Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Summary of SonyEricsson Software for T610/T68i series

Previous  123 ... 151617 ... 192021  Next
Author Summary of SonyEricsson Software for T610/T68i series
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-09-25 07:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
no, no! Don't go back to nokia!

I suggest you use XTNDconnect instead of PBTM. Less headaches.

Check the first page of this thread for URLs and links about this app.
barsa01
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-09-30 02:08
This is my experience with the T610 and the latest Sony Comms Suite and XTNDPC.
Software:
After coming from a Nokia/ PC Sync history, I have been very disapointed with the SE software functionality. It is really very basic and doesnt have 1 tenth the functionality or sophistication of the Nokia PC software suite. Still, looking at the basic function of contact and calender sync. I found the update granularity and report detail to high level with not enough granular choice to accept or reject dupes, deleted entries etc on an individual basis. I also found the filtering function inconsistent, even allowing for 1st start full sync confusion by the software every now and then. Phone monitor is also very basis and doesnt allow an data editing.
Communications:
I use the phone sync with a Toshiba 4200 S98SE laptop. All drivers are fully up to date. Initially I tried the BlueTooth Sync with a Billionton USB dongle. Whilst the BT dongle worked well in recognising and pairing with the phone, the SE comms suite/XTNDPC software just could not get it right. A had a few flashes of success, but in the end, it always ended up breaking. After 2 weeks/100 man hours and trying every angle possible, I gave up on BT. I tried the IR port which always worked a treat with my Nokia. The T610 has the weakest IR signal I have ever seen. The comms connection is so unreliable, I did not even get off first base. I tried to see if phone monitor/XTNDPC would detect my phone. No luck. This was worst than BT. At least BT paired with my phone even if phone monitor couldnt find it. I tried the new SE IR modem scripts, but this also proved fruitless. Eventually after must time and expense, I bit the bullet and bought a pricey data cable. Halleluiah! At least this works, though it took some time for the software to realise the phone was connected. Phone monitor took ages to decide my phone was connected even though W98SE found it straight away.
WXP Compaq Presario 6627. I tried the BT on XP and got exactly the same problems as my W98SE laptop. BT was fine, SECS and XNTDPC couldnt find my phone. I have no IR on this unit and havent tried the data cable yet, but I expect the DC to work fine.
Now that I can sync with my Outlook, I can only dream about when SE will catch up to the functionality of Nokia in phone-PC syncronisation software. If there is anything else out there that works with the T610 and is better, please let me know. I think the P800 functionality is more suited to the phone/pda functionality I want, however, I would not trade up simply because the PC software (uses the same PC SW) just does not cut it.
BT
I bought the T610 phone mainly for BT syncing and its large screen/small size ration to enable reasonable contact/calendar reading on the generous screen. The BT was going to help me with syncing whilst on the road (no directional problems/lost connections as with IR) and for a wireless handsfree in the car (no cables to get stuck around the gearstick). So far, the BT pc syncing has been a disaster and from what I have read on this site and after speaking with SE salespeople, the satisfaction rate of BT headsets has been low (lots of returns). All except for the top of the line model (A$399) which is almost as much as the phone cost me.

If anyone has had more success than I using the T610 as a serious business tool and not a glorified gameboy with a camera, please let me know.
aseancat
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-10-03 04:59
Don't know if someone had post this problem. but don't know where to start looking for solution.

I have a T610 and trying to get it to connect through BT with my desktop. My desktop can't find the Phone and T610 can't connect to my desktop. Desktop search says "no devices found" T610 error says "Bluetooth connection failed"

What seems to be the problem? Anybody, HELP!!! Thanks [addsig]
thorsander
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-15 12:34
I Can't install the Mobile Phone Monitor (mentioned earlier in this tread).

I get the information:
An I/O error occurred while installing a file. This is normally caused by bad installation media or a currupt installation file...

...anyone...
...where can I find another version of Mobile Phone Monitor?
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-18 10:06
Quote:
Update July 1, 2003

I'm not sure if this is the right part of the forum, but I found the latest PBTM on the SE website: http://www.sonyericsson.com/downloads/FullFunctionalityNonOutlook_R4A_english.exe?traceClick=yes

I suspect it is only good for T39m (which I still love but I want to move on to my T610 and some how copy the whole phone book over).

PS. Great website, but it does take a while to find good facts inbetween the chitchat!
skulleruk
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-10-18 20:16
hi is there anyway 2 download images from a t300 2 pc usin a cable? what software will i need? where can i get it?

cheers 4 any help
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-19 15:09
i never had a problem with syncing XTND Connect using BT. i use Anycom BT card.
dmarinov
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-10-20 00:59
Well I've read enough. I have a Sony Ericsson T68i , Win XP Pro, XTND Connect from Sony Ericsson web site and both IRDA and Bluetooth on my Notebook everything is working excellent. I am able to make a full sync with Outlook.

For those of you who want a full control over the Handy there is a programe called "Mobile Navigator" http://www.muxe.com
sonusingh27
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-01 22:06
what is the latest firmware for the t68i? & what is the diference from the R2e version?
panlek
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-01 22:08
Nice!;-)

This message was posted from a T310

t610_software
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-12-09 21:31
Saanlo Mobile Phonebook Manager helps to manage Mobile Phonebook. This software is compatible across most mobiles. Just connect the mobile phone to your PC and do away with the hassle of maintaining the Phonebook and sending SMS.

This software can
1. Download and save your Mobile Phonebook on the Computer.
2. Put an end to the time consuming and tedious task of entering all contact details in your new Mobile phone.
3. This software enables you to copy Phonebook from one Mobile to another Mobile irrespective of their make.
4. Change SIMs and just copy the phone numbers using the software.
5. Many more

Have a look at the screenshot
Visit http://www.saanlo.com/features.htm#screenshots

alex_ng_003
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-23 09:57
@ skulleruk

u can send files to your t610 with da data cable jsut download "sendfile" and plug tha fone into the cable and open up sendfile wait 15 seconds 4 it 2 load up and select da fiel u want n send!
Alex Ng
alex_ng_003@optusnet.com.au
alex_termin8s@hotmail.com
SEND MMS OR WAT EVA U WANT TO +61412951386
Jopz
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-01-08 18:34
I used to have a t68i and had some software which allowed me to send SMS messages straight from Outlook, with the t68i connected through bluetooth. Reading some older posts this Outlook plug-in seemed to belong to the XTND connect software. Now I haev a T610, with the latest XTND Connect installed, but I can't find the Outlook plug-in anywhere! Can anyone help me out?

Thanx, Jopz
mange69
Samsung Galaxy S III
PM
Posted: 2004-01-17 20:33
Have anyone a good replacement software for XTND Connect concerning syncronisation T610 and MS Outlook?
Silvetisson
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2004-01-23 14:31
Hi I canīt sync my calendar whit Outlook!!!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 151617 ... 192021  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic