Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > p900 killer is a nokia :p

Author p900 killer is a nokia :p
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-23 04:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
That and a small trolley.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
SeanRC
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 05:03
is it just me or is nokia *spit* going back in time, 1st mobile phone had to be carried in the boot of your car, then the 'DEL-BOY' phone - now there heading back that way... ok p800/900 bit big for my liking, but not massive, and you dont need to power it off a car batt...
I want to live till i die, no more, no less!!
KSE
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 05:04
That may be the case... and the potential for the said attached trolley is quite significant...

I recall a method of improving Wi-Fi reception using an empty dog food tin... perhaps the metal wiring of the trolley could be used in a similar way...

As ever, everything has it's advantages... it may be a little awkward to push 2 trolleys around you local super market, but just think of that Wi-Fi reception... and imagine what you could do with it for the whole 10 minutes the battery will last, though when it expires, one would be able to utilise that found in a nearby car... though some poor sod would end up pushing the said car all the way home as a result...!

The possibilities are endless!
There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise.
- Gore Vidal (Although I didn't write it, from my perspective, I couldn't agree with it more!)
SeanRC
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 05:10
what some one has to do, is find a way of getting signal in places like london undergrnd.... the first operator to acomplish that will no doubt become the largest operator (if not already) in the world... or even if a company like SE found a way, they would soon corner the market, almost immediatly.... might start looking into that, could be millions to be made!!!
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-23 05:10
Salesman: Hello sir, how can I help you?

Customer: Me like Nokia! Me want Nokia!

Salesman: Certainly sir, how big would you like your Nokia?

Customer: Um ... (scratches head) BIG! Me like Nokia!

Salesman: Very good sir. Now your new Nokia comes with different covers, which colours would you like?

Customer: (Drooling) Me like big um bright colours. Me like Nokia. Me want um different colours for Nokia.

Salesman: Certainly sir. Would you like a Nokia that makes a loud generic noise or a quiter generic noise.

Customer: (getting agitated) Give me Nokia! Me want Nokia! Me like Nokia!

Salesman: A loud one sir, certainly sir. Now give me your paw and I will give it to you and make sure you take it nicely and I'll throw in 2 free minutes a day.

Customer: (grabs the phone and runs foaming at the mouth back to his pack outside the shop) Me got Nokia! Me got Nokia! Whoop whoop! Me got Nokia! Me got Nokia ...
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
KSE
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 05:18
Quote:

On 2004-02-23 05:10:35, SeanRC wrote:
what some one has to do, is find a way of getting signal in places like london undergrnd.... the first operator to acomplish that will no doubt become the largest operator (if not already) in the world... or even if a company like SE found a way, they would soon corner the market, almost immediatly.... might start looking into that, could be millions to be made!!!

I have the solution... or at least the only one you'll find for many a year...

Bring the underground, overground... problem solved...!... bloody tunnels and the like... how silly, did they never consider the difficulties in getting a mobile signal when they dug the soddin' things...!
There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise.
- Gore Vidal (Although I didn't write it, from my perspective, I couldn't agree with it more!)
SeanRC
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 05:24
:lo: good answer, but dont you think the traffic is bad enough already.. there must be a way, think about it, if a submerine can communicate from 3000ft under the sea, i'm sure we can use a mobile 20-50 metres under grnd????
KSE
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 05:32
If you fit the trains with wheel, or even better, tracks, and apply a sort of bull bar to the front, then I do think that normal traffic will not actually cause too much of a problem... especially so when one considered the momentum a moving train could have on the average motorway...

As for the submarine problem... thats a bit daft... everyone knows that phones don't work if they get wet!

I should image that the average submarine uses something, dare I say it, a little more technical than yer average cell phone... I may be wrong on that one, but I would also go as far to say that the actual working bits wouldn't fit in yer pocket either... that's just a guess though...
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-23 05:32
Different material its going through, water is a lot easier to transmit through than solid rock, concrete, tarmac, etc
A system of underfround transmitters relaying a signal throughout the underground network is one solution, but would be terribley expensive and frought with difficulties.
SeanRC
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 05:40
they should drill tactical holes from surface to undrgrnd, to allow signal through.... or put satalite recievers at either end of the tunnels, and get something to bounce the signal off all the way through the tunnel... like if you position mirrors right you could see from your room into your kitchen without having to move(for an example)
KSE
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 05:43
Yeah, and then, as a result of intesified radiation from the aforementioned masts in an enclosed space, all passengers could have their brain fried whilst journeying to and from work... great idea and one which will surely catch on... though I am sure you would have to pay for this added extra feature to your journey...
SeanRC
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 05:45
yeah the government would probably add a taxation aswell!!
and as for the fried brain goes, some of the people ive seen on the undrgrnd that would be a vast improvement..

[ This Message was edited by: SeanRC on 2004-02-23 04:49 ]
KSE
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 06:15
Well the underground was introduced for the actual purpose of putting, shall we call them, mentally challenged people out of public view for a few hours... think of the accidents they would cause with a driving licence!
SeanRC
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 06:21
yeah, that would be manic...
KSE
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 06:23
You see it's best to keep them underground... but also perhaps its better to prevent them from being able to call the outside world...

Indeed, I do think a better bet would be to block up the exits...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi