Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Tips and tricks > TIP: remove T610 vodafone pictures

Previous  1234  Next
Author TIP: remove T610 vodafone pictures
M-Jay
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-09-20 21:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@Taboo

Strange I have a vodafone branded R1L also... and it worked for me. Uhhh only the way that majto explained worjked for me.

Greetz,
M-Jay

http://t-six-ten.no-ip.biz
taboo
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2003-09-22 10:52
i did both...but still no...

maybe i have to do it again...
jevel
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-09-23 02:24
When the T610 opens pictures, it needs memory to show them on screen. If you do a master reset, all the temporary data will be deleted, and the phone will have to read the files again before displaying them. When it runs out of memory, all remaining pics will be corrupted(!). So if you fill it up after the reset, and then enter "My Pictures", all pictures should be corrupted and easily removed.

-KJ
-As if!

http://www.fellowship.no
Craig to the B
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-09-24 02:12
does this work for Orange T610 mobile phones? can anyone confirm this? if so which method did u use? the one one page 1 or page 2?
firegimp
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-09-24 09:39
Craig to the B

I have tried the above and it didn't seam to work. Although I most probably did it wrong.

I hope someone else has managed the above.
Craig to the B
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-09-24 11:18
Right Guys I managed to get this to work first time around. Here is my own method of creating this.

Before doing this make sure u back up all important information and save your phone book

1. I did a Master Reset on the phone

2. Make sure that Wallpaper, Startup picture, Screensaver and Auto Key lock are all disabled (turned off)

3. Create a text file in Notepad and fill it with a few characters\lines of text. I did this until the size of the file was about 300k. I then renamed the file to: "theme.thm" I made several duplicates of this file but renamed them differently.

4. Using BT / IR or your data cable copy the "theme.thm" files across to your phone. You must do this until your phones memory is full. You can check your phone memory by going to [Entertainment]-->[Games & More]-->then click mroe and choose memory status to get your reading.

5. Once the phone memory is full u wont be able to send anything else across. To verify that the phone memory is full try and create a phone book entry...if all has worked you WILL NOT be able to do this....Next do the following:

6. Go to [settings] and then choose [display] to bring up the display menu. You then need to choose [Wallpaper] and then click [Set picture]. You will not be able to view the pictures as there is no free menu to create the thumnails. You will just see an hour glass.

7. On the individual hour glasses (where the picture preview should be) you need to click [select] you should then receive a message that says something like "can not preview picture do you want to delete?" just choose yes for this. You will need to do this for all of the pictures

8. A quick tip....as you begin to delete the pictures memory will be freed up and therfore you may get the odd picture that gives u a preview thumbnail.....I did step 7 really quick and managed to delete all except for 1.

I now have 1572KB of free memory!!

I am on Orange network and this procedure worked the quickest for me.

Craig to the b
Osmium
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-09-24 11:45
Craig to the B:
If you want to remove all pictures wait until the thumbnails turn from an hourglas to an X.
This meens that the phone no longer is trying to create a thumbnail for that image and you can delete them all nice and easy.

Note that on Live-phones the Animation, rose and (some other picture I can't remember the name of) will remain as an hourglas no matter how long you wait.
Craig to the B
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-09-24 17:59
thanks.....im happy, i deleted all pics except the rose which hardly takes up any space.
kid11
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-09-30 21:02
Please could someone upload the blank theme file somewhere so that people without cables can use it for this process.
Subsequently, is it absolutely necessary to have a blank theme? What would happen if you didn't?
With regards to filling up the phone memory... you can take lots of pictures and then fill up the last remaining space by recording sounds on the phone. This can be done until 0 bytes is free.
So, anyone?
Thanks

~11~
Craig to the B
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-09-30 22:37
@ Kidd 11

Q. ""Please could someone upload the blank theme file somewhere so that people without cables can use it for this process?""

A. It could be done, but it is best to create this ur self using the methods talked about already. If you havnt got a data cable or bluetooth I suggest u invest...its well worth the money and besides you will want to back up your phones data!

Q. ""Subsequently, is it absolutely necessary to have a blank theme? What would happen if you didn't? ""

A. No not really, I guess you could fill up the memory using a large midi file. You could rename any file that is quite large and send it to your phone. But to keep things simple just rename it as a ".thm" file! Dont use ready created themes, besides they are two small and you would have to send too many to fulfil your phones memory. I created a blank text file and filled it with text until it reached 300K in size. I then copied this file numerous times until it filled the memory up.

Q. ""With regards to filling up the phone memory... you can take lots of pictures and then fill up the last remaining space by recording sounds on the phone. This can be done until 0 bytes is free.""

A. Yes this is true..but it also defeats the whole object, its the pictures that you are wanting to delete so dont fill them up! Its quite logical really. Just follow the guidelines as they have been tested and they do work.

Craig to the B

chanelle
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-10-08 14:23
i was just wondering if i do this master reset back to factory settings.... is that going to delete the recent software upgrade i just received? i dont want to mess with it if its going to delete that to....
does anyone know
thanks Chanelle
chunder_boy
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-10-10 13:23
No the master reset will not remove the software update

Later homes
gazza_mum
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-10-11 01:36
i'm gonna try it soon but i would have to back up the ringtones wouldn't i ? and the phone book? would luv to get rid of those silly cheesy pics (what the hell are they about?)
rudeboymcc
W960
PM
Posted: 2003-10-12 21:13
hi. i'm trying to do this, but the hourglasses won't change!. i filled it up until i couldn't send a 1byte file, and then went to "my pictures" and there was a really annoying message which kept coming up saying : "memory full. delete one or more items in a category of your choice", and then it takes me to a list of all the categories (themese, pics, sounds) and when i exit it just comes up again. i've waited for half an hour but the hourglasses don't change to crosses. anyone??

EDIT:, k i don't know what's happenning but there was someone before who was excited because he had 1500kb free. i have 2142kb free!!!

all i did was master reset, save the default theme from theme creator, put it on the phone and load it, turn off screensave, wallpaper, and autokeylock. upload theme creater.exe (as .thm) to the phone (filled up more than half), than just a big notepad file, went to my pictures and everything was hourglass and wouldn't chnaged to crosses. so i started deleteing all the stuff i put on. when i went to my pictures, the only predefined items i have are rose, flower and animation (<-- that's what i didn't want!). in sounds, the only one was ibiza party,and in themes only the vodafone theme. it seems the phone only managed to put the stuff it was using (ibiza party is the defualt ringtone).

this is very similar to the 13sec trick except i didn't take out any battery or anything.

anohter thing that came across my mind, t610 has 2mb memory right? 1mb=1024kb. therefore 2mb=2048kb. how can i have more than that??

[ This Message was edited by: rudeboymcc on 2003-10-12 20:23 ]
Osmium
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-10-12 21:21
I can take a while for the hourglas to change.
Try moving around between the pictures. Not opening them but just marking. It helped me.
And yes that message IS annoying.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi