Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > T39m & Bluetooth

Author T39m & Bluetooth
Coolest
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-06 12:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Looking for help making my T39 sync with my PC.

I have a T39 with software level R2K CXC125268 R2K CXC125147_TAE. My PC uses Windows 2000 and a Toshiba Bluetooth PC-Card running bluetooth software 1.09.

When I XTNDConnect PC to sync with my calendar etc. the Phone Monitor icon appears but the connection is not made.

Does anyone else have the same setup and made it work ?

Thanks.
mms
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-03-06 13:49
Did you make a serial bluetooth connection from your PC to your T39? I use COM3 (see Bluetooth Configuration Tool) via the Serial Profile to connect to my T68 (T68 behaves very similar as T39).

Next, make sure that in MobilePhoneMonitor (see Control Panel) the correct COM-port is activated... (in my case: COM3 !)

MMS

PS: I also use the Toshiba-card running BTSWS v1.09 so we should be able to get your problem solved ...

[ This Message was edited by: mms on 2002-03-06 13:51 ]
Coolest
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-06 14:01
Yup, I have connected COM7 and COM8 to the two serial ports and set the Mobile Phone Monitor to listen to both. It works the first time after a reboot of the PC and phone after taking about 1-2 minutes to connect to the phone. The second time XTNDConnect just times out again and again. Personally I think the MPM is dodgy but glad to hear someone has it working. I'm going to get the phone software upgraded today, that may help.
mms
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-03-06 14:07
OK, uncheck the serial-profile for COM8 in BTSWS-Configuration Tool (so the serial profile is only attached to COM7). Then let MPM listen only to COM7 (not both !).

But then again, I assume you've tried this already.

Personally I don't believe a firmware-upgrade of your T39 will help...

Let me know the progress....
mms
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-03-06 14:12
Another thing that might help: uncheck all profiles in BTSWS Configuration Tool, but leave only the serial attached to COM7. Then fire-up the serial connection to your T39 within BTSWS and finally let MPM listen only to COM7.

Just for test-purposes...

I used to have all kinds of profiles associated to several COM-ports, but now I've unchecked them all; except for:

COM3 -> associated to DUN & serial
COM7 -> associated to OBEX file transfer
COM8 -> associated to OBEX push

COM 9,10+11 -> no associations

This seemed to work for me...

Good luck
Coolest
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-06 17:21
It works - great, thanks for the Help!

I set it up so that COM7 (COM1 through COM5 are local ports and not configurable) is the only serial port for Bluetooth in the Bluetooth Settings. Everything else in Bluetooth Settings is turned off.

I the set MPM to listen only to COM7.

I also Master Reset the phone (a little added incentive to get all my addresses and meetings back onto the phone).

I did not get the firmware upgraded, neither of my local service centres were able to do it for at least another week due to Ericsson changing their website apparently (sounded more like a cover story for not wanting to work on people's Ericsson phones to me).

I have now run XTNDConnect three times in a row and whilst it takes over a minute for MPM to make the connection it does actually work repeatedly.

My previous configuration was how Ericsson told me to set it up. By only allowing MPM to listen to one COM port but having two connected in Bluetooth I could have one for the modem and one for sync-ing.

Now I have another question. What's the Bluetooth Ethernet for ?
Coolest
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-06 18:25
Still doesn't work...the phone monitor fails to make the connection every time and does not hold the connection with the Phone Settings program - so you get half way through adding a data connection and its lost the connection and you lose your data...are there any environment variables or other settings that will make MPM hold the connection as it does with IR ???
mms
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-03-07 13:07
Sounds to me some other application or background-process is giving you problems.

Try to kill any process/application that has got nothing to do with: MPM, Bluetooth (usually named dga* after it's manufacturer DigiAnswer) or XTNDCONNECT.
Then try again and see if it works better.

My experience with "half working" communication is usually that some other application (which you don't know of) is keeping your COM-port occupied or is eating up processing-power which prevents a normal communication with external devices...

Dunno about Bluetooth Ethernet; haven't tried/used that...

MMS
Phrak
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-08 02:11
I might also jump in here with some experiences i've had trying to get the #!%$ing IrDA sync working on WinXP.

Try to exit and disable the XTNDConnect Tray icon. You can right click and exit, but you'll have to manually remove it's entry from the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key to disable it from starting every time you restart your machine.

I found that whenever this stupid little app. was running, Syncronisation woud either not work at all, or partially work, then drop out, and would not reconnect....

Anyway, hope this helps you out a bit.

Oh, and I also upgraded the phone to v.R3B, to try and alleviate some of my problems, but in reality it made no difference...
Coolest
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-08 12:35
Thanks for that. I had already removed the tray icons but had left the entry: XTNDConnect PC still in. I've removed that now.

The connection is working but unreliable. It often takes some time to connect and if you are using Phone Settings Manager then it drops out whilst you are changing things. XTNDConnect manages to hold the connection once its made it.

I guess its just issues with using new technology
mms
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-03-08 14:24
Phrak is right! I also de-activated this XTND-connect icon from my system-tray. But I did it(Windows ME) via Programs>Accessories>SystemTools>SystemInformation >Tools>SystemConfigurationUtility>Startup
Here you can de-activate any proces/program you don't really need. It helped me to switch-off XTNDconnect for another comm.problem I had.

Good luck,
MMS

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2002-04-23 11:04 ]
Coolest
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-08 18:25
Thanks again - it is sync-ing more reliably now or rather repeatedly, however still drops the connection in Phone Settings.

I've set the COM port to COM9, nothing else on my system uses this. I've reserved COM9 in Phone Monitor Options. I've configured only 1 serial port for COM9 in Bluetooth settings. I've take out the start ups for XTNDConnect. It's as minimal as I can think to make it.

I guess I'm juts going to have to buy a T68i or wait for the P800...thanks for your help!
Phrak
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-11 04:15
Re: Sync-ing more reliably - Great to hear!
Re: Still drops out using Phone Settings - Yes, i know i've found that if you leave the Ir connection idle for too long (ie. don't apply any config changes, or receive info from the phone), then it'll drop out, and you'll have to restart the application and let it re-aquire the phone.

I've lost my CD, so i can't apply the R3A02 patch (available in the software section for the t39 on wap.sonyericsson.com) and have ordered another from Ericsson. I'm hoping that the patch'll fix the problem...

So, in summary, try not to let the connection sit idle for too long... make lots of changes, and apply them ASAP.

Hope this helps!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi