Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Sendo X or P900????

12  Next
Author Sendo X or P900????
D_G
W800
PM
Posted: 2003-10-28 10:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
did you guys see the sendo x?? it sounds really nice. http://www.mobiletechnews.com/info/2003/10/22/140848.html

what do u think of it and how does it compare to P900?? has anybody seen it or tried it??
thanks

D_G
nigelot1
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-10-28 10:52
They need to improve the 'look' of their phones.
I would like to support them (Sendo) after their 'problem' with Microsoft.
Good to see they picked Symbian for their o/s

N
D_G
W800
PM
Posted: 2003-10-28 11:00
to tell u the truth, IMO, it looks a bit better than the P900. It has a 64 bit ring tone. It sounds nice, though, i would like to test it out or hear a review from someone who has used it.
how much would it cost u think???
the more i think of the P900 the more i think its a rip off. its not exactly a new phone an the functions/features have been improved without really adding something new.
what was all the fuss about their new camera incorportaed in the P900 that it was gonna be around 1.2 mega pixel while it seems like its exatly the same as the P800???
the 24 poly phonic tune is nothing to the 64 that is offered by sendo..i dont know..what do u guys think??
Qwakrz
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-10-28 11:12
Polyphonic ring tone? My P800 has a WAV file as a ring tone, cant get more polyphonic than that!

Also it looks to small. I thoght my P800 had a small screen but if they have made it the same size as a normal mobile then I would need a magnifying glass to see the words or icons.

BTW most midi ring tones dont use any more than 8 channels.
nogami
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-10-28 11:51
I dunno, I still prefer the P800/900's styling.

On another note, I had a chance to play with a Treo recently. I was surprised how big it was, especially with the antenna stub sticking up from the top - I much prefer the size of my P800 (and no protruding antenna).
exrom
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-10-28 12:08
I think sendo X seems to have some better options and stuff like videocam and polyphonic tones. But I think that sonyericsson it better than sendo on making mobilephones for buissnes. Then I think about the calander and the whole syncrenisation part... If you prefer the video stuff before a preberbly more complete phone with better quality, go on buy it.

The design
Sweden, the home of the vikings and ericsson!
BlackBauer24
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-10-28 12:44
The Sendo x certainly has got alot of things right concerning features, and if it had a touch screen (a must for me) could have been a true contender for the P900. but after seeing the P900 in high resolution images with and without the flip on i'm already sold, and have already decided that i will be getting another SE, i only wish that SE had made the P900 alot thinner and compatible with the memory stick duo pro.

This message was posted from a P800

D_G
W800
PM
Posted: 2003-10-28 14:05
the sendo x is not a touch screen?? its kinda difficult then to enter scheduling data or calenders without touch screen!!!
however, i read earlier here that the P900 is released here in dubai. I was excited about it yesterday but not so much today. If you think of it you will get to know that there is not much improvement to the P800(which i own). too fast to buy a new phone. SE also gives you nothing when it comes to memory and capacity of phone(peanuts basically) wo what other phones would have included. I'm not gonna pay $700 for an improved screen. the sound was shyte from the first phone and camera was shyte. I heard there r PDAs in the market which offer over 1.5 mega pixel of picture quality + zoom + flash.
Also a big rip off with P800/P900 is its memory cards, way too expensive and no 3rd party companies r allowed to design some cheaper versions. Either u get the memory stick duo which is limited to 128 or take a hike. I was excited yesterday but we, consumers, have to think of it a bit more seriously instead of throwing our money out. I will perhaps look into other options and will go and look at the P900 in the market to compare.
it seems like all this(whats on P900) could have been done by SE with P800 but they had to make something new with minimum improvement.
my pal has just bought an imate pocket pc and it looks really nice though its a PDA turned phone.
any more inputs on this situation or on the sendo x ???
Rashkae
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-10-28 16:57
D_G: Not true... Third-party manufacturers like Sandisk can manufacture Duos already. Also, a 128MB stick cost me $70, that's not bad.
Laza
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-29 08:21
The sendo seems to be a Series 60 device with a standard screen which, in my opinion, is in no way a serious contender with the big touchscreen on the P8/900. Imagine running opera on a sendo...or watching videos in widescreen.

Yes, the camera on the P-series is rather bad but even if it was 1.3megapixels or had 3x digital zoom (which btw makes the picture even worse, it's not the same as optical zoom) it probably wouldn't make a difference anyway. Pictures would look the same on the screen but they would be bigger and take up more memory.

But if polyphonic ringtones and megapixel cameras appeal to you then you should probably get a digital camera and a small 'normal' mobile phone with good ringones.
[dof]Laza
D_G
W800
PM
Posted: 2003-10-29 08:30
Laza,
i agree with you about your points. I have got my P800 mainly for work applications rather than the ring tones. However, i dont enjoy having a bad ring tone or bad pictures. I think the P800 would have been even better if the camera was not there. What i'm trying to say, if you bring out something, make it good. I dont think the P900 is the answer. I think SE is having another product in pipeline(2004) and trying to go for a quickie cash in the holidays season.
Another point i agree with you is the touch screen. Touch screen is very essential once you get used to it really.
Aggamemnon
Z600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-30 10:47
Personally, I don't believe that camera's on a mobile phone will ever be able to compete with digi cams for serious photography. I have a 4MP Pentax, and when I take pictures that is what I use - NOT the camera for my T68i. Mobile phone cameras are there to catch the moment, and enable you to send it over MMS.
BlackBauer24
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-10-31 10:29
@ D_G as you have already dissed the P900 in another thread, i suggest that you go for the Sendo X, it does seem to be quite an impressive device but certainly not in the looks department. however i will continue my quest to own a P900 as it has all the features that i require plus i think it looks the business too.

This message was posted from a P800

MaThIbUs
T300
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-31 10:31
P900

This message was posted from a T300

Swedish_Chef
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2003-10-31 11:46
Definately the P900, I have now been at the store to check it out and I must say it looks awsome.. Im gonna wait a month or two and see what the price level will be and see what campaigns the operators will have.

hoho cant wait
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi