Esato

Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > Comments for Globe, Smart, Sun operators (PH)

123 ... 101112  Next
Author Comments for Globe, Smart, Sun operators (PH)
nemo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-10-04 11:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
It's time to air your grievances and gratitude to our network provider.
Please post your comments here. Thanks.

[ This Message was edited by: GOwin on 2004-07-21 02:15 ]
mikejumanan
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-10-05 02:50
globe: cignal problem from my place. although i've some improvised gadgets to boost it a bit. and yes the problem with gprs. why don't they just start charging but unblock the wapsites!
sun: billing! billing! billing!
nemo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-10-05 05:27
Globe subscribers were very much disappointed when they blocked wap sites and now bumabawi sila by having free text every time you load aside from the monthly freetxt. OK na ba yun mas maganda yata e open din nila wap site. Para maramdaman din natin subscribers ang pagka 3rd placer nila as best network provider in Asia. Hindi BA? Sa sun, pagwala ka under the Sun walang signal, dapat cguro magkaroon ng araw sa loob ng mall. hehehe.
terence
S700
PM
Posted: 2003-10-05 07:41
globe sucks. i've tried having my international roaming activated and to find out that it's not. i've been here in los angeles for 3 weeks already and still i keep insisting them that my roaming isn't working but still they keep assuring me that it is. what a waste of money to keep calling me and following up on nothing
alanranch
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-05 09:31
You got that right. Globe Sucks big time. I really dont know why we have providers like Globe.

- WAp sites blocked (at least open gateway so we can surf and they can charge) they just blocked it. During the 1st couple of days they even denied it.
- Globe plans suck big time. how many is the biggest free sms plan. NADA...they just give you 500 free txt msgs and they dont even balnace out ur bill if ever u dont consume ur calls..txt are charged ryt away after allotted sms. its suppose to go to cals that u havent consumed. So if ur plan is 1800 and u use only 1600 worth of calls and passed the sms limit ur charged with a peso right away.

- Signal is still bad in some parts of the country

and to top it all off Customer SVC SUCKS
Even their head technician cant make my t610 work with my tungsten t. Went to globe showroom 3x to have it fixed telling me reasons that i shld get a driver for my tungsten. I did but they still werent able to fix it. Then I go to microwarehouse, in just 10 mins they wer able to fix it.

I hope someday we'll have a provider that we can all believe in.
Can't say too much abt the other providers since b4 ive been using Globe but once my contract is finished Ill say BYE BYE
nemo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-10-05 09:46
Our telecommunication industry(GSM) here in PH still monopolize by 3 players only. I just hope one day we woke up having other alternatives to choose, who is more competetive in terms of services and charges.
kieboy
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-10-06 03:53
I'm on globe. Simple lang naman ang solution nila eh. Why not charge us na lang per kb then unblock all wap sites....PERO BAT NILA MAGAWA GAWA?!?!?!? Stupid Globe!

Saan ba kasi pwede mag email ng mga complaints? I dont think yung mga CSR nila ay nagfoforaward pag dating sa WAP issues.

[ This Message was edited by: kieboy on 2003-10-06 02:54 ]
adv99576
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-06 05:29
Quote:

On 2003-10-05 05:27:02, nemo wrote:
Globe subscribers were very much disappointed when they blocked wap sites and now bumabawi sila by having free text every time you load aside from the monthly freetxt. OK na ba yun mas maganda yata e open din nila wap site. Para maramdaman din natin subscribers ang pagka 3rd placer nila as best network provider in Asia. Hindi BA? Sa sun, pagwala ka under the Sun walang signal, dapat cguro magkaroon ng araw sa loob ng mall. hehehe.

Globe & Touch Mobile ONLY HAVE FREE TEXT BASED ON CARD LOADED (effective Oct 1 2003).
NO MORE monthly free text for Globe & Touch. I hope I helped clarify. =)

Quote:

On 2003-10-05 09:46:31, nemo wrote:
Our telecommunication industry(GSM) here in PH still monopolize by 3 players only. I just hope one day we woke up having other alternatives to choose, who is more competetive in terms of services and charges.

Check out www.philippine-utilities.com.ph to know your choices... =)

[ This Message was edited by: adv99576 on 2003-10-06 04:32 ]
jomni1
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-10-06 09:24
Globe GPRS service is bad... well it's free naman so we can't complain.
I don't know about the non-free GPRS access... did not try it out that much. For me it's still quite costly to do so.

Customer service is bad.

Wala bang complains ang mga smart users?
I get some feed back that they also have poor customer service.
RaRe
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-10-06 16:38
Err... correction lang po no...."MONOPOLIZED by THREE network providers" is wrong. kaya nga MONO e...kasi isa lang, kagaya ng PLDT. MONOpolized nila dati ang telecommunications dito sa pinas kasi isa lang siyang sefvice provider. ngayon hindi na kasi may competitors na siya.
a bit of enlightenment lang po. mistakes like that should be corrected right away sa mga forum na ito...kesa mapahiya in person di ba?
jomni1
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-10-07 02:19
Maybe he used the wrong word.
He must have ment Oligopolized. As in Oligopoly = Cartel.
shishio
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-07 03:38
[quote]
On 2003-10-06 03:53:06, kieboy wrote:
I'm on globe. Simple lang naman ang solution nila eh. Why not charge us na lang per kb then unblock all wap sites....PERO BAT NILA MAGAWA GAWA?!?!?!? Stupid Globe!

Saan ba kasi pwede mag email ng mga complaints? I dont think yung mga CSR nila ay nagfoforaward pag dating sa WAP issues.

Hmmm, i think having free access is still a novelty for me cause at least i get to access email via yahoo and chat via yahoo messenger.
Of course after getting used to browse lots of other useful sites, its a downer but still its free now anyway. If the other sites are that important that you wouldnt mind charges, then why not get a smart or other sim. Dont get me wrong i totally emphatize w/u. just offering an alternative. At least this is an option. Globe is the only one offering free gprs here - though limited as i said, the accessible sites are ok for me. Regarding Globe CSR - Yeah, MOST that ive encountered are useless to talk to hehehe. There were a handful who i gained respect for though - efficient and understanding.

I think www.myglobe.com.ph has a forum that got flooded right by complaints immediately after the blocking of sites hehehe - not sure of the url but its to that form - either walang ph or meron ata.

Peace
kieboy
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-10-07 11:00
ayoko ng mag smart kasi may plan ako dati dun and under contract pa globe ko....yoko naman doble dobl ang bayad. peace

~ P910i ~
P910i Freak!
ex_crusader
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-30 06:54
more enlightenment!!! kung meron mang nangyayaring 'cartel' that's definitely between globe and smart ONLY.. kawawa naman ang mga SUN subscribers because of that cartel between them.. imagine, globe and smart can already exchange mms, sun is left behind due to this so called cartel.. also, smart and globe tried to stop extelcom in setting up a GSM network and they are successful.. now extelcom is putting up a different but better network, either CDMA2000 or WCDMA...
fonzki
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-12-30 09:54
SMART- lousy Customer Service. CSR read their replies to me.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic