Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Esato Gun Aficionados Forum

Previous  123 45 ... 434445  Next
Author Esato Gun Aficionados Forum
bonito99
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2003-04-14 07:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
hard to pack in your pants an MP5
Anyway, anyone looking for an extra magazine for an uzi (9mm)?
Great Champions Die Hard.

" Women here in Manila are easy to get, specially if you have many dineros, I am talking in general here mate!I am already thru with Filipinas..." - JN a.k.a *jojo*
doctabako
P990
PM
Posted: 2003-04-14 08:31
To be fair to the authorities my military and police gun buddies say that they don't like the ban but madame gloria is set on it so they have to follow orders. They say things will be better after the elections of 2004. I doubt that,If sen. Lacson wins it will even be more strict. Remember what happened to the issuance of permits during his stint as chief pnp. Sigh..when will it end.:-(

This message was posted from a T68i

boysaint
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-04-14 11:15
Doc T,
again, you're correct! i remember those days that you're talking about. but why will she...er, he win? there will be a whole bunch of former "friends" there wanting to win also. hell, we're being political analyst here already, just because of those wrong implementations. anyway.... did you say someone said things will be better for us after 2004? who said that? and what made him/her say that? you may PM me if these things get too sensitive. thanks.
g17
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-04-14 11:54
Aside frm a pistol, a 12 ga. shotgun wil be a gud choice for home defens. Though one might think the recoil could b too much, practice wil help u learn how to handle it. Try renting one at the range, mostly P200 per session + P17 per round. 10 to 20 rounds shuld b enough to make u get the feel. Prices of shotguns range frm P15T to P70T. Blast the ground near the intruders if they try again!

boysaint
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-04-14 12:02
i would try something closer than the ground where the intruder is standing. he is inside my house already, and i know he isn't there to congratulate me on my successful life at that time of the night. nor would he admire my benelli M90's nice finish.
golfer
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-04-14 13:08
In the early 90's the sport of practical shooting occupied most of my time. I enjoyed reloading my own bullets & experimenting with various loads (45 & super 38 ). Those were memorable days except for days when it was time to renew my gun license & permit to carry. It was always a hassle.

The policy on gun licensing in our country (PH) has always been whimsical. Such that if you loved the sport of shooting you can't help feeling insecure because of the threat that ''Government can curtail at anytime your freedom to enjoy the possession & use of your firearms''.

i.e. The idea of requiring shooters to leave their guns in the vault of their respective gun clubs after practice. Wow! can you imaging that! Not being able to tinker with your gun anymore in the house anytime you wish...like when you have the urge to try out different accessories & dry firing practice. This to me was 80% of the FUN. Then the excitement of validating in the firing range the results of various experiments.

Just imagine the same thing happening w/ your t68i or p800. Now you know how it feels!

Anyway, after several years of putting up with this sword over my head, I decided to shift my attention somewhere else & played golf instead.

likewise, started tinkering w/PDA'S & mobile phones.

It's a nice feeling knowing that the freedom of possession & enjoyment of these devices are not subject to the mercy and whims of bureaucrats in government who I think enjoy "bullying" those who are law abiding.

boysaint
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-04-14 13:38
golfer,
i understand. we have our P800 now, yeah, and no government can take it away (for now). but it cannot defend our family, our loved ones, our property. i can understand it when we try our best to shift to other interests... trying out new apps on our PDAs, gadgets, photography, etc. but having an interest which can also handily protect our loved ones and property should have been a very nice hobby. an activity going around at the same time with other interests. without the fear of a misguided group or authority may take it away someday.

the 90s, yeah i miss those days too.
golfer
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-04-14 14:08
boysaint,
Oh… don’t get me wrong. I still have my guns to protect my family. It’s just that I am not that engrossed with them anymore. After all a hobby or sport must be enjoyable to be therapeutic. It is frustrating to be limited by factors beyond our control.

doctabako
P990
PM
Posted: 2003-04-14 14:11
@ boysaint nothing specific about that statement. They were just stating that nothing can happen in the next few months and there will be a gun ban anyway during the election period. After elections laxity is the norm as they're still trying to feel their way through hence the generalization. About Sen Lacson, I think she... er he is the strongest contender judging from the pulse of the ordinary man on the street. But of course they can be wrong (I hope). Its common knowledge that Sec. Lina is behind all this bullsh*t and it will be a miracle if he can bag a toilet seat in the next elections.
@ golfer nice discourse on the travails of the filipino gun enthusiast,by the way what was the best load that you came up with during your competition days for modified .45 cal? 4.8 grains?
golfer
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-04-14 14:48
@doctabako... Yup 4.8 the best and 5 plus for the 38. I just can't recall the exact figure at the moment. All my notes went with the Dillon when I sold it.

Well I'm starting to miss the smell of powder. Maybe it's time to visit Jethro at Festival Mall.
boysaint
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-04-14 14:56
golfer and doctabako,
we all have the same views on these things. i hope one of these days we could go to the range and have some fun there, all of us aficionados.

(no, i am not the shooting racer type. am too old for it now. but it would be fun all the same, just being in the range even for a short time, sort of like just plinking, talk about current stuff on this hobby.)
bravofly
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-04-14 17:35
The best gun i've ever used is the 9mm h&k usp. Try it out and you instantly fall in love with it! :-)

This message was posted from a T65

doctabako
P990
PM
Posted: 2003-04-14 17:53
@bravofly The HK USP has a recoil reduction system that is at its best in .45 cal trim, you'll love it more in this caliber. That's why the u.s. socom use it as the mark 23 @boysaint someday ;-)

bravofly
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-04-14 17:59
Sadly you can't own the .45 cal handguns in estonia :-(

This message was posted from a T65

doctabako
P990
PM
Posted: 2003-04-14 18:26
Sorry to hear that, here we are complaining of our government's meddling in the issuance of permits to carry not realizing that other countries have even tighter gun laws. We do have to count our blessings.:-(

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 434445  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic