Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Dual sim for P800

Previous  12
Author Dual sim for P800
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-06-17 04:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
So many people i know who used twin sims in the past have gone over to using two phones because of issues with missed calls, also the twin sims can have short lasting cotact material on the slave sim which ends up causing unreliabillity, a good example of twin sims becoming a pain is this;
You swop to a sim to send a sms & then swop back to your voice call sim & the person replies to your sms sim number, even though its not the number you insist they use, because they just pressed the "Reply" option.
It becomes far to much hasle to keep checking between sims for missed sms & calls.
Once a major phone manufacturer takes the lead & makes a phone capable of TWO live sims, it will quickly become the norm.

No twin sim holders can offer two live sims.

A twin live sim phone IS available but its a crap product. similar to a Nokia 5000 series.
tomjayc
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-05-22 19:03
hi folks
there is a universal dual sim holder out there that will work with the P800. I got mine from www.simcardholders.com and I am using it with a T610, however it will fit any phone. You cut ou the sims into 1 new simcard that replaces your original sim. With a call divert you can also receive calls on both numbers.
Cheers,
Tomjayc

[ This Message was edited by: tomjayc on 2004-05-22 18:07 ]
anish
P1
PM
Posted: 2004-05-24 13:50
Have a look at this thread
Knowledge is two fold. Knowing a subject or knowing where to find out about a subject. I rely on both... That is why I come here.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi