Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > here is a real predicitve input (T9) for the P800

Author here is a real predicitve input (T9) for the P800
xtokiyax
T630
PM
Posted: 2003-10-12 04:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2003-10-11 14:46:22, Dazultra2000 wrote:
Predictive text with buttons is way faster, and that's why I want it. It's less frustrating also than having to repeatedly scribble letters

I agree...
mrj82
Z600
PM
Posted: 2003-10-12 06:46
Quote:

BTW 60% of people use the P800 whitout flip...

Are you serious? do you really still use the keypad to write sms or mails???
This was good in de jurassic time of the gsm (aka Nokia time loll) with the P800 you have a phone from the present and even the future, use it for what he is make : using the touchscreen

You know, I only use mine without the flip cuz I have no choice, the flip is broke....
blue8300
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-10-12 09:17
Quote:

On 2003-10-12 04:55:57, xtokiyax wrote:
Quote:

On 2003-10-11 14:46:22, Dazultra2000 wrote:
Predictive text with buttons is way faster, and that's why I want it. It's less frustrating also than having to repeatedly scribble letters

I agree...

Ok.. you think you be faster pushing 3 times on a button to get a "c" when i just have to push one letter on a virtual keyboard?
Without speaking about things like !?;:/=+~*$£µ%ù()àç!è'"é&@#€&& etc... lollll FOOOL !!!! Come on be realistic lollllllll

That new software is much powerfull then a T9 on keypad! It's a T9 with virtual keyboard.... It works the same didn't you noticed, or didn't you even take a look about how it works???

Using a keypad to write a something with a P800 is going back in time and not using his real capacity.... (and i am sure a lot of user you be better using a T610 then using maximum 20% of the capacity of the P800, like most do i think...)
xtokiyax
T630
PM
Posted: 2003-10-12 09:27
Lol okay haha matter of preference

I mean for me, the stylus really isn't it. I can't tap tap properly, it's a hassle.
On the keypad, I hardly need to look where I'm pressing, I just press press and feel my way round the keypad. It's much mroe comfortable. To me at least
blue8300
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-10-12 09:41
Easyer for you maybe.. that's true

But faster? lolll NEVER !!
Think..to write "$50 for a T9 Text input"
How much time wil you have to push on your "silly" keypad buttons? loll
I have and big screen before me, all the facility of a keyboard and i will need to push only in total 27 times.. i think you will be arround 4 times that at least. (please do the test, i would like to know)
I also can copy paste...

I am not using the keypad for 3 years there i was used to a virtual keyboard on my R380s...

Explanation about that software ! And please pay attention about the fact that this can be used not only for SMS !! But also for all the master applications and features of the P800
"eZiTap FEP by Zi Corporation dramatically reduces the time it takes for you to complete text entry on the virtual keyboard of your phone. As you type with the stylus, eZiTap searches the built-in English dictionary and predicts what word you are typing before you complete it. Rather than typing the rest of the word yourself, simply select one of eZiTap's suggestions and move on. The more you use it, the smarter eZiTap becomes. It learns what words you type and will then predict those words next time you type them. This is especially useful for names, slang, acronyms or any other unique words you may use. eZiTap is not just for SMS, it can be used to enter text in virtually any application, including the Calendar, Tasks, E-mail and Mobile Internet input fields"

nb: do you only write sms maybe? never a email , or a text, or descriptin/appointement?

[ This Message was edited by: blue8300 on 2003-10-12 08:46 ]
P-800er
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-10-12 11:57
i recv the attachment through mail but i am not able to download it
when itry to download it htrough outlook it say OE safley removed the unsafe attachment from ur comp and when i try to download through yahoo mail the it opens the attachment in a txt fotmat ... anlong with the mail ...
any ideas ... or some other link to download it ?
blue8300
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-10-12 12:08
no problem here.. i just downloaded it, clikc on the attachement and winzip did the rest.
It's maybe an configuration of your Antivirus? maybe don't he accept Zip file??
xtokiyax
T630
PM
Posted: 2003-10-12 12:49
mmm... Blue you're right. But hey, I'm a teen, I sms mostly
forceabuser
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2003-10-12 14:52
could this program be changed so that it accepts other languages then english?

EDIT:
"Is English the only language the product supports?"

"Currently, English is the only language the eZiTap FEP supports in the free trial version. For information on language availability on the full version for purchasing, please check back for announcements or subscribe to Zi News for automatic updates on product developments."

(from http://www.zicorp.com/eproducts/?page=faq)

[ This Message was edited by: forceabuser on 2003-10-12 16:01 ]
blue8300
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-10-12 15:04
Quote:

On 2003-10-12 14:52:38, forceabuser wrote:
could this program be changed so that it accepts other languages then english?

Don't you guy's never read the site or the thread before asking things that allready has been answered or present in the FAQ section on the site???
Like you can READ on the site, this is a trail version in english, more languages will be available on the commercial version ...

[ This Message was edited by: blue8300 on 2003-10-12 14:06 ]
anish
P1
PM
Posted: 2003-10-13 12:52
Wow it works as a treat. this was the application I was looking for its so much easier than the t9 and especially in my case since I write sms in my language using english alphabets the T9 was of no help (because it can't guess the word I am looking for since its not in english dictionary) what so ever but this solves the whole problem as this software remembers the words I write usually and picks it up even though its not in the standard english dictionary. I hope I made some sense and at least some of you had understood what I meant.

@p800er
Did you gave a proper email address or a web based one? Try giving your web based email like yahoo and try opening it from there. I had the same problem with my company email so I just forwarded the email to my yahoo address and it worked well

[ This Message was edited by: anish on 2003-10-13 12:10 ]
herc
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-10-16 16:40
correct. the most usefull app ever ! hope they wont charge too much for it. what are you folks willing to pay ?
my limit is definitely 30$ (upper limit) i would prefer 10-15$.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi