Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Help to stop P900 scam on eBay

Previous  12
Author Help to stop P900 scam on eBay
Jah
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2003-10-11 17:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

Good news one of the enteries, the one that appeared to be operated by a trader with 400 positive feedbacks, has been removed. Result! Well done team.
Deanlambert
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-10-11 17:51
They are usually good at things like that. Really can't understand why they were so slow

This message was posted from a T300

dean
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-10-11 18:12
Well, guys, I am glad to see that the second offer is already gone... 1 stands still yet!!

Let's hope eBay will remove it soon!

By the way, does anyone know if ebay.co.uk and ebay.com are handled by different personel?

Thanks!

Dean K
Deanlambert
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-10-11 18:25
Don't think it is. Different countries

This message was posted from a T300

eyemas
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-10-11 22:46
ebay sucks~
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-10-12 01:52
Quote:

On 2003-10-11 12:32:19, Deanlambert wrote:
You'd be amazed at the amount of stupid things people will do. Look at that bucket of water thing. I know it was for charity but some people were bidding stupid amounts.

@Deanlambert, The whole point of that was so people with stupid amounts of spare money can give to charity in a fun way.

@people who might bid on a P900,
Well we all have to learn to think for ourselves when spending our money, i bought my P800 WELL before it was available where i live but i TOUCHED the phone before i handed over the money.
Reminder; milk, sugar, crisps, post letter.
moodswinger
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-10-12 06:12
Additionally, the item description is taken from P900 info on www.gsmarena.com.

These guys don't even want to bother to come up with a genuine pitch.

Well, I hope it does not end as yet another sad story. I, however, think we ought to bid and then refuse to pay via Western Union or some escrow service. Then you threaten them with police and stuff.

Once these guys figure out it was a waste of time and a potential danger for them they will give up quickly on mobile phones and similar stuff.
Jah
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2003-10-12 13:16
Fraudsters are back on eBay at

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3354730527&category=29023

If we keep reporting them to eBay at ukwebform@ebay.com they may go away. Let's hope. Many thanks, again, in advance.

Update: result again. Item was removed. If we keep finding these people they may get fed-up with scams to do with P800s/900s and trading easier for us honest buyers/sellers.

[ This Message was edited by: Jah on 2003-10-12 16:21 ]
dean
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-10-12 13:37
@moodswinger:

I was thinking the same way yesterday..

I think we should make a high-bid of, let's say, $2000 and let the things go...

As you can see, most of the fake-ebay-sellers ask this: "Do not bid! Contact me via email!"... It means that they have no way to hack the email accout of the guy who really owns the accout (I had an experience with a fake seller from Romania, who managed to hack both ebay and hotmail accounts of the real seller... Even thou, I provided ebay with all the information I managed to get about the frauder... - you know - internet is a wonderful place to find anything you may need..)...

So we can just overbid any reasonable price and leave a message at the real seller to close the auction, or just let ebay to do it...

I hate talking this way "we", or "someone" should do it... But at least here in esato we may decide to do this:

we can register an account at ebay and contact ebay with the information that we could use it to overbid..... hmm.. that's not a good idea... may be I should use my own (boliari) accout... dunno

Let me have your opinion, people!

Dean K
(Bulgaria)
SnowBear
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-12 15:27
ppl shud know batter the that!!
moodswinger
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-10-12 15:42
Dean, what you did makes sense and here is why I think bidding is a good idea:

These guys trwl the net looking for some interesting piece of equipment to build a scam around, be it a new cell phone or a new camcorder.

They neither care about the product nor they know much about it and, frankly, they do not want to bother. Once they waste their time and energy on P900 and it does not yield them any $$$, they will give up on it and move to another item or, hopefully, get caught.

PS. If using an escrow service, use the one that you suggest, not the one they want you to use.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi