Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Esato Gun Aficionados Forum

Previous  123 456 ... 434445  Next
Author Esato Gun Aficionados Forum
boysaint
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-04-14 19:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
whoaa, i guess we have to count our blessings indeed. well, yes, i also believe H&K USP is one of the best. tho, doctabako, i own the 9mm version also. before TriMark folded up (and before the dollar exchange went too high) i was expecting to get another USP, the USP Expert in .45acp. but then the economy went bad, i have to defer owning it. have you seen nashe's price for the USP this last gunshow.... ridiculously high! well then, my only 'consuelo-de-bobo' is that i am guaranteed the chamber and slide won't break, having a 9mm version only.

on the USP the slide rides high up from the frame, tho'. much like the sig-sauers. so when the slide racks back when firing (ejecting a spent shell) it tilts upwards too much. yes the double recoil spring is really needed there. the glocks slide is lower. which is good for grip-control, recoil management, and general handling. i think only the smaller glocks have double springs. well, they have their own compromises. but both guns are GREAT! handling and accuracy, they both shine. i can't dispose any one of these.

doctabako
P990
PM
Posted: 2003-04-14 20:14
Know what you mean about the price increase. 2 years ago i put off buying a USP .45 tactical because i bought a .44 mag ruger super blackhawk which i really like. The tactical cost 45,000 at that time. On december of last year went to buy the tactical but its price shot up to 80,000 plus so i just ordered the USP .45 standard which set me back 50,000 but i'm still waiting for it to come out this month. Good thing i ordered it when i did because its price increased even more in last february's gunshow.

This message was posted from a T68i

boysaint
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-04-15 13:33
getting a tactical version? great! i have tried my cousin's tactical USP at the range.... great trigger! we all know how wobbly a polymer trigger is. but this tactical version has solved it by removing that slack, and putting that trigger stop behind the trigger. the trigger then felt like a single-action! and of course you can still adjust that tightness and let-up by turning that small screw head behind the trigger. if you're used to pulling 8-lbs double-action triggers you better watch out for this tactical's very small trigger breaking point... keep those fingers out of the trigger when not intending to destroy anything in your path!

and yes, the front and rear sight are very high-profile. rear sight is adjustable, but still high-profile. this is so when you attach your knight's suppressor you already have a sight high up there, with the fat suppressor out of the way of your sight. so, for those of you who have been used to the slide-hugging low profile fixed novaks.... i hope this won't need too much adjustment on your part. well, on my own USP i had it normal height. enjoy shooting!
doctabako
P990
PM
Posted: 2003-04-15 14:32
@ boysaint wanted the tactical but it was way over budget. As i said in the previous post i had to settle for the fixed sight .45 cal USP standard. Don't really think i would be having problems with the trigger as i am quite adept with both the single action trigger of the colt 1911A1 and the double action trigger of my python. Thanks for the rundown of the handling characteristics, needed to hear that.:-)

boysaint
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-04-15 15:33
there's a new glock. i think it's called a G37.
The cartridge is called .45GLOCK. it is shorter than the .45 ACP.
It's supposed to have the ballistics of a .45ACP, but in a smaller
glock 17 sized gun (standard).
doctabako
P990
PM
Posted: 2003-04-15 17:25
that would be nice but being a proprietary cartridge, its bound to be expensive and hard to find unless you reload. The .357sig is one example of an equally impressive cartridge that has yet to gain widespread acceptance.

This message was posted from a WAP device

boysaint
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-04-17 17:49
yes, true. i guess gaston glock think that if SIG did a auto version of the .357 (into becoming a .357SIG), then maybe glock said they can do a .45acp into becoming a .45Glock.

but yes... it has a long way of proving their worth. 10mm had its time. .40sw is now being accepted. .357sig is too expensive. the .41 of IMI is almost lost again. the 400 of corbon is another one. and now here comes this .45glock!

this is like releasing GSM, CDMA, DoCoMo, G3, etc in one metro manila, huh?
doctabako
P990
PM
Posted: 2003-04-17 19:40
Right. One cartridge that I wanted to see take off but didn't was the .45 super, imagine all that power and all you needed to do was to replace the barrel on any stock .45ACP pistol and install stronger springs.

[ This Message was edited by: doctabako on 2003-04-17 18:42 ]
boysaint
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-04-19 18:58
yeah. so that's why somehow i feel USA is one place for us gun aficionados. not to make myself sound like anything unpleasant to the "antis", but we can use any kind of bullet there, any calibre. where else can one own...and enjoy at the same time.... a 10mm pistol, a .454 casull and a .41Mag revolver.... without fear of where to buy the next box of bullets for tomorrow (if you dont reload)! there's almost no such thing as "exotic" calibre there.

and don't forget the new babies.... 4.6x30mm (used by the new H&K MP7) and the 5.8x28mm (currently used by the FN P90) . ok, ok, i know these are strictly law-and-military use for now. but there are strong clamor for it to be used by sport people. we'll never know yet. but yes... dito sa Pilipinas puro .45 and 38 lang ang alam nila. nakakabitin nga eh, ano? oh well...
doctabako
P990
PM
Posted: 2003-04-20 10:33
Yes, the U.S. is indeed a utopia for us. As i am a fan of the big bore hunting handgun cartridges of which i only have the .44 magnum, i would love to get a hold of the .454 casull, the .480 ruger and the .475 linebaugh along with the guns that fire them of course. One of their advantages there is you could still hunt for big game like moose,elk, deer and the like. Here the biggest thing we could hunt is the occasional wild boar. I also hate that we are limited to the .22 LR and WMR for rifles.

boysaint
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-04-21 14:13
yeah, we're limited to 22lr, and can't bring out that rifle out the house now. but they issue PTC for the .357magnum, if you really want to. isn't that stupid? i've heard some people even got PTC for their M-16s! magulo ang implementation ng rules, ano?
doctabako
P990
PM
Posted: 2003-04-21 19:20
You heard right. Registration of the m-16 costs 15 thou ptc costs another 15 thou. Renewal of registration was cheaper at 2 thou, But this was before gloria announced the cancellation of old ptc's. Don't know how much it costs now or if they still issue it. Yeah, the implementation sucks. Whatever you can off with a .22 LR will go down quicker with a .357 mag.

boysaint
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-05-05 14:42
you have any news on when we will have our next GUNSHOW for this year? thanks.
doctabako
P990
PM
Posted: 2003-05-05 15:35
No date yet, but its usually last week of july or first week of August. Know what, 2 gunshows have passed and i still haven't got the HK .45 USP standard that i ordered from Nashe. Already thinking of cancelling it but i'm giving them up till june to fulfill my order. :-( in my experience with previous firearms its better to buy at either trust trade or twin pines but they don't have the HK. What's your experience with our gun stores?

boysaint
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-05-19 11:51
doc,
hello again! first of all... sorry for the long silence. been attending to some urgent issues here. anyway....

we got our H&K-USP, Glocks, Mossbergs, Berettas, from a relatively unknown store in kamias street: VLP (i know the owner, Mrs Vicky Pena, has a store in batangas. your place, right?); and the 4-inch taurus607 in 357 (which i sold off already, sorry) from TrustTrade. both stores serve their customers nicely. while i get all accessories from TwinPines, TrustTrade, and.... we can't help it... from the USA. i got my HoloSights abroad.

i know the USP was bodega-transfered by VLP from Tri-Mark (when it still existed), so i dont know how it was done. i have heard TriMark was notorious for some things, but they did the transaction for VLP ok for me. so i can't complain anywherelse, for that matter. the USP package was great (by the way, my USP is 9mm).

how about getting in touch with VLP, as she's your kababayan anyway. you may both come up with some good connections. (or baka nga you know each other na!?) maybe she has some clients who, unlike us, doesn't want their USPs and want to sell it. the 1911 guys hate the polymer generation, and vice versa. i have had offers for Walther P99s, SigPro 40s, Glocks, being sold by.... you guess right.... 1911 fanatics. they just can't accept plastic guns that shoot great right out of the box! so there.... just wait for those guys to sell off a USP.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 456 ... 434445  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic