Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Connected but cant see phone

Previous  12
Author Connected but cant see phone
psikey
W960
PM
Posted: 2003-08-04 13:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have connection issues sometimes & went through all the XP reinstallation trials but tend to find two solutions work for me.

One
If you put the P800 in the docking cradle & you only get the sign wave icon but not the blue P800 icon in the task bar, take P800 out of cradle then put it straight back in.
Two
Twist the P800 slightly left/right in the cradle (no excessive force!) until power light stays constant.

I find the connection in the cradle is sometimes not so good and even the power mode light on the cradle & the constant charging 'green' on the P800 do not come on.
Mebs
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-08-07 22:54
I may have a potential solution to this irritating problem.

Try disabling your Internet Security and your phone should connect as per usual. Mine did and I am pleased with it. However, why has this changed as before I used to have Internet Security running without any problems.

I have raised this SE and await my reply. Should I hold my breath for the reply???
pelizzoli
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-08-10 23:44
Hi! i have Windows 2000 Pro and have the same prob. from time to time. Have hade the phone from dec 02.
jfegan
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-08-13 21:10
After an other 1 hour phone call to SE they admitted defeat the chap I spoke to tried every thing but no luck. Before I formatted the hard drive I decided to remove programs one by one and guess what I found..... a program called Steganos Security Suite was causing the problem even though it was disabled. When I removed it hey presto phone recognized small icon, synchronized no prob , backup no prob but.........when I click on My P800 it shows not connected. This would try the patience of a Saint anybody got any ideas????
prgg
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-08-13 21:29
Are any of you chaps running Norton Antivirus or Nroton Firewall ?

PG
jfegan
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-08-13 22:23
No Norton. Its so frustrating I am so close now.
freeloader
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2003-08-13 22:58
Forget about connectivity with xp,SE sucks bigtime,not digitally signed issues etc. forget about,you will end up hating either the p800 or your pc.
naught
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-10-10 03:53
I found the solution today. DISABLE youre firewall and it should work. The firewall stops some devices from being recognised is usb ports.(Disconnect from internet first to be safe)
Doberm@n
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-10-10 06:12
Hi, I had the same problem... first all working fine, then one day suddenly my connection link tray icon told me that my phone was "connected" but the blue icon(phone) was gone(without the blue icon you can't do anything!!). I tried everything... installing again the pc suite didn't work for me... so I read in forums about the problem with Norton.. but I didn't have it so I uninstalled all my pc programs that I installed since the problem with the blue icon begins and restarted the pc, that solved my problem... the blue icon is working again. My conclusion was that it has problems/conflict with some kind of programs like norton, so if you don't know what program is making conflict, your solution could be uninstall all pc programs that u remember u installed close the date ur problem began.

[ This Message was edited by: Doberm@n on 2003-10-10 05:15 ]
RB26DETTGT_R
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-10-10 06:29
Guys.

I thought at first it may have been the phone or cradle. I was working on the problem on the phone with a SE tech, and he suggested to get the phone replaced under warranty. I did this, and received a new phone and cradle. The thing still didnt work! At first, I found that if I disconnected the usb connection and then reconnected it, then put my phone on about 5 secs later, it worked! I just recently reinstalled XP and PC suite, and now it doesnt work. This is a real pain in the ass. Also, when I could get it to work, it said the phone was disconected about 2 mins after, meaning I always rushed to transfer stuff from p800 to PC. Do you know how friggin long it took me to FINALLY install MIB2?????????!!!!!

Anyway, I have no firewall running, or antivirus, etc. Does XP have its own firewall? Is it just the internet options, under security? Mines set to medium. Hepl someon plz, I think a few ppl here are going insane over this glitch shit!
cserrano
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-10-10 09:41
Setting up the USB ports in XP is kinda tricky. Had a problem before when I was using palm but when I installed the PC suite (P800) I really did not have a problem. Make sure you have the latest Service Pack (SP) installed for your XP. Installation should really be straight forward since XP will guide you in the installation procedures.
Jah
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2003-10-11 00:15

I have found at times if BT is on I have problems with the phone being detected. Try without Bt and see what happens. Also I have found that switching the phone off than back on again also solves connection problems.
joolsca
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-10-11 08:42
If any of you have installed iMesh..uninstall it. Make sure a program called "shop at home agent" is not installed (check in the "remove programs" control panel). It interferes with Mrouter.
You may have to uninstall it a few times...it resists removal.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi