Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Potential Danger of Voice Answer

12  Next
Author Potential Danger of Voice Answer
janahan
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-05-22 18:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
For those who use the VOICE ANSWER feature of the P800, here is a potential danger I have noticed.

Make sure your voice answer/hang up voice tag is at least TWO words seperated by a short pause.

I had this problem of the phone "answering itself" after 2 seconds of ringing without any intervention by myself. I checked all the settings for automatic answer, and none were set, and it puzzled me totally. It got to a head when i was with a girl couple of days ago, ahving a "good time" and my mate called me, and little did i knoe that the phoen answered itself, and my mate was treated to a very good 10 minuite "aureal experience" about what i was up to with the girl in concern. (The b*****d actually had a T68i, and recorded it, to my embaressement).

I evetually tracked it down to my ring tone which was a wave clip, and had a phrase that triggered the "answer" voice tag (i had my phone set to recognise the single word "answer" to answer the phone).

I changed the voice tag to "Answer This Call" with a 1 sec gap between each word, and my auto answer problems were solved!

So those of you who use this feature, take note. Its not a bug, but somethign you really should be aware of! (Imagine, u with the "cute secrretary" and the "wife/girlfriend" calling u... not a good way to get caught!)
petrutms
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2003-05-22 18:25
LOL
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-22 19:45
U have a point: -D \"lucky\" me i dont own a p800 ha!

This message was posted from a WAP device

petrutms
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2003-05-22 20:05
701, try to buy one..is so cool !!!
M3_DeL
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-05-22 20:42
The second i heard dangers of voice answer, i was like \"this guy got a call during sex!\" i am always parinoid that someone is listening in on me and my girf!

This message was posted from a T68i

Ron_L
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-05-22 22:38
Quote:

On 2003-05-22 18:20:45, janahan wrote:
For those who use the VOICE ANSWER feature of the P800, here is a potential danger I have noticed.

Make sure your voice answer/hang up voice tag is at least TWO words seperated by a short pause.

You could actually charge for that!

Well... i don't use voice answer, so I'm in the clear there, but I had a similar thing happen to me today. Twice my phone called my parents house "on its own". Both times they were'nt home and I was just in conversation in a business meeting, but it could have been worse! I figured out that I had Magic Word turned on for voice dialing, and somehow, in conversation, I said something that sounded like "Please call" (my magic word command) and then something that sounded like the voice command I had recorded for my parents. Once would have been weird enough, but twice in the same day!?!

Magic Word is now off...

...ron
Brand New P800 (as of 5/17!), 128M Duo
T68M (Flashed to T68i), Siemens S46
janahan
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-05-23 00:53
i know.. the thing is the P800 pickup is just toooooo good!

anyway i am glad it was my mate, and not my parents! If they found out the kinda stuff their boy was up to, they might have a heart attack!!!!!
nowd
Z600
PM
Posted: 2003-05-23 03:01
I had a similar experience with the Magic Word! LOL My partner wondered why I would call him during odd times of the day and keep quiet. One time, I was driving another friend out and we were talking about my partner! And yes, my phone called my partner by itself and my partner heard everything we said about him! So funny.

I didn't give up yet tho. I changed my Magic Word to "Mister Phone". Unfortunately, the phone seems to be very sensitive that several songs from a radio can trigger the Magic Word (yes, I monitored it). Since then, I scrapped the use of the Magic Word. lol
planB
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-05-23 11:09
I just gave a friend the wake-up-call of his life the other day...
My girlfriends head had banged against my T68i's yes-button twice during morning workout...

Good luck he was way to tired to figure out he could record it and use it to blackmail me, and that the last phonecall I'd done the day before wasn't to my parents or my boss or something.

My girlfriend was a bit embarrases though. Didn't dare to show up on my friends party that nite. I on the other hand was quite happy with my performance, haha
ainamrev
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-23 11:12
never like voice recognition any way
tranquil
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-05-23 14:25
I find it safest tonturn my phone off during intence workout sessions.

This message was posted from a P800

Orobas_Wats
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-05-23 14:31
You're all just dirty...

I've noticed that the magic word recognition is ultra sensitive, although it hasn't caused any problems yet, I did get home to a 5 minute answer phone message featuring my stunning 'car vocals' to Christina Aguilera's Beautiful, I'm just sooo glad I got home first...

-Orobas
thevoice
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-05-23 18:47
I can't really make the voice answer work, because the ring tone is so loud that the phone doesn't seem to hear me saying "answer"...
SunilC
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-05-23 19:31
Hey Janahan youre famous!! Your story is o the front page of infosync world! check it out: www.infosync.no

Sunil
Epedemic
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2003-05-23 20:31
hehe nice one

[ This Message was edited by: Epedemic on 2003-05-23 19:32 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi