Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Tips and tricks > T68i signal strength

Previous  12
Author T68i signal strength
fannypad
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-02-16 02:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yep, had the same thing for ages with my T68i on T-Mobile UK.

Always that fucking annoying "No Access" message, and the infuriating three-beeps that greets every attempted call. No matter where I was. Basically the phone was totally useless.

However, whack a Vodafone or O2 SIM in it (both GSM900) and full signal and perfect call quality all the time.

Apparently it's due to a software problem concerning operation on the 1800MHz GSM band.
circe
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-02-17 00:01
It's messed up on the 1900 band as well, since I'm using the phone in the States. It worked great while I was in europe, but totally sucks here. Nevertheless, thanks. I'm off to the store to see if a firmware upgrade might fix the problem.... otherwise, I'll be finding me a new phone.
mwclarke
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2004-02-17 14:05
I had this happen 3 times with 3 different T68i's on Orange. Each time the tech support guy would just say its a phone fault.

I now have a T610 on Ornage, as i was due for a free yearly upgrade. When I went to do this (in the Ornage shop in Edinburgh) there was a guy in there complaining that his T68i was doing the very same thing.

The orange assistant then said that Orange are aware of the problem!! But there is nothing they can do, as its a phone fault from SE. They say SE are aware as well, and that Orange almost terminated their contract with SE over this problem, as they didnt seem to want to acknowledge any problem!!

Thing is, I think it may well be an Orange problem, when they put their software on the phone. Ive had my T610 now for a few months, and the "No access" screen has appeared once! It only lasted for about 2 minutes (I had gone for 15 minutes on my T68i), but even so, this shouldnt happen! Ive havent reported it to Orange, but if it happens again, I will.

[ This Message was edited by: mwclarke on 2004-02-17 13:10 ]
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2004-03-06 16:26
My brother had this exact same problem and narrowed it down to a faulty car kit putting out too much voltage
hoffes
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-03-28 16:03
I had the same problems with the T68i as mentioned above (3 beeps and connection drops).
1.) Had my handset replaced - no use.
2.) After the guy at the T-Mobile store exchanged my SIM card with a new one the problem was gone for 3 weeks. Then it came back.
3.) I thought this has to do with the SIM card again. I put a small piece of cardbord (~3 mm thick) on the SIM and put the battery back in. This clearly presses the SIM tighter onto the metal contacts of the phone. Since then I haven't had the problem again but it comes back if I take the cardbord back out. Hope this helps, hoffes-

[ This Message was edited by: hoffes on 2004-05-13 01:47 ]
alexlt
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2005-12-12 19:29
Quote:

On 2003-09-20 13:51:29, homer1309 wrote:
i have a t68i which has been replaced four times so far through orange's insurance all for the same problem. the signal strength when i go to make calls dissapears and i get three beeps in my ear. im lucky if one in ten calls connect.....help. is's so frustrating. surely i cant of had four phones from orange all with the same problem, am i that unlucky?
if i put another orange sim into the phone that gets the same problem and when i put my sim into another orange phone then that will connect all day long.
sometimes i will get the words no access in the screen other times a symbol that looks like a cassette with a cross over it.
i have had a T68i now for nearly two years and never till recently had any problems. will eventuall upgrade to the t610. however that wont/cant be till january.
orange keep sending the problem to tech support which takes forever only to come back with the answer that i need a phone replacement....deeeeeeee. problem is they all seem to do the same thing...
has anyone else suffered as i am or could it possibly be something else.

all suggestions gratefully received.

I have exactly the same problem now. After two years has someone found the solution to this problem?? Thanks in advanced
Xperia Arc LT15a ->> Sandisk 32Gb MicroSD Class 4, Sennheiser CX400-II & MW600
C905 ->> Modded R1FA035 Firmware, 8GB M2, HPM-70 & MPS-75

Visit my blog http://laviedepaulo.blogspot.com/
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi