Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > New to Esato? Please read this forum first > Searching

Author Searching
djchapple
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-13 17:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have two questions.

1. Sometimes i would like to search for a post written by, say, Fred Bloggs. If I enter Fred Bloggs in the search window it tells me that there are "no posts ABOUT Fred Bloggs". Is there any way i can do this search.

2. Say I want to search for a thread containing "T68i", "Service", "Centre" and "Barnet". If I enter three of these words in the search window i am told that there are (say) 3879 posts. If I add all four I am told that there are (say) 5678. If it were searching for all four words the post found must be <= 3879. Can I use clever searching such as "t68i +service +centre +.....etc"?
Eleventy7
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-13 18:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
1. Put the name ur searching for in the "Author" field under "Additional search options", but you still have to put something in the "Search" field for it to search for, u can't just search for all posts from a particular user.

2. I tried what u said and it came up with 1 post with the word "Barnet", and 101 posts without it. Unfortunately it will only find the exact word, so if you search for T68 it won't find T68i.

Hope this helps
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi