Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Themes, ringtones, screensavers, games, video clips > File type help?

Previous  12
Author File type help?
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-08-26 12:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
You're unlikely to find a filetype for those files as they're not really Mac files, so Apple won't have designated a filetype for them.

However, try BINA which is the generic filetype for a binary file, or just TEXT, and hopefully the software you're using to transfer the files will strip this info anyway, because the phone can't use it.

Also, try dragging the sender application to File Buddy, to see what filetypes it accepts.

BOSSHOGG
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-08-26 13:53
Text is the default they already have, but they don't send like that. Tried BINA, no luck. I have actually used file mapping to assign Mactar to .mpn files, it made them PREF and they sent really slowly to games, but when I opened it said restart game, perhaps the game files are messed up?
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-08-26 14:47
How about changing them to JPEG (even though they're not) but leave the filename extension as is? The transfer software will accept it as being a valid file and the phone will still know what to do with the file by its extension.
BOSSHOGG
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-08-26 15:06
Tried that alreeady, no luck. But i'm sorted now, i just file mapped .thm .imy .mpn to mactar, this makes them APPL and TAR in file buddy, imys, games and themes in to the correct places, its only games that want restarts and take 10 mins to send, but i can do without those. Thanks for all the help.

www.xgryde.dk/wap.wml and www.xgryde.dk solved my mophun problems. Have a look at upload, then arkiv.

This message was posted from a T300

[ This Message was edited by: BOSSHOGG on 2003-08-26 19:05 ]

burmistrz
Xperia Active
PM
Posted: 2003-08-26 23:02
@BOSSHOGG
I have some themes with "ogle" as creator and "GIFf" as file type, but named "title.thm" and those works on my t68i. Imy melodies are just "TEXT" as file type and "ttxt" as creator and name is as simple as"title.imy". You may try it. Good luck
BOSSHOGG
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-08-26 23:10
Yeah burm, all my .imy files are TEXT and ttxt, but the t300 won't ackowledge them. They work when mactar is assigned to them though, I'll give the oogle and GIFf a try on themes, though I ain't got any space right now due to my new mophun games. Thanks again.
burmistrz
Xperia Active
PM
Posted: 2003-08-26 23:23
All right then.
IŽll be in touch.
Bye now.
BOSSHOGG
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-10-10 14:42
Ok, back to themes. I've extracted classical using mactar, changed the gif in it keeping the same name. Then created another archive, but since it all has to be in a folder, the folder name appears in the file, so i can't open it when sent to the phone. Can someone tell me exactly what to do with the 3 files and mactar?

This message was posted from a T300

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi