Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Question About T68i Problems?

Author Question About T68i Problems?
knilob
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-09-25 17:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have been having a few problems with my "new" T68i I got from T-Mobile in the US. I trashed my previous model one night at football practice when it started raining, so I had to have T-Mobile send me out a new handset. Well, ever since I got the new handset I've been having some weird issues.

First off, I noticed that my phone seemed to restart at random times during the day. I don't know why it does this, but it just seems to need to for some reason. I never had this problem with my old handset.

I've also had problems with the phone keeping a charge. It seems like my battery has been dying faster with this new hand set. Here's an example: On Tuesday night I charged my phone up completely as it was pretty depleted from the weekend. Then last night it shut off in the middle of the night, and when I woke up this AM the "Battery Low" warning came up on screen when I powered it up. That should never happen with this phone because the battery life should be much longer than that. Keep in mind that this is with a brand new battery from Sony Ericsson because the one from my old phone died on me too.

Now here's where things get a bit strange. Ever since I got the new handset, I've had problems with it crashing on me every now and then. It almost seems like it would lock up when I would use a feature that hadn't been used before on the phone. Then on Tuesday night (same night I charged it up fully) I had a crash while I was trying to exit out of my voicemail. Well I turned my phone off by holding "NO" for about 10 seconds, and then when I went to turn it back on, the phone just got caught in an endless cycle of resetting itself. It was the craziest thing I'd ever seen. The screen would flash like it was powering up, and the just shut off immediately after. It did this for about 5 minutes before it finally got itself sorted out.

I hope someone out there can help me out with this. Just in case you are wondering, the firmware version of my new handset is the R7A release. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, so please someone help me out. I really need to know if I have to send this handset back to T-Mobile for another replacement or not. I am still within the 1-year warranty that they provide, so it won't be a problem. I just hate having to deal with problems in my gadgets.
Draqula
Sony Xperia SP
PM
Posted: 2003-09-26 12:16
I'd send it back, that's definetly not normal. I have R7A too and my T68i is ok. Upgrading to R8A might help, that's the latest firmware, I can't state for sure that it's available in the US.
slamEVIL
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-09-26 18:00
i agree with @draqula, take it back. also, the one year warranty starts with each new phone. so when they gave you this one, the warranty started all over again.
knilob
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-09-26 23:25
Are you sure about that slamEvil? That will be good if it's true. I figured that wasn't normal activity. I guess I will have T-Mobile send me out another one. It doesn't take too long to get it, and it's not like last time where I was without a phone for about a week.

On another note, I went to my local T-Mobile store to look at the T-610s. They told me it would cost about $250 to get one of those things. Why do they basically rob their existing customer base if they want to get a new phone? You can get almost any deal you want if you are just starting up service with a company, but once they hook you in they could care less. It seems like they could still give out deals on phones as long as people sign on for more years of a service agreement.
slamEVIL
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-02 19:30
that's how it worked with me @knilob. i use cingular but the warranty comes from :s: how it works with them is you just take it in and if they have any in stock, they switch it for you right there. you don't need to send it in. tmobile might be a little bit different, you might need to send it in, but the warranty part i am sure on.

operators are actually loosing money on the price of the phones. the contracts are where they make their money, which is why they are for one to two years.

here's something you can think about. if you quit your contract right now, you have to pay the $150 fee. how much are you paying a month and how many months do you have left? if it adds up to more than $150, you'll be saving money by quitting now. then you can just start a new contract with your brand new t610. plus, you still have your t68i (which is new or fixed because of the warranty) which you can keep and still use or sell on ebay!
vinnieza
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-02 20:29
i had the same problem with mine where it keeps restarting, it was a real pain because i had a pin and it just stayed on enter pin anyway i sent it back to be repaired and i think it was a software problem, but i can't tell you whether the repair worked because i haven't had my phone back yet because i had to send it out again after they trapped a hair under the screen and today when i went to get it it didn't come with the battery great . But Saturday i'll be going to get it
* No questions asked *
slamEVIL
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-03 01:40
oh my gosh @vinnieza that sucks! so how long have you been without your phone?
vinnieza
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-03 08:42
more than a month now, 2 weeks for repair, 3 weeks for the hair and haven't had the battery back yet, they said it'll probably come in on saturday, so 5 weeks so far.
That's longer then i had my phone, i took it back on the 30th day of having it, it would have been earlier but i was on holiday for 3 weeks.
* No questions asked *
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2003-10-03 15:51
When using wap the batt drains really quick ive noticed, its no good when u have free wap btw

This message was posted from a T68i

Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-03 16:23
Charge every night and you will have no probs
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2003-10-03 16:29
Think am gunna have to Vlamm ;-) dont have that prob with my S55 it loves cruising da wap lo

Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-03 21:52
vinnieza
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-04 22:19
Yey, i finnaly got my phone back today and it looks like it's in good working order , i also noticed that there is a new feature on mms and that's now i can change the colour of text and backgrounds, i even asked how you could do that before aswell, what luck it's something i wanted my T68i to do, but i thought my phone had R6 firmware when it went out and it still does but something must have been upgraded. It seems to have a better reception now. Where can i find out where the types of things on firmware versons e.g what else is on the R6A012? thanks
* No questions asked *
Paranoid
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-10-04 23:42
Miss uk... Well when you use the wap, you en make an call and that takes a lot of batt and that is why i love my free GPRS... :-D

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi