600 has got some very good features, but the screen is pants for 65k, i've seen more colours in a tube of smarties.

This message was posted from a P900

MaThIbUs
T300
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-23 18:18
P900

This message was posted from a T300

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-11-23 18:30
how come, when people ask for an opinion on which phone they should get and suggest two they are interested in, many people just say this phone or that without giving specific arguments.

I mean its obvious most people here would say P900 in this case but when I see an answer that just says "p900" or "6600" I am not any wiser why that might be true?

at the end of the day the question is probably irrelevant anyway unless the asker specifies their needs from the phone and can then make judgements based on the reasons given by each respondant. but even if they are looking for a general opinion it would still help to see reasons why people say their choice.
ThreeX
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-11-23 18:35
Slightly off topic, but still...
Played around a bit with a P900 yesterday, and I think it was slow to respond?! Is that normal behaviour? I played with a P800 too this spring, but if memory serves me, that one was faster.
(What I mean by slow response is, that when like opening a menu item, regardless of using navikey or pen, it took like three seconds for the menu to open.) Also the ringsignal preview was almost inaudible.
Please donīt think iīm dissing the P900, i played with it in a store, and havenīt even opened a manual, but the speed (lack of) disturbed me quite a bit.

EDIT: The last similar device I played around with was an Ipaq, maybe itīs unfair to expect similar performance from the P900, but the Ipaq was smoking in comparison

[ This Message was edited by: ThreeX on 2003-11-23 17:37 ]
alanranch
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-23 20:22
I dont wanna be bias even though I think of the P900 as the best mobile phone yet. So here is the lowdown....Nokia 6600 and the P900 both have great features but it all boils down to your budget and what you really want. If you want a phone thats got great features but easy on the budget go for the Nokia 6600. If you have money to spare and want everything in a phone go for the P900. To compare the 2 is just like comparing a ferrari with a toyota. Big price difference, design, features its all there on the p900 phone. Sure some of the things a p9 can do a nokia 6600 can as well. But overall you can do much more with a p900.
Here is why.

Battery life of a Nokia 6600 - Standbytime (h) 240 talk time 400 VS a P900 Talktime (m) 240 talk time 780

The screen of the Nokia 6600 against the P900. P9's screen is tough to beat. Big, vivid and vibrant althought I gotta say the zoom of Nokia is a great attempt. But there is no way Nokia can beat the screen of the P9. Even b4 when u donwload pics from a 36/76 and compare them with the pics of P800's, color is more vivid and vibrant on a p800. PLUS SE's p8 and P9 have Touch screen!!!!

Design would depend on your taste but If ur going to ask me the 6600 is far from the P9. The look of the P9 is classy compared to a 6600. Although both feels great on my hands.

as for the selling part
Nokia's are easy to sell coz its the phone of the masses but the price drops right away because of the many phones they release all throughout the year. Value for money Id go for a P900. It takes a while to deprec8 although its soo friggin expensive.

Software
Nokia has always been reliable with just a few software upgrades. I even had nokia's where it didnt need a software upgrade. Thats Nokia's advantage but then again a lot of phones released by Nokia are more or less the same. Ericsson/SE phones have always been innovative. So I guess I have to use this the phone for a couple of months to tell you if SE has done a great job as far as the software side is concerned.

Memory
Memory 6 Mb - Nokia 6600
16+32 MB - P900
MMC - DUO Big price difference almost half! just goes to show you Sony's are really hard to copy which makes it harder for us SE users since its much more expensive than the MMC cards. Not much difference If u ask me. both do the same things.

Ease of Text
Nokia wins this handsdown. I still think when it comes to texting no other brand can come close to a NOKIA although I like the sms sytem of the SE's coz less mistakes on sending sms text msgs. I just hope SE can improve on this part and that is by letting their phones have access to the sent/draft and outbox msgs with the flip closed. But as far as wrting txt msgs, t9 and reading the inbox msgs the 6600 only has a slight advantage.

Bluetooth of SE's are the best. Just try BT headsets on a nokia and an SE phone. You'll know the difference right away. Sound from a Nokia sounds mono compared to a SE phone. Battery life using the the BT headset on a nokia and a SE phone. It cannot be compared. SE beats Nokia on this department. If im not mistaken SE is the 1st to use Bluetooth and its one of the most important things for me coz I cant live without a BT headset. Plus sending files thru blutut is fast compared to Infrared. Pretty soon all gadgets out there even refrigerators and products like milk etc etc will have bluetooth on it. Too long for me to discuss this. The 6600 can do what a P9 can do althought SE's got a big advantage coz of what I mentioned. Compare the bt headset of ericsson the HBH-15 to a much newer nokia hdwd2. Battery life alone is a big difference. Used to have an hdwd2 and it takes me just a few hours of use b4 I recharge it. With an HBH-15 it takes me 4 days b4 the next charge. hbh-15 is still the best BT headset for me. Althought the new Se models are much more comfy but with battery life I dint know if there a bt headset that cna beat the hbh-15 probably the hbh-35.

Man this is like a novel already. So if you're going to ask me. If uve got the budget go for the p900 but if u want a phone dat can do some of the things a p900 can do then go for a nokia 6600. If I were you test it yourself. Go play with friends thats got a 6600 and a p900 and see for yourself coz no matter what people say, for you to be able to get the answer is to use both phones. So there ya go!!! Enjoy testing those 2 great phones.

[ This Message was edited by: alanranch on 2003-11-23 19:27 ]
mmsman
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-11-23 22:43
@ThreeX: the p900 isn't slower than p800 in fact i think it's a little faster, so my guess is that because you tried the phone in a shop, people didn't close apps after using it and therefore the p900 was using to much memory and therefore the device seamed slow....
cdcjr
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-11-23 22:52
@Alanranch

How about the antennae of p900 vs. 6600? Which among the 2 has a clear calls even when there's one bar na lang ang signal in an area and which among the 2 that is most likely to have a dropped call? Thanks
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-25 13:46
Just surfin` other sites and look at this guy:
"I've been lookin forward for this phone for so long and now, that I've got my hands on one of 'em, I'm litterally depressed! The menu is little to say crappy! It's FULL of bugs and glitches! When one changes from one menu to another, pieces - yes, GRAPHICAL PIECES - of the former are still lingering on the screen for a second, not to mention the delay. And another one: turning the phone on is matter of luck - either it freezes or it takes up to 1 minute for it to start and the start-up tune is truncated as if some mad DJ were performing scratches with it! Physically, the battery cover is extremely flimsy and the camera lens was born to be scratched... Now, I've been thinkin that this might be a one-handset problem, but it turned out that every single one I tried (made in Finland, keep that in mind) acted the same! So, Nokia is taking us for fools again and is beta-testing on customers! Oh, and for G's sake, why is there no Pop-Port on it? Maybe some of us, old-fashioned geeks would like to connect it via data cable instead of pairing the damned thing and spend even more money on Bluetooth or IR adapters! I'm more and more convinced that Nokia has started to rely on its name for selling the products, rather than quality... But how long can a reputation be kept if not maintained and backed-up by facts? "
I think he knows his stuff it was posted 2003-11-20 17:55:09
PS: I`ve seen it yesterday and frankly i am amased that Nokia still produces phones as big as the 7650...there r some bigger like N-Gage and 7700!!Who buys bricks like that and whatta hell r they doin` with `em?
Sony Ericsson Indonesia
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-11-25 14:50
firstly what will ur main uses for the phone be?
alanranch
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-26 08:41
@Alanranch

How about the antennae of p900 vs. 6600? Which among the 2 has a clear calls even when there's one bar na lang ang signal in an area and which among the 2 that is most likely to have a dropped call? Thanks

ANSWER:
Nokia 6600 has a better antennae than the P900, one of the strong points of NokiaPhones but the p900 is pretty ok. SLight improvement if you're going to compare it to a P800.
hurny
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-11-26 09:15
I agree with most of whats been said, except:

I dont agree that the Nokia bluetooth is worse. My experience with P800's and the 3650 etc... has been that the range of the Nokia has been good as the SE, if not better.

Between Nokia and Nokia (7650 and 3650, or 2 3650's) I can get a range of up to 30-40m's.

I do hope that the reception on the 6600 is better. I found my 3650 had worse reception than some of the earlier Nokias and the SE's like the T610.

The Symbian Series 60 has heaps of 3D games. I play them all the time, and they are great! I dont see it being any different to the P900, except of course the screen size.

Whats that about there being more colours in a Smarties box? Isnt 65k colours enough for you? In fact, P900 and 6600 have the same screen colours. There's no difference but size.

All in all, the P900 has marginally better features than the 6600, but bigger and more expensive. I go with the latter
Ablufia
V800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-26 09:48
Can I just chip in that having recently moved from Nokia 6310i to SE Z600 I think that SE have as good text entry as Nokia - with the exception of expecting the 'space' key to be 0 I've found the SE to be spot on...
ying tong ying tong ying tong ying tong ying tong tiddle eye po - apparently.
hurny
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-11-27 12:15
ying tong ying tong ying tong ying tong ying tong tiddle eye po??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi