12  Next
Author Just Dropped The Baby
psikey
W960
PM
Posted: 2003-03-06 10:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
AHH!
Nearly shit my pants. Only had my P800 for two weeks & I have dropped it. Bounced & skidded across floor

Lucky as it just has a scuff on the top corner near the camera button. Is this Displex any good for getting rid of scratches on the case.

Know its only cosmetic damage but its bloody annoying.

Brando screen protector looked like it had indentation marks from the keypad but has now recovered to original flatness.

kit
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-06 10:50
Hello,

went to the Orange shop earlier this week to play with this baby - we repeatedly asked the saleswomen to do a "drop test" ... almost had her convinced when the manager walked up

Not to be obessive, but how far did the phone drop, and how would you characterize the force the phone withstood when it hit the hard surface? The thing seemed a bit plasticy when i held it. I give the phone a nice squeeze, though it felt solid, you could feel the plastic bending.

cheers
psikey
W960
PM
Posted: 2003-03-06 10:58
Only about 2 foot. Thought I would get more damage with it being a heavy phone. Pen shot out but OK. Landed on concrete floor! Thing is I always put my hand through the hand strap when using but I lost my grip when picking it up of my desk.

No way this will survive like a T68.
tr7v8
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-03-06 13:44
used brasso on my t65 to get rid of light case scratches, it works on perspex so i figured i should try it, worked fine, just takes a while, worked on the screen 2, (but obv noway i'd use it on a touchscreen) just ordered a brando for my just ordered p800, ordered from onestop phoneshop on sat on yp200 @ £124.99 bargain, just dunno how long it'll take till they have them in stock, argh

Tom

[ This Message was edited by: tr7v8 on 2003-03-06 12:45 ]
psikey
W960
PM
Posted: 2003-03-06 13:51
I work in a factory which has a lab & just used some 6 micron diamond paste in alcohol suspension.

Worked well taking out roughness but will need a lot more rubbing yet (looks lot better already )
lazarini
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-06 14:26
Well i dont know if this will make it any better but sme thing hapened almoust a year ago with my week old t68i i droped it out coming outa the car it fell on the gravel and got scratches on the bottom and sides

Regarding my P800 i have a scary story to tell witch in the end finishes ok

I whas clubing the friday before thisone and me and a m8 went to this pub we have never been before ....
We were having a drink when i noticed there were a few lads by the bar giving us the EYE !!!
I went there to ask what whas the problem sencing that smth. whas in the air as i aproached and asked what seems to be the problem they just smiled and looked around ... as i whas returning to my m8 they attacked me from behind and start trashing me with hands and kicking me all ower the place even broke a chair on my back !!! My m8 whas pined down by 2 guys in the corner and coud not help me out ...
They have realy got the works on me and all the time they have kicking me around all i coud think about whas my P800 positioned in the top inner pocket of my jacket !!! As i whas quick to pul my hand ower it probobly saved this horrible story as the police came the attackers ran away and some people in the pub help me on my feet THE FIRS THING I DID WHAS CHECKING MY P800 to se if thers any damage to it and thx god the phone whas undamaget and ok man whas i happy i got the royal beating mostly on my body and a bump neear my eye but that dident concern me that much aslong my phone whas ok ...

The moral of the storY :
KEEP URE P800 AT HOME FOR WEEKEND PARTYING !!!!

Next day at home i made a nice logo for my *reborn* phone ....

HEY I GOT BEATEN BUT MY PHONE IS STILL OK

if u wanna know whaT Ii mean check the picture on this link ...

http://members.lycos.co.uk/lazarini1/pics/p800luck.jpg

regards laz
Ericsson R520m - Nokia 9300i - Nokia E90 - iPhone 8Gb
Sony Ericsson Indonesia
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-03-06 15:08
I Have Dropped My P800 About 10x at least and the worst thing that happened to it was on the day i bought the 64mb duo i dropped the phone onto the road (there are rocks and stuff as you know) the battery cover flew off and the battery came off the stylus got lost (never to be found again) The Duo Stick Was Lost! ( Found The next day on the grass 4 feet away ) Each corner has at least 1 scratch The battery cover is bent the sponge thing underneath the cover was cut off But it still works I am gonna try to see if they can replace everything but... it might cost alot !!
Anuj
P990
PM
Posted: 2003-03-06 15:24
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh [addsig]
psikey
W960
PM
Posted: 2003-03-06 16:16
@lazarini

Did you find out why you got your head kicked in! Or do you always have that effect on people

@Sony Ericsson

You have made me feel a lot better, plus the rubbing with the diamond paste has really worked well (you could say I have a diamond encrusted P800 )
Anuj
P990
PM
Posted: 2003-03-06 16:19
oye thats nasty man !
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2003-03-06 16:33
I Guess u had no insurance! ehh huhh @ laz :) best to get it for that phone nt time u may not be so lucky!!!

This message was posted from a WAP device

lazarini
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-06 17:19
@ piskey no m8 i whas attact the first time in my 13 years of clubbing and going to pubs .....

@ miss uk thats a great idea ill make a few phonecalls abot that thx
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2003-03-07 17:12
lazarini that's a nasty story m8. just goes to show no matter where u are or what ur doing there are always some ignorant twats out there want to start a fight. [addsig]
cyanx7
Z600
PM
Posted: 2003-03-07 18:02
u were beeing thrashed and u're only concerns were with u're phone...?

f*ck the phone lazarini! the phone can be bought - u're ass can't!!!
The garbage man is happy as a young maiden losing virginity...
I GOTTA GARBAGE THREAD WITH MY NAME ON IT! YEAH!
Shithappens just became my blood brother and Bjerkebanen my blood sister...
lazarini
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-07 18:20
@Evoke ure right m8 as i sayd im roaming the pubs for 13 years never in despute fight or any of that crap but as u sayd theres always some people loking to start crap ... @ next post yes the phone whas my primary concern it is worth my 2 month payrolle so u know what i mean m8 ... Regards Laz

This message was posted from a P800

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi