Previous  12
Author CAR-100 ... and Z600 comments
jrmi
Z600
PM
Posted: 2003-10-14 09:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@jplacson

Something has to give. In this case its either you sacrifice the thickness or the height of the phone. In SE case they choose to "sacrifice" the depth of the phone to make the Z600 smaller.

Its not like those Motorola or Samsung phones that have external antenna thats both irritating and uncomfortable in the pockets.

Its not like those Samsung phones that just place the camera on top of the flip just to put it there and call it a camera phone.

SE have made this phone with a lot of thinking into it and have considered the design.

If you consider the Z600 as a T610 in another form or design, and that you dont think its depth is justified, then i respect your opinion. But i wouldnt think SE would go on to all the trouble in manufacturing this phone if it was the same as the previous. There is always something new to offer besides the design, and that, i think is up to be discovered by the persons who will probably purchase the Z600. Wether it is just another T610 or does the phone have its own characteristics.
DeLa
T600
PM
Posted: 2003-10-14 10:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@jrmi

Why would every phone have to have different specifications?
I think it is normal to offer a candy-bar phone and clamshell phone with the same technical specifications. I wouldn't know why phones always have to be 'better' and 'improved' and with 'more specs' when they come onto the market half a year later than another one.

Both T610 and Z600 fill a nice niche of the phone-market.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi