Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Good point - didn't think of that.

I was just thinking of the weight...
T-Shirt
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 01:32
I will not then buy a taco or stand near to a stack of bricks just to avoid them to 'kill' my beloved P900.

This message was posted from a WAP device

SeanRC
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 01:35
where did taco come from 8-?
I want to live till i die, no more, no less!!
wollyka
P1
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 01:41
^_ ^ LOL
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-23 02:20
From it's shape...u name it: brick, burger,taco,radio...crap
" They say i'm sick; they`re right, it's called 'Terminal Boredom!' "
Follow me on twitter.com/bograma
Read my Symbian UIQ 3.0 reviews at Juvo's
SeanRC
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 02:35
fair enough, but i think crap is to good.... COMPLETELY & UTTERLY.......(CANT THINK OF A WORD TO DESCRIBE IT) ANY1 WANT TO FINISH IT???
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 02:46
the daft thing is, by the time this "phone" comes out, we'll already know what the real P900 killer will be - because SE will have leaked the specs of it's successor

nokia are definitely on a hiding to nowhere with all this sidetalking. they should concentrate on the kiddie phones, and leave SE to lead on the technology side of things - they do it so much better.
SeanRC
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 02:49
a good point - and well made.. well done that man... they should stop asking kiddies to design their phones aswell!!!
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-23 03:36
The problem Nokia has at the moment is that they are too popular. The market they have cornered for themselves is primarily aimed at 'Joe Bloggs', the average user. Because of this they have been forced to focus primarily upon phones which are niether sophisticated nor expensive.
Sony Ericsson on the other hand have aimed their phones at the high-endbusiness user who is willing to pay a bit more for his device because it provides him with more useful features and abilities. Sony Ericsson, unlike Nokia, have not become too dependent upon one corne rof the market, they have maitained popular support amongst the great unwashed with phones such as the T68i and the T610.
Whilst Nokia fumbles around trying to produce smartphones and music players or video gaming phones SE comfortably sails through both the high-end and the average Joe markets.
Why? I hear you ask. The answer is really rather simple. SE have not become dependent upon any single demographic, unlike Nokia, who have as their majority customers, children, codgers and peoplewho have huge fingers and need big buttons on a phone so they can mash them. SE, on the other hand, draws its customers from a wider base, thus giving it a decided advantage. Ironically it is a result of Nokia becoming so widespread and popular that has resulted in them being seen as 'un-cool' and un-sophisticated' in high-end user circles.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2004-02-23 03:26 ]
KSE
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 04:20
Quote:

On 2004-02-23 03:36:13, scotsboyuk wrote:
... Sony Ericsson, unlike Nokia, have not become too dependent upon one corne rof the market, they have maitained popular support amongst the great unwashed with phones such a sthe T68i and the T610.

I don't fancy that will go down too well !!! hehehe... probably true though

The rest has sound reasoning, though I do feel Nokia may fear the might of the likes of Microsoft entering, and indeed dominating, the market as opposed to SE specifically...

There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise.
- Gore Vidal (Although I didn't write it, from my perspective, I couldn't agree with it more!)
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-23 04:28
Perhaps, though Microsoft are at a decided disadvantage when it comes to experience. SE could become the dominant player if it continues to deliver high quality products, even at intermediate levels of use, and delivers on time.
Innovation is the key and SE have a lot of that. They need to be careful, however, or they could loose that stance like Nokia has.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
SeanRC
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 04:34
also samsung are starting to show a great improvement, they have brought some good looking, good software phones out lately, i think if they started to produce phones that aren't clamshell, they could do damage to nokia's market, and a bit of damage tose, but they will have to prove them selves to the se customers, to make any real impact!!
KSE
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 04:45
SE may have innovation, but I do think Microsoft has the pedigree and experience to pull it off, in time of course, being largely unimpressive to date...

Microsoft's smartphone software, although a little dodgy at present, as seen in the almost immediate need to update the XDA2 to allow certain features to function correctly (perhaps somewhat similar to the P900 though?), doesn't really have far to go, especially when you consider the fact that devices these days have the processing power of computers of only a few years ago, thus leaving Microsoft with much previous knowledge of what can be done with the available resources, something that cannot be said of SE...

Indeed, MS have the PDA market pretty much sewn up, being hated by some as always, but being matched in power and features by nothing else available at present... If they could just scale this down a bit and add proper phone functionality, then the Symbian group may be in trouble... I still remember the seemingly superior, but ill-fated Psion range of Epoc (Symbian) supported devices...I loved mine, but support just came to a halt... which is something of great importance... such a device, the p900 and successors included, rely heavily upon third party software, and so ease of programming and inclusion of support...

They all said that Microsoft would not crack the console market, and in spite of official figures stating to the contrary, it seems that the XBOX is more popular that may be imagined... who knows what to expect from the next generation, but I am sure that Microsoft will be a major player, quality games are finally appearing, which are oft cited as the making of any expandable device, and have been for some time, just that it suffered a later release than the PS2, which left it unfairly disadvantaged, whilst the Playstation does have a cult following of sorts, and something previous to work on, similar to that which MS can rdepend with regard to computer based software...
There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise.
- Gore Vidal (Although I didn't write it, from my perspective, I couldn't agree with it more!)
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-23 04:47
Nokia churn out the mobile equivalent of the Model T. As most people now own a mobile phone they are now beginning to look at mobiles with fancy extras and sophisticated designs.
Whilst Nokia has been churning out its conformist bars other manufacturers have been producing well designed and innovative products; manufacturers that do not advertise the fact that the front cover can be changed, as the greatest invention since someone thought that a circle was a better shape for a wheel than a square.
KSE
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-02-23 04:50
The 9500... ain't that the new communicator... is meant to be announced tomorrow.. well today... according to My-Symbian... something which is supposedly going to have Wi-Fi support...

Rumour has it that one will need to attach a 12 volt car battery to the back in order to keep it going for any useable length of time
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi