Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > T68 freezes when using WAP

Author T68 freezes when using WAP
Ruben
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-09 04:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have bought a T68 with R2A software a couple of weeks ago and whenever I use WAP over GPRS my mobile seems to freeze occasionally and nothing works anymore. The only thing that I can do to get it back to work is by removing and replacing the battery. Has anyone had this problems with their T68s and if so is there any solution to this problem?
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-09 05:01
Ruben,

1. Set the response timer (WAP settings) to 30 seconds (originally 150 seconds). When it cannot load a WAP page, it will come back to you with an error.
2. When you disconnect your GPRS session, *wait* until the connection summary screen is displayed (this shows bytes sent/received), before turning your phone off. On R2B, when you disconnect from a GPRS session and you turned off your phone *before* the connection summary screen is displayed, the phone "flushes" the connection and will display the summary screen and will turn itself off, no problem.
Roberto
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-03-09 05:17
Hi Arnoldc,
Does it really necessary to turn the phone off after wapping or disconnecting from GPRS?
Sometimes after exiting/disconnecting from GPRS and showing the connection summary, I wouldn't be able accept calls and all calls were forwarded to my mailbox, I would turn-off my phone to be able for me to receive call again, is this normal?
Thanks for the help!

[ This Message was edited by: Roberto on 2002-03-09 05:19 ]
Ruben
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-09 12:36
Arnoldc,

The problem is that while I am browsing for example the Esato WAP site it starts loading pages normally. Then occasionally the screen freezes and nothing I press makes it work again. I just have to remove the battery to work. I don't think it's something to do with the response time (mine was set at 150). I have got R2A and whenever I use WAP over GPRS I never switch the phone off after and I never had any problems with phone calls. The problem is when the screen freezes occasionally and I have to remove the battery! My friend has got an R2A model too and he bought it the same day as I did and he does not seem to have any problems with WAP and he uses my same network provider and the same settings I have for WAP. Is this just a coincidence? At first I thought it was a software bug but since his T68 does not give any problems I am getting a bit worried and was considering the idea of returning the mobile back and asking for a new one. Do you think this is necessary or a software upgrade to a later version would solve my problem? And if that is the case why does my friends' mobile never give him any problems while mine does using the same software and settings?
socarb
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-09 13:04
Ruben! I have a similar problem. Can you tell me, do you and your fried use the same operator? Can this be an operator-related problem...?
Ruben
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-09 13:13
Yes, we use the same service provider. And he has not had any problems yet. That's what I am worried about...
socarb
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-09 13:38
Ok. You better contact a service center then... I actually got a new phone the same day. Wish you the same luck! My problem still remain though, even on the new phone...
Roberto
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-03-09 18:33
If your unit is still under warranty, you better go down to SonnyEricsson service center and let them check your unit. If it's really has a problem they will repair or probably replace it with the new one.
Gaston
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-03-09 18:40
Ruben,
I have had the same problem when using WAP over GPRS. I'm using R1B.
The problem occured only once, but it crashed so intense that even removing the battery did not fix it. I couldn't do anything with the phone anymore.
I went to a ServicePoint and they put new software into it. However, it still didn't work and now I'm waiting for my phone being repaired. No replacement phone in the meantime
wizard
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-03-18 19:47
Quote:

On 2002-03-09 04:29, Ruben wrote:
I have bought a T68 with R2A software a couple of weeks ago and whenever I use WAP over GPRS my mobile seems to freeze occasionally and nothing works anymore.

I've had the same problem. The problem occured several times the 1-2 first days I had the phone. It happend all the time when visiting esato's "My favourites" page.. Did not encounter it on other pages.. Now I've had my phone for one week, and cant remember having any wap-crashes for the last 4-5 days. I guess I have just gotten better at not touching my joystick or buttons untill pages are completly loaded (Icon in top-right corner disappers).. Try that.. It might help..
Ruben
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-19 13:38
Actually my friend told me not to press the No button twice while a wap page is loading and since then I never had any problems with wap again.
Maybe you must leave a page to load before stopping it!
fizzbitt
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-03-26 14:11
again.. I have to report that i've had my phone for 5 dayz and i've had the wap crash a few times to the point where i have to remove the battery.
Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-03-26 14:24

the only way to get around it is to disable GPRS in Connect -> Datacomm... set the "Pref. service" to "Only GSM".... GPRS interfer with the phone communication causing the phone to completley jam so the only solution is to remove the battery.
there is yet no solution to this... is aware of the problem...

for some it works just fine using GPRS and wap.. for some it doesn't... it's a lottery
orang3
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-13 14:48
it not only applies to surfing wap .. when it is plug in with other accessories it will also freeze ....very irritating ...
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-04-13 15:06
Instead of removing the battery hold the NO key down for 10 seconds to turn off your phone. Someone mentioned this in another forum and it works a treat. Won't solve the problem but is better for your phone if it crashes. Ed

I

This post was posted from a T68

[ This Message was edited by: edwardm on 2002-04-13 15:16 ]

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi