Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > USA T-Mobile customers with T610, please have your voice heard!

Previous  12
Author USA T-Mobile customers with T610, please have your voice heard!
sking1547
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-09-10 03:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
With all due respect dont accept any locked phones from your service provider only original se products in the se box.

This message was posted from a T68i

rhenzhen
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-09-10 04:40
I don't give a $hit about GPRS indicator logo...All the I care is it works fine and it pleasedme... You must be glad that T-Mobile now offer $9.99 for their unlimited GPRS(T-zone) which is really cheap compare to other provider like Cingular...if you can't stand it switch to other provider...
GTakacs
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-09-10 04:45
With all due respect, I don't know of ANY provider that would give you a free or seriously discounted phone without locking it to their network. And as far as T-mobile goes, getting the subsidy lock released only takes an e-mail and they send you the unlock code as long as you are a customer in good standing so it is no biggie. Most providers either won't even release the subsidy lock or will charge you extra for it.

I can also understand why they want to customize their phones, most of their customers are not power users and probably have no idea what GPRS is, all they know (even if that) that they got "T-zones" and they probably have no clue what the difference is between a wap profile or a data profile let alone setting up gateway IPs and the like. It is just much easier that all the phones come with the same settings and are locked so people can't mess them up.

Unfortunately T-Mobile went a bit too far with their customizing and locking/disabling of features on the T610. That is my only gripe, I still think T-Mobile is the best provider in the US by far.

rhenzhen,

what's with all the hatred dude! I wasn't the one dissing T-mobile, I'm just disappointed that they messed up on the firmware customization of the T610. I've been with T-Mobile for over 2 years and I have no intention of leaving them. Read my post above.

You need to chill and get a reality check before start posting all this trash!

[ This Message was edited by: GTakacs on 2003-09-10 03:51 ]
rhenzhen
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-09-10 05:22
Sorry, My bad... Im just sick and tired about people complaining about GPRS indicator Logo... The most important thing here is it works fine...I have unlimited GPRS(t-zone) and never let me down...

Just upgrade your phone to remove all the predefined-programs(T-mobile related) that was installed on your T610.... I upgraded mine to R1L and I love it! Goodluck!

[ This Message was edited by: rhenzhen on 2003-09-10 04:23 ]

[ This Message was edited by: rhenzhen on 2003-09-10 04:24 ]
slamEVIL
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-09-10 05:32
Quote:

On 2003-09-10 04:40:37, rhenzhen wrote:
I don't give a $hit about GPRS indicator logo...All the I care is it works fine and it pleasedme... You must be glad that T-Mobile now offer $9.99 for their unlimited GPRS(T-zone) which is really cheap compare to other provider like Cingular...if you can't stand it switch to other provider...

i've had $9.99 gprs with cingular for just about a year now. and the logo is nice. it lets you know right away if gprs is available or not. just remember- you get what you pay for.
rhenzhen
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-09-10 05:46
@ Gtacks
Come to NY and you'll find a free phones with a year contract from Cingular and T-Mobile...I have a friend and 2 co-workers who has a t616 from Cingular that got it FREE, with a year contract and it's unlocked!... I got mine FREE from T-mobile with a year contract and now it's unlocked (emailed t-mobile after 2 weeks) also upgraded to R1L...

[ This Message was edited by: rhenzhen on 2003-09-10 04:47 ]
GTakacs
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-09-10 05:54
Well to make it clear, the GPRS icon being blocked has NOTHING to do with T-mobile and their service! It has everything to do with someone making a mistake in a setting for the data connection preferred connection in the phone settings in the customization firmware and then blocking the feature of changing it.

If you think Cingular is better than T-mobile so be it. Cingular is still on lame @$$ TDMA where I live so don't tell that they are better. NOBODY has better GSM coverage in the US than T-mobile at the moment. AT&T will have matching coverage once the roaming situation is all cleared up between them and finally brought up to speed. If you think the Cingular is better because their phone does not block the GPRS icon (T-mobile probably didn't intend to block it either, it seems to be more of a mistake than on purpose) yet their coverage is much smaller than T-mobile, then good for you and I applaud you for such ignorance.

I am the original poster of this thread and it was not intended to become a "T-mobile sucks, all others are better" thread as we clearly know that T-mobile IS the MAJOR GSM provider in the US and not the others.

Having said all that, the GPRS service is not perfect there are a ton of misconfigured towers where I live where GPRS shows up active but unavailable and I can tie it to individual towers. Well not any more since I no longer have my indicator. But once I get the generic SE firmware it'll be all for the better.

Oh and while you're so happy with Cingular or AT&T for that matter, try to get them to send you a subsidy unlock code free of charge for any of their customized and locked phones! I hate to rub it in, but T-mobile is the best provider for the cheapest price. If you can show me another provider that allows you to tak 300 minutes any time, unlimited weekend minutes, all with free long distance and free roaming, allows you to send 300 SMS messages for free (even international SMS that actually WORKS to most countries) gives you 1MB GPRS data that can be used for anything (including POP e-mail, wap or MMS, no charge per MMS message) for $29.99 a month, has a larger coverage than T-mobile lets you roam to Europe for $1 a minute and call Europe for $0.59 a minute I'll switch over right now.

rhenzen, you mean you got your T610 for free from T-mobile by only EXTENDING your current contract? I don't think so! I got the phone for $250 by extending my contract from November to August. I think that is a pretty good deal. I guess you guys get better deals in NY. And we all know that T-mobile is pretty good about unlocking their phones free of charge (I already posted that fact, I had them unlock 4 phones for me already) but the phone when you got it was locked originally wasn't it? And you had to sign a contract didn't you? There is no such thing as free lunch as that guy tried to portray it that T-mobile is evil and we should never accept customized phones that are subsidy locked. You're preaching to the choir.

I think we can consider this thread solved all we need now is T-mobile T610 owners to call T-mobile and gripe about the gprs indicator so they would get off their butt and fix it.

[ This Message was edited by: GTakacs on 2003-09-10 05:01 ]
lmfboy01
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-09-10 06:51
good story....
markgamber
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-09-10 14:17
Sick of hearing about the gprs indicator already? There's only going to be another BILLION people asking about it, so get ready or don't check new messages.

In reality, as a developer, that steaming pile of crap SE dares to call "java" irks me a whole lot more than a basically useless icon. But I doubt SE could care less about what I think so no point in going into that.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi