Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > MP3

Author MP3
jester
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-04-16 11:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Anyone know if there are plans for a new version of the MP3 player?

Also, is the mp3 a big drain on the phones battery, I would be connecting it to a t68i?

Also, I found this info about the MMC and SD cards:
"MMC cards are generally about 1.4mm thick, while SD cards may be up to 2.1mm thick"

Source:
http://support.intel.com/support/peripherals/audioplayer/3kplayer/mmclist.htm

Has anyone tried using an SD card in the MP3 player?
I've seen posts on this but I've yet to hear if anyone has tried it.

escobar
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-16 21:51
I've tried SD-cards with the mp3-player HPM-10, and it does not fit at all! Only MMC-cards do!

The battery-life while using the mp3-player is quite good, the player uses very little power from the phone! At least alot less than talking, maybe a bit more than having bluetooth enabled all the time!

I'm quite happy with my player, allthough I were not satisfied with the sound-quality before I got a new pair of headphones!

I don't know if Sony Ericsson have a new mp3-player planned, but if they do, it'll probably be a Sony-product using memory-sticks, instead of MMC-cards. And Sony don't like mp3's that much, so it'll maybe have some kind of protection when it comes to illegal mp3-playing!
I'm just not a signature kind of guy..
lebowski
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-04-16 22:29
I think, when there will be a new mp3 player it will have an internal memory rather then memorystick.

Did I already mention that I love my mp3 player?
escobar
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-16 23:57
Why would it have internal memory, when eg Sony Memory-sticks soon are reaching up to 1 gig allready (the 512 and 268mb stick is soon available), and that there is a new and smaller memory-stick coming soon too?

Having a big internal memory is nice, and I think the future will phones will have mp3-ability built-in allready! But I think that a new mp3-player for eg the T68 will have external memory, because that would mean more sales for Sony (memory-sticks are NOT cheap), and it is probably easier to make it because it would not need to be big! The HPM-10 isn't big, but I bet an mp3-player with 500 mb memory would have a nice size (just look at the Ipod)!
lebowski
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-04-17 00:11
ah, didn't know about the smaller memorystick. sony uses internal memory for its network mp3 players. those are very small. only 64 mb memory, just enough.

A smaller memorystick with a big memory sounds cool though.
n|ck_xp
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-04-17 00:14
Smaller Memory stick?
First time i hear that!
I have an Sony mp3 player with memory stick MS-9 is the model code
with 64 MB of memory stick.
n|ck_xp
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-04-17 00:15
O i forgat!
Sonyericsson allready said is gonna release a cell phones with Memory stick port and MP3 support.I have see pictures of it so far!
escobar
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-17 00:45
Are you thinking about the Sony MZ5? It's big, bulky and has built-in ATRAC-player (not mp3). It comes with a digital cord for copying music from regular cd-players and so on, and it uses memory-sticks & costs mucho money!!

I read about the smaller type of memory-sticks in a magazine, and they even had pics of it! It's going to be used in things like really small digital video-cameras, mp3-players and so on, while the usual memory-stick will still be used in many things (Clié's, video-cameras, mp3-players and so..)!

Mac
P990
PM
Posted: 2002-04-18 14:11
Hi,

about the mp3 thing, i'm planning to buy one, is it possible to connect another 3,5 headphone, or is it a 2,5 connector? Also the storage is n't that great, i'm used to my ipod's storage of 5GB, and now back to 64MB an answer is much appreciated , please everyone who has comment or answer on my question, mail it at koenwastyn@mac.com

thanks in advance!
---------
Think Different
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-16 18:10
Quote:

On 2002-04-16 21:51, escobar wrote:

I'm quite happy with my player, allthough I were not satisfied with the sound-quality before I got a new pair of headphones!

Escobar where did you get new headphones from? They are not a standard size on the player. Mine are a little bit crackly in one ear and it's starting to piss me off!

Ed [addsig]
sagara
R520
PM
Posted: 2002-06-16 19:22
Just an idea:
I'm using my MMC card not only for music, but ocassionally to back up my palm m505 (handles SD and MMC).
Good to know my data in safety when I can't hotsync!
joshuadroy
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-06-20 11:56

hi all, could any1 send me the file c:\pp_mmc\mmcprep.exe as i need that yto format my card,

if any1 could that would be great thanx very much1!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi