Previous  123 ... 78 91011  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy S8 Announced
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-04-28 17:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-04-28 05:50:15, Ranjith wrote:
So Mr.Hello simply denies everything without proof? All Samsungs have bad battery life? Wonder how my S7E still have 10% charge left while I go to bed after having 4G enabled for more than half the day,Wifi rest of the day, AOD for the whole day, BT Music streaming for at least 1.5 hrs and then the regular use.

And wasn't GSM Arena supposed to be Apple biased..that changed now?

what more can you say to people who basically claim all Reviewers, websites and users are paid by Samsung.

As far as they are concerned every person who touches a Samsung is paid by Samsung.

Look at the other one going mad about Sammobile, we are not dealing with logical people here, let them post what they need to get whatever frustration they have with their favourite OEM that is forever late with products.

They have paid more attention to detail to the S8 than any other products on this website, we actually have a nice balance of Pros and Cons of the S8 and S8+ right now, more insight on a phone than ever before

Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-04-29 15:14
Hopefully Samsung will fix this soon :

http://m.gsmarena.com/some_sa[....]omly_restarting-news-24806.php

Anyways gorgeous phone but I will wait for Sony Xperia XZ premium before deciding which one I will buy
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-05-01 04:01

On 2017-04-28 17:22:26, GRANEDE wrote:
Bravo, Sammobile. You guys have the balls to admit the problems within S8 series phones. But looks like in the process they hurt braindead sammmy boys feelings.
https://www.sammobile.com/201[....]tical-of-the-galaxy-s8-and-s8/

This is how a fansite should be. Although they apologize for things that displease samsung's braindead fanboys, something they shouldn't have done, I can appreciate their honesty. After xperiablog this site earns my respect.

They admit that the 5.8-inch Galaxy S8, has subpar battery life. Very unlike a dummy here who just posted a screenshot from samsungarena site to prove S8 has better battery life. LMAO.

They also admit the finger print scanner on s8 is at the most awkward position for fingerprint placement something the dummy here refused to admit and adamant to convince people to it's not a problem. LMAO.

Well done Sammobile. You deserve my salute but you shouldn't have apologize to those braindead losers anyway they will praise samsung even if samsung kills their loved one. So keep up your great work, you will get bigger and better audience than those losers.

So....only the S8, that has the smaller battery has a "sub-par" battery life and pretty much everyone agrees on the awkward finger print reader placement. Thats it? Thats all people have to whine about? Thats quite a win for any manufacturer..having just barely 2 negatives .

BTW a collection of summary round up by paid Samsung sites (well all are, arent they? I guess no need to mention ) :

ArsTechnica UK

With the S8, Samsung has made an Android phone more desirable than an iPhone. For all its faults, for all the ways Samsung could spend less time and money on gimmicks and more on on-going software support, for all the cheaper options out there, there’s no other phone I’d rather have with me. It’s simply irresistible. [Read More]

CNET

The best-looking phone around crushes it in performance, battery life, water-resistance and wireless charging. An external storage slot lets you keep more photos, videos and music. Its awkwardly placed fingerprint reader leads to camera smears and longer unlock times, which is aggravating when you use it to unlock your phone dozens of times a day. [Read More]

Engadget

For the most part, Samsung’s Galaxy S8 is a slam dunk. It’s brilliantly designed, brimming with horsepower and has a beautiful screen. That’s all most people will need, and our gripes are minor. It’s too bad Bixby is still incomplete — its voice interface doesn’t work yet, and the stuff we did get can be hit-or-miss. Fortunately, Bixby is strictly optional, and the rest of the phone is remarkably polished. Long story short, if you’re looking for a new phone, this should be at the top of your list. [Read More]

GSMArena

The Galaxy S8+ is one gorgeous piece of tech with its Infinity display and no amount of black bars can take that away from it. Plus, it’s not like having bezels in their place will do your videos any good.

The camera is barely an upgrade over the Galaxy S7 for your good light or video shooting, but the new image-stacking tech delivers a notable boost in the camera’s weakest area – low light photography. And the front camera got such a major update that it might be enough of an incentive on its own for selfie fans to upgrade.

The chipset is the fastest around, while the software is more polished than ever. And while the battery capacity hasn’t been increased over the S7 edge, the endurance is improved when it comes to web browsing and video watching. [Read More]

TheVerge

The S8 is so well-executed it has a chance to win over people who “aren’t excited by new phones anymore.”
[ This Message was edited by: Ranjith on 2017-05-01 03:03 ]
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-05-01 04:05

On 2017-04-29 15:14:51, aussieland1 wrote:
Hopefully Samsung will fix this soon :

http://m.gsmarena.com/some_sa[....]omly_restarting-news-24806.php

Anyways gorgeous phone but I will wait for Sony Xperia XZ premium before deciding which one I will buy

Lets hope its all just a SW issue.
I ESATO
I W1i

moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-05-01 06:18
^from the sound of it, sounds like either an infinite loop or overload with the biometric security. from reports, people seem to have experience it more when more of those features are turned on. so they should be able to fix it with a software patch. it shouldn't be a concern for most people as i would imagine most are not enabling all those features at once. just the extra paranoid
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-05-01 08:34

On 2017-04-02 16:11:47, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2017-04-02 11:08:34, aussieland1 wrote:
although I said I won't say anything else about the placement of the finger print reader I just wanted to clarify that while I think it is fine to have it on the back of the phone , i believe it is not fine to have it right at the top near the camera lense . The way LG and Google and Huawei had it below the camera lense is the better way

Agreed. I'm not sure why Samsung thought this placement was okay.

@ranjith

Please see my opinion and tsepz opinion of the finger print reader on s8. And yet granede who accused me of having laughable reading comprehension is saying that " dummy here refused to admit and was adamant to convince people it is not a problem". Anyway I will report him again to moderators for yet again name calling people . You shouldn't reply to him anyway as he admitted only being here to ruin the thread as he believes tseoz supposedly did it 2 years ago in Sony threads
atom-bomb
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-05-01 14:19
LOL, @Ranjith. So much effort to reply a simple post. Looks like my comment makes you really agitated. LMAO
If you wondering who am I? I'm grenede. Moderate banned my previous account. LOL.

But don't get too excited yet. I'll create my account faster than they ban me. Even I have to create 731 accounts (1 account per day, 1 comment for I account) in the course of 2 years I'll be here to share my thought on samsung's flagship phones. Two great years to come. Let us all enjoy the ride.
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2017-05-01 17:31
Yes I did
For 3 days as a warning.
atom-bomb
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-05-02 04:04
Another day another problem related to S8 family phone.
https://www.androidheadlines.[....]omplaints-continue-stream.html
There sure are no shortage of problems with S8.

@hihihans, You can permanently delete the account. I'll never use that account as I already abounded grenede account.

[ This Message was edited by: atom-bomb on 2017-05-02 03:05 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-05-02 06:19

Samsung Galaxy S8 burn-in issue is limited to a single phone so far

Another review for S8

http://www.trustedreviews.com[....]erformance-and-software-page-2
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2017-05-02 05:38 ]
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-05-02 06:47
@aussieland1

Yea, some people are just....weird.
Anyway, the only valid excuse Samsung can have for that placement is if they did not get the on screen finger print reader on time.

Im interested in knowing how much does the placement affect in real life though. I suppose almost every time we pick the phone off a table or from our pockets, we are holding it somewhere in the middle which makes the reader accessible. The other time we have the Iris scanner, if the Iris scanner work well I guess people shouldn't really have much of an issue.

Regarding the burn in of the home button, I really think they should send out an update that moves around the button a little more, As of now, it looks like it just shifts only a little. Samsung needs to be on the safer side now.
[ This Message was edited by: Ranjith on 2017-05-02 05:50 ]
I ESATO
I W1i

aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-05-03 20:56
Switching to the Galaxy S8: My first impressions

https://www.sammobile.com/201[....]alaxy-s8-my-first-impressions/
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2017-05-05 09:59
I just recently tested one in a nearby store.
This is the first Samsung in years that have caught my attention.

First things first, the sensors at the top isn't that much of an eye sore and overall, it has a better look than most phone.

But what I didn't like is how it feels in the hand. It felt flimsy to say the least especially when I compared it with the XZ's back.
I don't know but the s7 felt better because the metal sides are alot more prominent.

Anyway, it is a bit tall and I had to use my index finger to on the side to keep it on the right angle.

It was a nice design overall but not that really game changing and by that I mean, it doesn't offer any advantage to other designs apart from saving some space but mind you, what Samsung save up on the upper and bottom bezel they trimmed on the sides so my Z2 looked like it had a bigger screen overall.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-05-05 12:11
I had a very long test between a XZs and S8 and I found that on 90% of tasks the Sony did better. The S8 blew away benchmarks and loaded some games faster but otherwise it couldn't keep up with the Sony. This makes me think that over time the S8 software could be tweaked to make it faster but considering the Sony has an old chipset, it was amazing. The internet speed is insane and I found the video really good and camera more realistic on the Sony but the S8 also takes great images, videos show too much vibration on the S8. One thing that was really good on the S8 was battery life, it lasts way longer than the XZs, its been a while since I've seen that type of battery performance on any phone. I'm a bit sad that the XZs isn't being sold in the UK but I think the XZ Premium will be a great rival for the S8.

@Shino03

I found that the S8 fits beautifully in the hand but its tough stretching to the top and as the home button is so low, I feel like I could drop the S8 easily if I use it single handed. Fingerprint sensor was too frustrating to use so I skipped that. I like the bezel reduction but overall it looks quite ugly, I much prefer the front on the LG G6 but I hat its back. Personally, the bezel proportions and feel of the Z3+ was probably the most comfortable I have used in a while.
atom-bomb
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-05-06 05:50
Oh, look samsung is again cheating with their customers. Like that low class Chinese company huawei they are also mixing their memory storage standard to save money.
https://www.xda-developers.com/the-hardware-lottery-continues-with-the-samsung-galaxy-s8s8-varying-between-ufs-2-1-and-ufs-2-0/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+xda-developers%2FShsH+%28xda-developers%29

They send the ufs 2.1 version for the reviews and keep numb about using ufs 2.o for customer version. Samsung is a such a PoS company. Fortunately for them they successfully brainwashed millions of idiotic people so even with this big scandal their fanboy will come to defend their beloved company. Shame on Samssung and their blind defends.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 78 91011  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic