Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > T610 Screen Flickering.

Previous  1234  Next
Author T610 Screen Flickering.
Jammydodger
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-06-25 17:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Am I missing something here?? I've had the phone for well over a month now and I can honestly say I haven't noticed any sort of flickering on the screen!

If it is there, then it's not very noticeable...

Those people complaining about a flickering screen have either got a faulty handset or their being very pedantic!

slyfox1
P1
PM
Posted: 2003-06-25 17:30
mine flickers too..but it dont bother me.
jor1ge
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-06-25 23:45
I want to buy 610 flickers or not!!!!!
Actually my friends nokia 6100 flickers too when going round viewing some photos

[ This Message was edited by: jor1ge on 2003-06-25 22:46 ]
Alasken
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-06-26 10:11
I bought my t610 yesterday and without reading anything about other ppl's problems with screen flickering (except for when charging which is ok) I noticed it after less than five minutes of playing with the phone. It flickers when I move through menus and even more when the phone is loading something. For example when I change themes it flickers every time the status bar moves to the right. This is truly pissing me off and gives the whole phone a cheap-ass feel. I'm taking it back to the store tomorrow and replacing it.

Been waiting for t610 for several months, and this was a pretty big disappointment. Can't be bothered investing much of my energy in my current phone, as I know I'll have it replaced anyway.
Alasken
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-06-26 13:35
I'd like to hear some more responses to this. Anyone encountering the same problems? Mine was manufactured in week 23 btw...
Jammydodger
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-06-26 14:19
Mine is W16 and there's no flickering...
Mobile_Phil
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-06-26 16:50
@Alasken

Have the same pulsating problem on my phone... R3A, W22 (Hiss free).
Wouldn't want to call it flicker, cause that implies another common problem with such screens which I am not experiencing. My problem concerns the light of the screen when charging and whilst the phone is working hard it seems... A bit annoying I must admit as I've just got mine as well!
But I'm totally in love with my phone anyway...
Alasken
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-06-26 16:58
Yeah, I guess it's more right to call it a pulsating or lighting problem...it happened to my computer monitor sometimes too. The color/contrast changes quickly, making it seem like the screen flickers or pulsates. I'm definetely taking it back, cause it's really annoying.
Mobile_Phil
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-06-26 21:58
@Alasken

Please let us know what they say about it, and if they in fact fix it in any way...
Alasken
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-06-26 22:38
I sure will...I intend to ask for a new phone. That sucks a bit, cause I'll lose my MMS and profiles etc. And I'm also gonna have to go through that first charge again. Gonna ask if I can keep the battery.
Alasken
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-06-27 12:14
Hmm, not sure if I'll go to the store today...working till 5, and I don't have a car available..I'll see how tired I am when I'm finished...
Mobile_Phil
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-06-27 20:10
I checked another W22 phone today from the same store, and it had the same pulsating issue...

So it would be interesting to see if this is a problem present in all T610's or only in a few...

And also, although I don't notice any hissing att all when talking on the phone, there is a background hiss in the polyphonic ringtones (most noticeable right after the ringtone or during silent moments)... I have the ringtones at the loudest level...
Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this?! Or does this mean that some of the hissing issue is still present in the phone?!
Alasken
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-06-27 20:23
Just got back from the store. The guy there told me he had never heard of the problem before, and that the bosses weren't around. He told me they could take it in and upgrade the software, but I said I don't think it has anything to do with the software. He had this annoying attitude, and told me that he didn't think it would've been a problem if it was his phone.

He also said that they get new software versions in almost daily. We agreed that I'd come back on monday, when the bosses are there. He said it was pretty difficult to get phones replaced, but he was sure they could take it in and try and fix it.

After I talked to that guy I went to another mobile store right nearby, and talked to another cool fellow. He also said he hadn't had any complaints about that problem before, but agreed that it was pretty annoying when you had first noticed it. He had tried some t610s but said he had been too excited to notice if they had that flickering. Anyway, he said that as long as the phones don't have more than 3 or 5 minutes (he wasn't sure) of total talk time it shouldn't be a problem to have them replaced.

Oh well, we'll see on monday. My phone has a total talk time of just above 4 minutes.
Freddy
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-06-28 02:10
Play qsoccer and you will see how bad it can be, it the worst game
when it comes to flicker, but one of the best games
KungKrille
V600
PM
Posted: 2003-09-29 20:12
Me and my girlfriend bought our phones at the same time, but itīs only mine that is flickering. Everything that moves causes the problem - gaming, photographing, scrolling menus
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi