Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > 256mb

Author 256mb
arfster
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-09-25 15:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well, fairly obviously that's not going to work. You put a MS pro in an adaptor designed to take normal MS and convert them into MS duo? Sheesh, hardly a surprise.

Incidentally, brando still say they haven't tried the 256mb yet.
blue8300
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-09-25 15:25
They said the opposite to me yesterday !! I did mail them twice about this...
__spc__
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-09-25 15:30
Quote:

On 2003-09-25 15:21:27, arfster wrote:
Well, fairly obviously that's not going to work. You put a MS pro in an adaptor designed to take normal MS and convert them into MS duo? Sheesh, hardly a surprise.

Incidentally, brando still say they haven't tried the 256mb yet.

Sorry - you're wrong. The jacket in an adaptor only in the sense that it simply relays the contacts of the P800's internal MSDuo slot to the jacket, which has a slot big enough to accomodate a regualr MS, that's all.

Thus, if this experiment doesn't work, then the P800 doesn't take Pro - this is not beacause a jacket was used.

Again I say, it's the Pro architecture that's the problem.
This message was NOT posted from my P800 that I no longer have
neilbcool
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-09-25 15:56
I just think its the firmware issue that can be addressed to read the new type of memory, has anyone tried the memory with version R2F? If that still doesnt work i think that we will somehow be able to get a newer firmware version still that will support it, if they can support the newer MS Duo navy blue version then they should be able to support the pro duo. I hope anyway because i want more than a 128 mb card.

[ This Message was edited by: neilbcool on 2003-09-25 15:07 ]
Sage
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-09-25 19:13
AGAIN I said the LATEST one retard! Thats means March 2003 not January Uh-Duh!

http://www.sonyericsson.com/images/spgc/CWS31AFW_8654_27_0_1090.pdf

Page 11

memory

CURRENTLY up to 128 but will most likely increase

and no this is the p800 white paper not the dup so it is talking about the p800 idiot!

ALSO I SAID OFFICIAL STATEMENTS NOT EMAILS IDIOT! EMAILS CAN BE FAKED VERY VERY EASILY BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU!

SO WHAT ARE THE 5 SOURCES

Brando NO
Expansys NO
SE NO WAY IN HELL NEVER (again check the whitepaper where no limit is presented!)
P800er NO
and again for the guy on the symbian boards

"Reliable source? LOL that is a BIG laugh for a few reasons

1) No Pictures when he had the oppurntunity to do so (unlike i)

2) What makes HIM more realible than I?

3) A "corrupt" screen means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I have had 16 MB DUO with a corrupt screen!

5) And the biggest, in another thread you said that it has not been realeased anywhere yet you say that the person who bought it from SonyStyle is reliable? LOL funny stuff blue

Blue you obviously have no idea what your talking about
Why is it that everytime SE R&D posts Blue just "happens" to be offline?

What I do not understand is why all these people keep saying they tried it and are obviously lying. It seems alot of people have stocked up on 128 Duos and are afraid their value have gone down now.

LOL if the P800's work with the MSH then why not MSX???

I have tried it and it works but it seems everyone is avoiding that fact.

Like I said when I tried it I did not get a chance to write down the firmware, all i remember is seeing R2F under phone firmware while everything could be different.

By the way SE R&D is a fake, i mean its so obvious lol!"

So where are your sources blue? Huh? Tell me loser1

If the MSH works why not the MSX? Explain THAT to me!

Blue your arguement is based on NOTHING. Where did you come to this conclusion as all of the sources you stated are not official whatsoever (and i am not saying i am). Again i am not sure if it was a firmware upgrade that made the DUO Pros work on mine but it definetly works! SO THERE. FINAL POINT

blue8300
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-09-25 19:23
@ sage

learn to read!
lollll... like i said.. same text has in the old whitepaper : MS Duo will be available with more MB (not true in fact).
only difference in older whiterpaper is SE saying it will not work, in the new (partial) one they just don't talk about it... they don't say it will work !

KEEP ON DREAMING ... i knows it hurts you that we showed in public that you lied, but get over it, your life is not depending on a little bit more memory lolll
Or are you so pissed off that you ordered a lot of MS Duo Pro for nothing?

[ This Message was edited by: blue8300 on 2003-09-25 18:24 ]
Jah
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2003-09-25 19:25

@Sage

You have seen the Duo Pro 256mb working in a P800. This means it is possible; but does not neccessarily mean that SE will enable this on the existing P800s. This would be a shame as all the threads here show that P800 owners want more memory capability.

SE are you listening - make an official statement on this!
arfster
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-09-25 19:31
Actually, expansys say it will work:

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=106748&asource=P800

Of course, they may be entirely wrong - they've not received any yet to test it.

Quite where from this do you get that expansys say it won't work?
welsh uk
W900 white
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-09-25 19:41
Surely if they had tested it and are sending e-mails saying that it dosent work then they would have changed the wording on their page to say that it did not work with P800 which as yet they havent
At the end of the day there not going to take 1000 orders for these items which they have to buy in themselves only to have them all sent back this does not make good buisness sense they will have ordered all these for nothing
lulu ginzburg
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-09-25 19:46
Seems like Expansys has false information.. they are not even talking about Duo Pro but about a Duo 256mb, what don't exist, or am i wrong?

SE seems to say it will not work. That's what they told me when i did my firmware upgrade last week, and they were quite sure of it (!!!)
I asked the firm Brando, because i saw they had them in stock, and they answered me that they didn't could make it work with a P800, and that's the reason it's not for sale on the P800 part of the site....

Now if sage has saw it, and can prove us it works.. beter for me !! I ma waiting to buy new memory
Sage, do you have something to show us, that we can believe you? Because otherway, i am beginning to think it will not work...
Sage
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-09-25 20:05
cant show you anything i am afraid but i will tell you this again TO clarify

1) I saw the DUO Pros in action

2) I did not get a good look at the firmware so it could be an updated firmware that made it work.

So it did work, and if it worked with a new firmware then SE would obviously release it right? No point in not releasing it!

And no blue I have not bought ANY pro duos at this point because i have 5 128 MB duos so there is no need
blue8300
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-09-25 20:23
Ok... i asked Expansys too, their respons :

"Dear Sir

As the card hasn't yet been released on the market, we don't have the card in our possession to test with the P800.
We are only going on what the manufacturer MagicGate has told us about most common compability with MS Duo.
If it doesn't work, you will have 7 days to return it to us for a refund.

Regards

Expansys"

They seems not to be that sure either And no answer about if they are Pro or not...
geekster
W960
PM
Posted: 2003-09-26 01:47
here
are the facts.
Sage
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-09-26 05:34
@geekster thanks but we already knew this we want to know is p800 is pro compt.

and blue, again, you could have just as easily faked this as i could be telling the truth!

ah and yes

expansys cannot say that it is compt unless they are sure, because otherwise i could buy a hell of a alot of sticks and when they arrive not pay because they dont work. I wouldnt even have to return them but they would need to give me my money back. Something about false advertisment.........
blue8300
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-09-26 08:18
@Sage.... ask it yourself to Expanys !!! And you will see ! or maybe are you to afraid to be pushed with your noze against the real facts.... they are not sure of it, never tested it... brando did

They did answer me in the 10 minutes, i think a lot of people are asking the same.. it is just a standard FF answer.
I think you lead under schyzofrenia.... you think everybody lies like you. Get back in the real world.

Quote:

On 2003-09-26 01:47:44, geekster wrote:
here
are the facts.

Still no sure answer.. just telling that not all Duo are compatible with Duo Pro.
But SAGE willl sure find a complete information coming from SE where we will read that the P800 a Duo Pro compatible device is !!

[ This Message was edited by: blue8300 on 2003-09-26 07:26 ]

[ This Message was edited by: blue8300 on 2003-09-26 07:27 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic