Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > How many has had problems with their T68m

Author How many has had problems with their T68m
IRazor
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-05-05 18:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
My T68 crashed yesterday while using wap. It has the R2A013 software. Hopefully a software upgrade will fix this. No other probles so far. Only slow sms..
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2002-05-06 02:28
Lot of problem with T68.
This is my 3.e.

The Problems become when GPRS is on.
* Hangs like a Computer
* Don't want shut down
* Lose connection ( can't call)
* Restart the phone when play Games ..

Problems without GPRS.

Phone lose connction to the net, (can't call)
Tezza
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-05-06 03:32
Hey well you know I love the T68 but it has heaps of problems. I live in AUstralia and I thought that it might be something that I am doing but not anymore. The phone just got relised here and all, I am on my 4th so far and before that I had a T39 what was the biggest heap of shit that I ever bought. I Thought by upgrading to a T68m the problems might go away but no. Here is a bit of a list of the things that go wrong, and let me remind you people I use my phone for normal use and that I don't play the games nor use the GPRS heaps:

1. Phone resets all the time, it just does not want to stay on without having to reset without even using or touching the phone.

2. It freezes everything you do no matter what, making a call or using sms it will freeze then you have to pull the battery etc. Even going through the menu it crashes its like a bad version of WINDOWS.hehehe

3. The sound distorts at times, and like there is a really bad connection when there isn't. The line will drop out in full respection.

4. GPRS cause the phone to freeze, does not work at times, toooo slow at times and no working. (has nothing to do with the service provider cause i use the same sim in my nokia and that has no problems.

5. Talk time is pretty shit when it comes to having a conversations longer than an hour you know. This is by the way being 50 metres away from the tower cause its close to my work.

6. The joystick sometimes does not do what it is ment to, this is after like 10000 movements.

7. The Yes and NO buttons sometimes don't work you really have to press those little things to make it work.

8. THe volume button is becoming doggy and hard to use for some reason.

So these are some of the things that I have found with my phones, I keep getting them replaced cause its under the 30 day replacement thing, but hey even the software updates don't always fix the problems there is always something that is going worng, I never had this with any of my previous phones like my nokia. But what do you people think of these problems, Like i said I use it for normal use. Ericsson is pissing the shit of me at the moment I don't know what to do anymore they keep on making me travel 2 hours out of my way to get another phone without any compensation or anything and the problem does not get fixed. I had to spend an extra 300 to upgrade to the T68 after having the T39, which I must say anyone out there planning to get the T39 DON"T get it. In regards to the T68 well you see the problems the phone all looks great but the software was written by refugeeeee. If you read this Ericsson, the Australia Consumer Affairs is investegating and going to make it public of the problems encountered how phones are being relised with software issues without allowing consumer knowing before they purchase the phone. Its like Its' like i say the phone looks great on the outside, but like somethings in life (females) the inside is just as important. DOn't judge the phone by what it looks, the problems that are found in are amazing and Ericsson is just screwing everyone around I am on like 9 different phones through them now and I have not recieved any compensation for my troubles and I had to pay full amount to upgrade to the T68 from the T39 after I had 5 T39's in which I gave up on....
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi