Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > 256mb

Author 256mb
SmokinMan
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-09-24 09:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Blue, it is not that we want to believe it work? It is because some of us do have very reliable sources that HINT both MSH and MSX Duo work with P800. It is also safe to say that some of us do have logical thinking that the situation of Duo change in direction has all pointed to the fact that MSDuo Pro interface( on both MSH and MSX) will become the future interface of all Duo offered.

Explain to me Blue, what MSDuo you are supposed to use now with the White Magic gate being discontinued?

And also please explain to us here how come all of retailers that previously sell White Magic Gate now only offer MSH and MSX series Duo? Expansis, P800er, Doml, Brando(I know Brando still has some stock of the White), MemoryUK.

Do you still confused with what's the difference between MSG(White Duo) and MSH(Blue Duo). Have you visited Memorystick.com yet as I suggest. At least make sure you know what you are talking about duo before opening your mouth.
blue8300
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-09-24 09:46
Sony did stop the production of MS, and sell the patent... new stock are in production now and coming from 3 differents producers, and they will be much cheaper...

SE still CLAIM only MS Duo with a maximum of 128 will work with the P800 in the current configuration.... maybe later with new firmware but nothing has been planned till now....

HERE AGAIN ! : http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=4d2c1b4448b03cadf7f11d65d843b15c&threadid=206771
SE R&D
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-09-24 10:27
Just 2 words.... NOT WORKING

nb: we are working on a new firmware who will allow it
nb2 : the new Pxx0 (:-) no name here...) accept it but will normally standard with a Duo 32mb be delivered
SmokinMan
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-09-24 10:38
Quote:

On 2003-09-24 09:46:46, blue8300 wrote:
Sony did stop the production of MS, and sell the patent... new stock are in production now and coming from 3 differents producers, and they will be much cheaper...

Ah ha....Are you saying that Sony stop the production of MSG(White MSDuo) and sell the patent? And are you also saying that the three companies is going to produce the MSG-Series? Can you name the three companies that is going to produce the White Magic Duo?

Looki, we have an SE R&D posted here? Where are you from may I asked?
wanny1
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-09-24 10:42
@SE R&D Wheres your evidence?! We could all create a new username to pretend that we are someone else.Not that im saying your not who you are! Us esatonians need hard proof/fact.....Oh by the way Nokia are releasing a flying phone tommorrow with a microwave update planned for the near future (friday)
Sage
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-09-24 18:34
Reliable source? LOL that is a BIG laugh for a few reasons

1) No Pictures when he had the oppurntunity to do so (unlike i)

2) What makes HIM more realible than I?

3) A "corrupt" screen means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I have had 16 MB DUO with a corrupt screen!

5) And the biggest, in another thread you said that it has not been realeased anywhere yet you say that the person who bought it from SonyStyle is reliable? LOL funny stuff blue

Blue you obviously have no idea what your talking about
Why is it that everytime SE R&D posts Blue just "happens" to be offline?

What I do not understand is why all these people keep saying they tried it and are obviously lying. It seems alot of people have stocked up on 128 Duos and are afraid their value have gone down now.

LOL if the P800's work with the MSH then why not MSX???

I have tried it and it works but it seems everyone is avoiding that fact.

Like I said when I tried it I did not get a chance to write down the firmware, all i remember is seeing R2F under phone firmware while everything could be different.

By the way SE R&D is a fake, i mean its so obvious lol!
blue8300
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-09-24 18:54
Brando did tried it and it DIDN'T work....

Still no clue why? maybe because they are not compatible, just like SE itself is saying all the time.
Keep on dreaming.....

Someone did contacted Sonystyle U.S. just yesterday, their answer was: MS Pro Duo is NOT backward compatible with your phone (P800). He asked for their opnion on trying to format the stick with a PC as someone suggested but they said it won't help any.
Sage
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-09-24 20:17
When did SE say that?

huh?

whitepaper?

go check the latest edition!

KC
blue8300
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-09-24 20:36
White paper ? ok... here the latest version :
http://www.sonyericsson.com/downloads/P800_802_WP_R2C_EN.pdf
look page 42 ... MAXIMUM 128mb !!

SE claim it in all his post and email you have about this, same when you ask it to official of SE on a Sony Experience like in Paris

Brando did test it.. DON'T work...

Keep on dreaming.....
ainamrev
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-09-24 20:41
Sage said he tested a duo pro and it worked.

I myself strongly believe the p800 will not work with the Pros. [addsig]
blue8300
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-09-24 20:44
He says so... how can we be sure he don't lie...

SE, Memorystick and 3 other peoples says it don't work and even Brando who has MS Duo Pro in stock and tried it in a P800 says it didn't work at all...

Jah
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2003-09-24 20:48

I'm sure someone out there knows how many P800s are in circulation - but someone said in another forum said that Sony may made a mistake if the P800 cannot use the new Duo Pro as there are very few other products that use Duo Pro. Each P800 customer is potentially a Duo Pro customer. How many $$$$$$s lost market is that!
ainamrev
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-09-24 20:54
yeah well you got to remember technology moves on and current memory sticks couldnt surpass the 128 mark sony had no choice but to make a duo pro range and natrually they had to keep it the same as the standard pro cards. Duo Pro will become the norm (for sony at least) in the future tons of products will support it so if you look at it their gonna make a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. [addsig]
Sage
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-09-24 21:08
LOL Blue YOU FUCKING MAKE ME LAUGH!!!!!!!1

I said the LATEST one retard! Thats means March 2003 not January Uh-Duh!

http://www.sonyericsson.com/images/spgc/CWS31AFW_8654_27_0_1090.pdf

Page 11

memory

CURRENTLY up to 128 but will most likely increase

obviously blue has no response and will bring up some stupid fact i am already thinking about

DO NOT COTINUE TO BUY 128 MB STICKS. THEY WILL DROP IN PRICE SOMETIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE. DO NOT BELIEVE BLUE AND HIS MANY DIFFERENT USER NAMES!

KC
BURNED
DISSED
OOOOOOOOOH
You are the Weakest link!

Please blue you make me laugh!

[ This Message was edited by: Sage on 2003-09-24 20:32 ]
Sage
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-09-24 21:45
More Proof

http://www.memorystick.com/en/ms/features5.html

In ADDTION to serial transfer, Memory Stick PRO media supports parallel transfer to enable simultaneous transmission/reception of multiple data. In the parallel mode, data is transferred at speeds up to 160Mbps (theoretical value), making it possible to record DVD-quality moving images in real time*. With this high speed, Memory Stick PRO media also supports the advanced solutions that will be brought about in the coming broadband era.

* When Memory Stick PRO media is used in a product that supports parallel transfer.

Memory Stick PRO media is compatible with BOTH serial and parallel interfaces. Upon detection of the type of interface of the compatible host unit, the media automatically changes its transfer mode.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic