Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Esato Gun Aficionados Forum

Previous  123 ... 434445  Next
Author Esato Gun Aficionados Forum
cool.j
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-02-08 10:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi everyone! i'm interested in buying a gun, preferably a .45 cal or .38 super for home defense, i read a lot about R.I.A. on some forums in the United States and much of it are praises for R.I.A. product, anybody have any idea how much does it cost? by the way i'm from bulacan
doctabako
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-02-08 19:46
Quote:

On 2007-02-07 16:08:21, nat222 wrote:
nice to hear from you again doctabako! thanks for your advice! sorry for may being inosente, but whats d difference between IDPA competitions with IPSC competition? and if im going to compete what unit could you advice? how about the caliber?

by the way dok, if im planning to get anothe unit for may everyday carry, is glock an ideal one? di ba mdyo delikado compare to 1911's safety? and what caliber should it be?

another one, which is a better pistol, should it be the modern plastic or the steel one? thanks in advance!

soorrry ang dami questions! newbie kasi!

You can read about their differences in their respective websites. Basically the difference lies in IDPA's emphasis on shooting from cover, tactical reloads, minimal gun mods and approved rigs among other things. Coming from an IPSC background, I find the rules of IDPA too restricting but it's still fun and has its own merits. If you want run and gun, speed reloads and hell of a lot of fun, IPSC is the ticket. But as they say variety is the spice of life so you can try both.

I use a glock 30(.45 ACP of course) for my everyday carry(di ngayon, gun ban e ) not really a liability as long as you use hard leather or plastic holsters that cover the trigger/trigger guard area or carry it in condition 3(magazine inserted chamber empty). Its your choice and there are many alternatives including the wondernine's.

I won't go into the 1911 versus glock debate as that is a sensitive issue and I like and have both. Happy shooting
jonathan_leu
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-02-11 10:20
Hello everyone. I'm here to ask something about the AMT Automag II Magnum .22. I got to know someone who is offering me to buy his 22 magnum, he sells it for 60k. The firearm is licensed. I want to have a firearm basically for the purpose of personal/home protection. Well of course I want to join a group too, perhaps a club someday. Do you think the price of the gun for 60k is right? If not, would you recommend me a different brand/kind? Please comment. Thank you very much. By the way, baguhan lang ako in terms of firearms. -:)
matanglawin
K600
PM
Posted: 2007-02-12 02:26
MrJonathan,

For carry and/or home defense purposes, I think you'll be better off with something bigger than a .22 caliber. 9mm at least. The .22 caliber is cheap to shoot though, that is why it's ideal for practice firing (and mouse hunting...hence the tag mouse guns).

Just my 2 cents worth...
aztec
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-03-02 03:56
Quote:

On 2007-02-12 02:26:43, matanglawin wrote:
MrJonathan,

For carry and/or home defense purposes, I think you'll be better off with something bigger than a .22 caliber. 9mm at least. The .22 caliber is cheap to shoot though, that is why it's ideal for practice firing (and mouse hunting...hence the tag mouse guns).

Just my 2 cents worth...

Bro, i beg to disagree..
a .22 is as potent as a 9mm, all you need to have is good bullet placement..
it has much less recoil and definitely good for carry or home defense...
a subsonic .22 does more damage than a 9mm FMJ..

any gun will do it's job as long as the user knows how to use it

matanglawin
K600
PM
Posted: 2007-03-06 13:33

On 2007-03-02 03:56:09, aztec wrote:
Bro, i beg to disagree..
a .22 is as potent as a 9mm, all you need to have is good bullet placement..
it has much less recoil and definitely good for carry or home defense...
a subsonic .22 does more damage than a 9mm FMJ..

any gun will do it's job as long as the user knows how to use it

Point well taken. I guess I missed reading that info on sub-sonic ammunition from the few sites and forums that I've visited...most of which prefer .40s and .45s. And if you're talking from experience, then I really can't argue with that.

As for me, I will have to wait until the gun ban ends so that I can practice having good bullet placements on moving targets with my 9mm. A range officer said that that is precisely what I have to get used to...because that's the way it is in real-life crisis situations. I don't wish to experience one in the near future...it's just best to be prepared.

G34
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-03-06 22:03
Serious about home defense with an AKM 7.62X39

G34
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-03-06 22:12
M4 5.56, kept the target on sight even with double tap due to the low recoil, had to shoot low because the mound wasn't too high. Always remember to check background.

boysaint
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2007-03-06 22:44
Doc Tabako,
i thought you have forsaken this baby of yours! well, as you can see...we have new friends here. Brothers in Arms! kamusta ka na dyan?
we are here in the US again, getting away from the corny hypocritical gun ban buyset! have been trying out a lot of firearms that we can't have in the Philippines. oh yes... the 1911 vs Glock issue is a sensitive one, i agree. wonder why it became like a religious sectarian issue now! oh well....

Aztec,
bro....how's it going over there!? i see you have been defending the .22LR already. palibhasa naka-experience ka na sa pag-gamit ng 22LR in real life, ehem.... HAHAHA! real life target shooting, ikaw talaga!

G34,
ayos ba? sarap mag double-tap sa M4 ng Rock River, ano? and hey... the Stag-Arms is another baby! not to mention Olympic Arms, BushMaster, and the rest of the M4 makers!

Matanglawin,
siguro naman sa pag-balik namin dyan sa Pilipinas eh tapos na yang buyset na hypocritical na gun ban na yan, and we may shoot some rounds together.

Polancer,
nawawala nanaman???

keep in touch, everyone! have fun!
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-03-07 09:56
you could someone with these guns..

is that your intention?

fatreg
maggflodd
T630
PM
Posted: 2007-03-07 12:28

On 2007-03-07 09:56:02, fatreg wrote:
you could someone with these guns..

is that your intention?

fatreg

I'm with you on that, fatreg... But we are defenceless sissies or something... The guys need guns, they're constantly under attack... [addsig]
aztec
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-17 08:14
hey guys,
ive managed to attach a scope to my walter...
just one more accessory to go..
aint that right boysaint.. hehe

G34
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-29 02:09
Aztec
I saw the movie The Shooter and i think you are right. He was using a 22 varmint rifle to bring down criminals from 200 yards. Bullet placement is crucial of course. But then again, i know you could stop a lynch mob with a 22, right? Heheheh!!!! Way to go, Aztec. Go get that barrel attachment for your Walter.
G34
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-29 02:33
I think SE_P800 posted some months ago that he likes the Mac 11. Havent seen any of this gun model in the past couple of years.
markieboy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-30 15:34
Hello everyone!

Anyone selling a Colt/Elisco baby m16? I'm interested in purchasing one. Please PM if you are or can recommend someone who is. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 434445  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic