Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > How many has had problems with their T68m

Author How many has had problems with their T68m
kogos
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-20 20:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
same problem here... pressing NO for 10 sec --> shut down... but it's not that bad. i prefer to take care of my phone and having it under any pressure all the time to close by itself anyway... and don't think that nokia is not buggy.... try 8310... that's why i bought ericsson and sold my 8310. so, i don't consider it a problem... nothing else except this NO thing has happened to me and i have R3A hardware and R2A013 firmware...

by the way: which hardware is the newest?
mrNoodles
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-04-20 23:50
Ive heard that Nokia is taking back all their 8310 thats been sold, cause all the problems with the display or what it was.
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-04-21 00:18
Mr Noodles i feel the same! When it works i love it but i've had so many problems, never had as many with any other phone but i suppose they were not as advanced as this. Still no excuse though, am sick of having to get this phone replaced! Ed

This post was posted from a T68

mrNoodles
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-04-21 01:18
Hi Ed!!
You hit the nails head!!
The store there I bought it has compared it with OS (Operative Systems) for computers like W2K and XP and more, and with the old Windows 3.11 everything just "worked fine", but then with 95, 98, W2K and now XP, which, been released with over 10000 or more known errors.
I just feel the discussion been so "out of the field" that I just want my money back!!
And if they are selling a phone it should be tested so well that it dont should have so many "bugs" like T68m has!! And all of my phones has really been "stinking"

Monday morning = money back or a T68i!!

Unless that, and most of all Geab (the store there I bought it) are getting in to big problems, cause now Im really fed up with all this sh*t!!!
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-04-21 01:41
MrNoodles good luck monday! I'm on my 5th T68 now, this one R2b made in Sweden and so far so good but i'm paranoid about it breaking! If this one breaks then it's T68i for me. It's not out in UK so hasn't been an option. Don't want to exchange for any othe phone because they are just in no comparison to a 'working' T68! Ed

This post was posted from a T68

benny t
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-21 14:55
Sorry if anyone has already suggested this but I have not had time to check every post - Is it just me or do you think it would be interesting to have the next Esato Poll on problems with T68m/i and see how many people have had trouble with their phones? Judging by the number of posts on problems im guessing it would be a very high percentage!
onderf
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-22 01:35
I've some problems too :

*Poor battery life
*SMS characters limited at 60 when using T9
*When turning on sometimes it freezes and I must have turn it on second time.
*Some joystick problems
*Poor quality volume button.
*Tooooo slow at writing SMS and in some menus.

Despite it has that problems , it's a superb phone.
Gnuig
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-22 13:54
Good luck to you mr Noodles today. Let us all know how respond to this issue.

I went to my SP last week and was indeed told I could return the phone... for a new on, yet I had to wait forever (2-3 months) for this to happen, since ALL NEW T68i are sold out!

Also I would get a crappy phone (probably a NOKIA ) while waitning and I really dont believe it is in the hardware!

I'll give one last chance with the May BIG-update, and see what sort of fun this update will bring!

Other than that... I do believe the T68 is a good phone, just with some major shortcommings! My Nokia 8210 did have some glitches, yet Nokia seemed better at fixing the SW issues quickly and effectively!

COME ON ... GIVE US THAT UPGRADE NOW (and without anymore errors ) ...

Wishfull thinking... yes?!

[ This Message was edited by: Gnuig on 2002-04-22 13:55 ]
Silencer
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-22 16:06
I've never had any big problems with my t68, maybe only once in a while when I play Erix. Then the screen get filled up with lots of shit, and I have to turn it off, loosing all my points. Grrr.
dondori
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-04-22 16:27
my T68i restarts on its own , once a while every now and then, what could that be
gullak
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-04-22 20:49
Quote:

On 2002-04-18 23:43, jas wrote:
About the problems with T68m:

># It shuts down when it lies in my back pocket

I have had mine shut down in my pocket when under pressure. Maybe that is what happens for you too?

># It displays that there is average coverage, but when I call someone it never reaches the connecting part, cause somehow the coverage disapeers!

This is the most annoying thing! I have experience exactly the same thing. I even took a scientific view at it and put the phone to the test. I tried to call a number, and if it managed to connect OK I registered an "OK", and otherwise a "Not OK". Then I waited five minutes (for the phone to calm down) and tried again. I repeated the experiment 20 times. Result:

OK: 10
Not OK: 10
Total: 20

In other words, half of the times I wasn't able to connect! This is really bad. The good news is that, if I tried to call directly after a "Not OK", I usually got through. But even that is not good enough. Then I did a similar test, where I called my T68m from another phone. The result:

OK: 12
Not OK: 3
Total: 15

The result: 3/15 = 20% of all calls did not get through! Either they were dropped immediately or they were just diverted directly to my voice mail. This result is even worse --- if I cannot call from the phone, I will notice that --- but if people are trying and failing to call me, I wouldn't know! In this experiment I again let the phone "rest" for five minutes in between tests.

I should add that all these tests were done in a place where I had perfect reception. My other phone (an old R320 brick) didn't experience any problems.

I would encourage T68 owners to do this little test on their phone. I would hope that it is only a small minority that has this reception problem, but who knows? Please post a mail here if you can do the test without problems, so that we can rule out the possibility that this is a software/hardware bug that is present in all phones.

# And a last it is so damn slow when writing a SMS, looking at my stored SMS's

Here I have a good tip: Remove all the SMS:es from your SIM-card. It is them that causes the SMS:list to be so slow. Every SMS on the SIM-card slows the updating of the list with approximately 0.5 seconds. Thus, 3 SIM SMS:es will mean that you have to wait 1,5 seconds MORE every time you enter your INBOX, for instance. With no SIM-card SMS:es, the lists are at least pretty fast.

I should also add that I have had problems with GPRS-Wap, sending and receiving SMS and also with dropped calls, but all these problems are most probably due to the reception problem. I turned it in today, and they said that I probably would get it exchanged (for another T68m) but I might have to wait 3 weeks for the exchange phone!

-JAS

It's my phone your describing !!!!!
Only my phone is also having problems with sending SMS's. They won't reach the one I'm sending it to. I have to send it up to 7 times. And every time I have to repeat this procedure, I have to press the YES button 4 times, so it's quite anoying.
But now i've been redirected to the Orange customer sevice from their store where I bought the phone, so now Im hoping to recieve a new phone. And by the way did I try the "trick" with holding the No button down and it did turn off!!!
TonyG
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-05-05 11:52

At first I have high regards on Ercisson phones on their technology. When I buy my T39 I was very dissapointed. The first day it already
does not work well. The vedor changed for me for another brand new one it spoilt after one week time. I went to the SE SC and also went straight to their Representative office and make my complaint. At last I was allowed to trade in for a T68 at a special price. Still this phone is not 100% perfect. Lots of problems occurs. Even my bluetooth HPH 15
also got problem. Do Ericsson don't read this forum on their products complaint? Are they going to keep quiet?
tcp/ip
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-05-05 12:01
I have had problems with my 68, but sw upgrade fixd it....
now it has served me in 4,5month with no problems at all !!
rdlc
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-05-05 12:38
Mine crashes quite alot but thats the only problem ive ever had with mine, the t68i doesnt do the same does it
Stormlord
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2002-05-05 16:18
mine 1st t68 had a BIIIIIIIIIG problem when i called someone neither i couldnt hear anything nor him from i gave it back and now the 2nd t68 is absolutely free of problems crashes etc...
Battlecruiser Reporting...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi