Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > My SE T39i :)

Author My SE T39i :)
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-07 03:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Thanks

Just added 3 pda wallpapers in the gallery.

And theres gonna be some more phones soon too

Jan
russtproof
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 09:17
cool.. can't wait to see the fones!!
TeleSaint
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 11:02
Well, I must say Jan very impressive, BUT (there is always a butt).

In my oppinion the T39 "housing" was designed WITH the antenna in mind. When you just remove the antenna, you remove something that complete's the phone. Now I didn't like the BIG antenna very much when I had the T39, but it "made" the phone. I tried removing the antenna on mine, but it just didn't look right.

1 design:
At first, I thought it looked like my Rose White T39 without the antenna and I didn't like it at all. But it has some nice design elements in it. The top half of the phone looks very neat. But someting makes it look, off. After comparing the two designs, I liked the first one better.

2 design:
I first thought THIS was the best og the two, but when I have the phones next to each other on the monitor, it looks fat (yes FAT) because og the wider rims on each side of the screen AND It looks WAY too much like the P800 (Mustang, hehe) and too little has changed on the "flip". This breaks up the symetry of the whole phone. It looks like a T39 without the antenna. It looks like you have "copy&pasted" the tophalf of the P800 into the T39m.

Suggestions:

Take the tophalf of the first design with the smaller white edges on the housing, BUT use the bigger screen from the second design.

Well hell, I'm not going to tell you what you need to do. You have done great work so far.... But after I started writing this post, I opened up Photoshop and made some alterations myself. Now I'm CRAP at using this software (I've been using it for two weeks) but I kida like my "version" better.... Anybody want to host it?
Epedemic
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 11:06
yeah flip phones look better with an antenna...
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-07 13:58
Telesaint & epe :

I know what you mean. And IF I should design the phone, without having to think about SE's design styles/curves and so on,..it would have looked different.
BUT the whole idea of doing these designs,..are to get the phones to "look like" a realistic SonyEricsson model (a model they "could" do),...and not just my personal design-style/ideas.
Its supposed to look like their design,...and to be "reconized" easily as a SE-model.

The new SE-style is kinda box-design/very square,..e.g. P-800 and Z-700. Very clean cut lines and colors.
The only new one not being like that is T68i,..but thats only because its a T68m.

I seems to me, that SE will do phones in that design-style in the future. I'm not to sure if we'll see much of the beautiful curves from T68i, in future designs,..I think they'll be more "boxy".
But thats only my thoughts,..not necessarily what I hope for

I dont especially like phones, if they become too similar,..there should be different design-lines, even within the same company.
Of course,..one of the most important things in design,..is that people should easily reconize the product,..and say : ahh, of course its a xx brand.
But still, its possible to do different design-styles and at the same time make them similar/reconizable.

Yes, the T-39 was meant to have an antenna,..and it looks good with the antenna, because it was designed with that in mind.
Another thing is,..if you had never seen an original Ericsson T-39, meaning You wouldnt have anything to compare it with, it would have "looked" a lot different (first impression)

Jan

rdlc
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 14:21
Uve got some talent there send them back to SE and see what they say
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-07 17:56
KRISTAGA > Theres a R520 wallpaper now (goto page 2 in my gallery)

rdlc > Thanks I do design stuff already (the Bluespoon headset).

It would of course be really nice, if SE had an available "designer-job".
I did speak with their design-center last year,..but the timing wasnt that good,..they were in the middle of the merging with Sony, and I guess they were pretty stressed out at the time

Did think about having another go at it

Jan

kristaga
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-07 22:05
Thanks Jan, but I have to admit that I like the T66-beige and the T68i wallpapers better because of the look of the girls' faces, and that the phone itself is bigger.

But thanks for the effort anyway, I suppose that it isn't easy to make these images. I could not have done it.

K.A.

sasha
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 22:21
I was really thinking about buying a t68 to retire my current t39 and what made my decision "not to" final at the store - was the "girlish" looks that t68 has. No offence to anybody, but I couldn't think of a guy with that phone. The one I played with was gold (may be grey is better). I personally think that the business-like look of t28 and t39 is the best form-factor invented for a cell phone to date. If they only could build that huge color display from t68 into it... Thanks, Jan! Keep up the great work! I liked the t39i, it definitely does lack an external antenna, though

[ This Message was edited by: sasha on 2002-05-24 20:25 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi