Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > 2.5mm headset jack -> Bluetooth adaptor without headset?

Author 2.5mm headset jack -> Bluetooth adaptor without headset?
Notachance
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-02 11:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'd like to be able to use my HBH-30 with my landline. My DECT handset has a 2.5mm headset jack in it, so what I need is the adaptor section only of the Plantronics M1500, or an equivalent unit that can convert the speaker/mic connections in the 2.5mm jack to a standard Bluetooth headset profile.

Does anyone know of a standalone adaptor product that does this? I've looked pretty hard, and all I get are the Jabra and Plantronics kits that cost a lot more because they come with a headset I don't need.

Any suggestions gratefully received.
Imran
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-03-02 19:54
Notachance, I'm afraid you haven't a chance!

I've been looking for just such a device for ages, and save for the Jabra/Plantronics bits, that aren't available on their own, there's nothing!

My company makes bluetooth power amps, and we don't know of anyone making such a device, or a DECT or deskphone with built-in bluetooth.

It's crazy really. I wish these things were available!
sbwoodside@yahoo.com
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-08-01 08:01
Try this: HBA-001 Bluetooth Phone Adapter

http://mobile.burn.com/review.jsp?Id=398

http://www.hit-inc.com/prd-b13.htm

Let me know if you find one to buy.

simon
Notachance
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-08-01 08:18
You absolute star. Definitely worth reviving this post. Any idea on how much they cost and were to buy? A quick look on Google wasn't much help.
sbwoodside@yahoo.com
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-08-01 23:22
no idea. why don't you use their web feedback form and we can inundate them with requests.
sbwoodside@yahoo.com
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-08-06 08:29
I got a reply!

---

Date: Wed Aug 6, 2003 12:41:55 AM Canada/Eastern
To:
Subject: FW: HBA-001

Simon,

Yes, you can place order with us ! How many do you want to purchase ? Where are you based ? What is your phone number ?

Best Regards,

David Yang

---

I'll keep you posted if you're still interested...

simon

[ This Message was edited by: sbwoodside@yahoo.com on 2003-08-06 07:30 ]
Notachance
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-08-06 09:12
Yes, definitely! If it's cheaper to buy more than one, post the price here and maybe others would like one too.
sbwoodside@yahoo.com
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-08-07 07:09
Here's the next installment

---

Simon,

We do not have minimum order quantity, however, the issue is shipping charge from Taiwan. It will be around US$30 for one set to USA by Federal Express.

Our price to you can be US$60/pcs without shipping charge.

The other US friends buy in small quantity, say 10 sets to share the shipping cost.

Pls advise how do you want us to proceed from here ?

Best Regards,

David Yang

---

Personally, I'm near Toronto, Canada. For me, $30 shipping isn't tooooo bad, so I'm inclined to just order on my own unless convinced otherwise? This thing will let me do something I otherwise simply cannot do at all (assuming it works as advertised), what I want to do, is to use it for voice chat over the internet. I have an HBH-30. Well, my powerbook (apple Mac OS X) doesn't support the "SCO" synchronous-connection-oriented method yet, so until they do, I don't have any other options. What I'll do is plug the 2.5mm jack into the powerbook. Well, I hope to find a little adapter that will split the 2.5mm jack into two jacks, one for the headphone jack on the pwoerbook and the other for the mic jack on th epowerbook but I haven't looked at that (assuming / hoping it's easier to find)

simon

simon
Notachance
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-08-07 09:11
You're probably right: everyone should get their own to avoid anyone getting screwed. I'm in the UK anyway.

One thing I feel I should mention is that, in the interim, the cost of the Plantronics M1500 has plummeted to less than the $90 that the Hit unit will cost. You can now buy the M1500 kit for $80 as "buy it now" on Ebay, for which you get both an adaptor and the headset. According to the manual I downloaded, either unit can be pair to another device (like an HBH-XX).

FYI, I've been looking for a dedicated 2.5mm->2 x 3.5mm adaptor for years, and never had any luck. However, you can build one yourself by purchasing a 2.5->stereo 3.5mm adaptor and a stereo 3.5mm->2 x mono 3.5mm adaptor. If you're feeling adventurous (or want something smaller) you can buy a handsfree kit, cut it up and solder the 3.5 stereo->2 x mono 3.5 in place.
sbwoodside@yahoo.com
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-08-31 21:43
The price turned out to be $60 total including shipping.

$35 for the adaptor, $25 for fedex.

simon
sbwoodside@yahoo.com
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-09-28 00:23
FYI, I've been looking for a dedicated 2.5mm->2 x 3.5mm adaptor for years, and never had any luck. However, you can build one yourself by purchasing a 2.5->stereo 3.5mm adaptor and a stereo 3.5mm->2 x mono 3.5mm adaptor. If you're feeling adventurous (or want something smaller) you can buy a handsfree kit, cut it up and solder the 3.5 stereo->2 x mono 3.5 in place.

It's not so simple, I bought the HIT Inc. adapter and plugged it in with radio shack parts. But, I can only get the signal for 4 seconds and then it turns off. I think that the wiring has another thing to it that indicates whether it's off hook or not. Some kind of signaling mechanism. I haven't figured out how it works yet.

BTW, the Hit Inc. gadget lets me use my bluetooth headset with my old Startac.

simon
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi