Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Bluetooth and Internet (neeed help!!)

12  Next
Author Bluetooth and Internet (neeed help!!)
Itsdudetime4100
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-07-18 18:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
If you have a bluetooth phone like the sony ericsson 610 at T-Mobile and you have a bluetooth PDA, how can you get internet on the PDA using the phone. Like would you have to buy the internet service for your tmobile phone.
wrath000
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-07-22 12:01
To use the bluetooth internet you simply need to set up your phone as a bluetooth modem on the PDA.

As for the internet account, it depends on your provider. In my case I have GPRS with normal subscription so all I had to do was enter "*99***1#" in the phone number. (This assumes your GPRS is setup first in the list on your phone. The number is in this form: *99***[CID]#).
When I want normal dial-up on the phone (GSM), I have to enter user/password/tlf for my internet subscription.

...So to sum up:
If you are going to be using GPRS, you probably don't need to buy internet service
If you are going to use GSM dial-up, you probably will need to buy internet service

[ This Message was edited by: wrath000 on 2003-08-22 16:58 ]
Green_Lion
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-08-09 19:36
I'm a having a problem.
I'm using GPRS and I can make a connection, but I'm not able to use it. I can send data, but cannot receive it.
When I make a connection appears the icon (2 monitors icon) next to the clock (on PC), but cannot open websites, only one of the monitors flash, that means that I'm sending data, but the received data monitor doesn't flash.

What's the problem?
ruff rider
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-08-09 20:01
You need to be using a GPRS 'internet' data account as opposed to the normal GPRS WAP account. You may need to contact your provider in order to activate your account for internet/data use

This message was posted from a Nokia

Green_Lion
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-08-09 20:14
I'm already using the internet account.
I'm sure that it's activated, because I already used it for webviewer.

[ This Message was edited by: Green_Lion on 2003-08-10 15:51 ]
Green_Lion
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-08-10 16:56
Please!
Anyone know the cause for that?
ruff rider
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-08-10 17:02
hmm . . are you sure it's connecting using the 'internet' data account? The phone number should be *99***n# where n is the CID of the data account

This message was posted from a Nokia

Green_Lion
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-08-10 17:11
Quote:

The phone number should be *99***n# where n is the CID of the data account

Thanks, the problem was there. I was using *99***1#, and the right number for me is *99***3#
dreamweaverkeuh
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-12-21 14:09
If you would to make a connection with Internet via GPRS.
1)Go to http://www.sonyericsson.com and click on "Global support area".
2)Give the model number of your phone. (T300 or T86i, P900 and other)
3)Go to Software> Drivers, scripts and patches.
4)Download "Sony Ericsson Dial-Up suite version 1.5.5" (or higher)
=>Users of T300/T306/T310/T312/T316> First download "Sony Ericsson Modem Scripts"
=>Download the modemscripts to make it easier to use IR (Infrared connection) on Windows XP/2000.

With "Sony Ericsson Dial-Up suite version 1.5.5" you can use the GPRS profiles from your mobile phone to make a fast internet connection possible via IR*/Bluetooth/Cable*.
Sometimes you must pay more to go online with your computer via your mobile. (i'm on Proximus with a GPRS connection on my T300 but if i connect my mobile to my computer via IR i can't download anything. i only can make the connection)

*IR would work only correct with the modem drivers.
*cable => doesn't always work
Uncle Bob
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2003-12-22 12:32
I will go under the assumption that your mobile and iPAQ are paired using bluetooth.

1. Tap "Start" in top-left of screen.
2. Tap "Settings".
3. Tap the "Connections" tab at the bottom of the screen.
4. Tap the "Connections" icon.
5. Tap the top drop-down box to make the list of connections appear.
6. Tap "Internet Settings" to select it. The box should now read 'Internet Settings'.
7. Tap the "Modify" button just below the box.
8. Tap 'new...'
9. In the top box (labelled "Enter a name for the connection") rename the connection as Internet or GPRS or whatever.
10. "Select a modem", and pick the bluetooth modem.
11. In the third box labelled "Baud Rate", tap on the arrow on the pull-down box and select "115200".
12. Go to the "Advanced" page.
13. In the field labelled "Stop Bits", tap the down arrow and select "2" Leave all the other settings as the standard settings (Data bits = 8; Parity = none; Flow Control = Hardware; the three boxes at the bottom should be left blank without ticks) Tap on "OK"
14. Click "Next" to proceed to next screen.
15. Ignore the Country Code and Area Code boxes.
16. Tap on the "Phone Number" field and enter the following number: *99#
17. Click "Next" box to proceed to the next screen page
18. Remove tick box next to "Wait for dial tone before dialling" by tapping on the tick.
19. Enter in field underneath "Extra dial-string modem commands" following. Be sure to type it exactly, including all quote marks and commas, with no spaces. You should double-check it once you've typed it in: +cgdcont=1,"ip","internet"
20. Tap "Finish" to complete setting up the connection and then'OK' in the top right-hand corner to return to the 'Connections' page.
21. From the "Connections" screen,t ap on the "Dialling Locations" tab
22. Tap on the "New" box towards the top of the screen.
23. In the "New Location name" field, enter GPRS and press the 'OK' button to return to the "Connections" screen.
24. Click on "Dialling Patterns" box at the bottom of the screen.
25. There are three boxes - tap on each box in turn and remove any text in the boxes, then enter a single letter g into all three boxes then tap on "OK" at top right corner of the screen to return to the "Connections" screen
26. Start from the 'Connections' screen and tap on the "Connect" button near the top of the screen. You should now be looking at the "Network Log On" screen.
27. Tap on "User name" field and type web (Use lowercase letters, with no spaces)
28. Tap on "Password" field and type web (Use lowercase letters, with no spaces)
29. Don't tap on the "Domain" field - leave this box blank.
30. Tap on the box next to "Save Password" - this will make a tick appear, then tap on the "OK" box at the bottom of the screen.

Lastly, tap on OK until all the screens are closed off.

Next time you want to connect to the internet, open up the connections page found in settings and select Connect. Remember to have bluetooth enabled on the mobile and the pda beforehand or your get a connecting error message.

Lastly, do not use it too much as GPRS is VERY expensive (here in the UK in any case) and you pay per MB you download.
george1111
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-04-07 01:29
Can anybody help me with using my t616 as a modem for dial-up for my desktop. Modem drivers are up-todate, mmodem is detected fine. used dial-up netwoking, phone dialer, hyperterminal. It simply does not dial anywhere. Starts dialing and immediately throws "no carrier".

Connection is through BT which works great. tranferred files OK, did sync with outlook, etc.

PLEASE help!!!
jonat8
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-07 08:12
@george:

Are you sure that GPRS is activated on your account? Can you dial a normal CSD dial-up number?

Other than that, I can't really think what could be wrong. I use Bluetooth and my T610 as a dial-up modem almost every day and it's always worked fine since day 1.
ESTOR
K550 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-07 16:18
I think he's trying to dial to his ISP via CSD(regular dial up) and his provider doesn't allow CSD on his account, or in general.
george1111
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-04-07 19:04
Hi guys,
Thanks for your reply. Yes I would like to AVOID GPRS and use my regulard CSD dial-up to my ISP. So providers prohibit CSD? what should I do to make them to allow it?

If this is just a matter of call to Customer service, I'll make their life miserable until they do it.

WHY they do not allow it?

Provider is ATTwireless in US and Rogers ATT in Canada.

Thanks again

George
ESTOR
K550 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-07 21:24
Rogers ATT in Canada does not provide CSD. You must use GPRS.... because it's more expensive? and it's more efficient use of RF signal?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi