Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Esato Gun Aficionados Forum

Previous  123 ... 42 434445  Next
Author Esato Gun Aficionados Forum
boysaint
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2007-01-15 11:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i still think you shouldn't have sold the Glock-17. it is the real epitome of the simple but absolutely effective tool for mankind.

anyway, good luck on the new unit.
nat222
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-19 03:50
hi everyone! another newbies here! hi aztec! just saw your unit and i find it pretty good. im wondering, if its ok to ask, how much it cost and where can i purchase one if ever the budget fits.

by the way, i have a colt commander. but i planning to sell it and puchase a springfield 1911 A1. i dont know if i have the right decision. so im asking for any suggestion to help me decide whether to sell and purchase one or not.

hoping for your help. thanks alot gun afficionados!
G34
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-21 16:52
Nat222, If you intend to buy a Springfield, skip the Mil-Spec version. It's the one with the primitive sights. Also, Springfield 1911 A1s have the beaver tail except for that Mil-Spec version. Colt has ceased to make and sell commercial versions of the 1911 and 1991 pistols a few years back, I think. But that doesn't mean you will be out of spare parts a few years from now. Most of the parts for all 1911 and 1991 pistols are interchangeable. The only reason for replacing a 1911 design pistol with another 1911 pistol of a different brand would probably be because your old 1911 has come apart (KB).
nat222
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-22 06:44
thanks alot G34 for your advice. i wonder if my colt commander would be an ideal gun for competition. actually i got the gun for home protection.but now, (except for the gun ban!!!), im planing to make it my carry pistol. therefore, i need to practice my pistol more often. what if i decide to join some fun shoot,would the pistol be qualified? thanks in advance!
fatplinker
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-24 16:05
Hi to everybody! Last Dec. 4 after the 3rd Defense and Sporting Arms show I applied for my first firearms license and paid a deposit on an Akkar Altay 12-gauge shotgun from PB Dionisio. I intend to use the SG for home defense. Up to now, however, the processing staff at PBD keeps saying that my application is still undergoing processing. When I paid my deposit the sales guys at PBD said it would take around 4 weeks for processing, but its been 7 weeks already. Does it really take that long? Or is it because of the current gun ban? Also, once I finally get the unit, can I test fire it at a shooting range before I take it home, or do I have to wait till June to do so?
I sure would appreciate any advice you more experienced shooters could give me.
G34
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-26 00:39
Nat222, most people would like to have their carry gun simple and without much protrusions for obvious reasons. A carry gun may qualify for the stock category, however, a Colt Commander has a 4.25 inch barrel which means you might be competing with other 1911 pistols with 5 inch barrels. Shorter barrel means shorter pistol with shorter sight radius. Shorter sight radius means you will need to have steadier hands. Lots of practice, of course, may get you through.

Remember, a Mazda with a small Wankel engine won the 24hour endurance race of Le Mans against Porsches, V-12 Jaguars and V-8 Corvettes.

Have fun!
G34
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-26 01:10
fatplinker: I dont think the gun ban has anything to do with gun license processing. Except perhaps for the release of Comelec exemptions, that is, if the gun store is trying to acquire an exemption for your gun. Processing may have taken longer because of the large number of people who bought guns during the gun show.

Anyway, a permit to transport the gun from the store to your house is usually included in the package. You may try the gun in a shooting range if the range is along the route from the store to your house. Dont forget to log in and sign in the guest book of the shooting range for record purposes.

Comelec exemption is about P3,500 additonal fee, according to the Camp Crame FED. Better ask your gun store for details.
fatplinker
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-26 02:00
Thanks very much G34! I guess I'll drop by the gunstore and ask them personally. Obvious ba overexcited na ko?
maggflodd
T630
PM
Posted: 2007-01-26 23:13
Quote:

On 2003-03-27 12:50:00, doctabako wrote:
Well, since we're talking about Sex, Cars, Football and other unrelated stuff, I just wanted to know if there are any of you out there who have a passion for, or at least an interest in firearms. I have been into guns ever since I can remember and I would like to know your thoughts on the subject. I would also like to know what in your opinion are the best firearms and ammunition ever made and why. I don't claim to be an expert but I will also try to answer questions regarding firearms and for those questions beyond my capacity to answer, maybe like minded individuals among you can help me. For those who hate guns you can also voice out your opinion in this forum so we can discuss these things like educated people.

oops, I "came" here thinking this thread was a joke...

[ This Message was edited by: maggflodd on 2007-01-26 23:13 ]
nat222
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-27 14:55
TNX ALOT AGAIN G34! you're an enlightenment to us! im wondering if i could apply for a PTT during the gun ban period. im planning to have my unit "tuned up" for my plan of competing/practice. does the range still issue PTT even comelec gun ban?
TNX in advance
G34
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-28 01:46
The FED does not issue PTTs during gun ban except for a major competition. There seems to be no major competition during the gun ban dates. PTCs may be issued but then again it becomes useless without the Comelec exemption. Unfortunately for people who are not as famous as some politicians or actors, getting an exemption may take months. Then if you do receive an exemption, gun ban is almost over (we are not going to talk about how money talks, okey? lol)

"Accessorizing" and tuning up your pistol is one of the joys of owning a gun. Try not to overdo it. You may end up with a gun that is too large to carry. Competition guns are usually not a good carry gun - light trigger pulls for example are too dangerous for an everyday gun.

Please attend gun seminars, you will learn a lot.
nat222
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-28 08:23
thanks again G34! the comelec gun ban is really a headache for responsible gun owners! how can we now protect ourself against those hardened criminals on the streets!!!! its just making criminals more easier to victimize their prey!

hope i could practice my carry pistol more often after the gun ban.thanks again G34! hope to hear also from other gun afficionados. by the way wheres doctabako? he's the one who started this thread?

Thanks again!
boysaint
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2007-01-29 10:40
as always been said at any ProGun and ProSelfDefense discussions.... ban of guns (or any self-defense items) from law-abiding people encourages criminals to strike.
doctabako
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-02-07 14:58
Welcome to the thread Nat222. Buseet talagang gun ban yan. Buti pa yung 20 bodyguard ni Pacquiao nakakuha ng exemption, tapos meron pa nasa witness protection di nabigyan. Only in the Philippines

Regarding your commander, it would be better if you compete with it in IDPA competitions rather than IPSC type as you will be at a disadvantage. But if all you aim for is to have fun(which is as it should be), then go ahead and enjoy. After the gun ban nga lang.
nat222
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-02-07 16:08
nice to hear from you again doctabako! thanks for your advice! sorry for may being inosente, but whats d difference between IDPA competitions with IPSC competition? and if im going to compete what unit could you advice? how about the caliber?

by the way dok, if im planning to get anothe unit for may everyday carry, is glock an ideal one? di ba mdyo delikado compare to 1911's safety? and what caliber should it be?

another one, which is a better pistol, should it be the modern plastic or the steel one? thanks in advance!

soorrry ang dami questions! newbie kasi!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 42 434445  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic