Previous  123 ... 282930 ... 343536  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Announced
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-21 17:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2015-11-21 14:42:49, Ricky D wrote:
I love the chrome. It is truly stunning although the mirror isn't perfect, it has very slight bend distortion.

I don't have a protector front or back, I run naked . I did drop it already too (on that horrible cobble you get in outdoor shopping centres) not a scratch on the glass or metal, but scratches on the corner inserts.

I haven't run any 4K content excepted the preloaded clips. The screen clarity is noticeably better than 1080p@5.2". It is like a tiny window into another dimension. Mind blowing. How high of a bit rate do you me test?

Battery life isn't as good as my Z3. But it will still last a solid full day. As an example, I got up at 8am, used the maps to get around the city of London until midday, sat on a train for three hours with nonstop streaming music and on WhatsApp and instagram, sat bored in the airport for 5 hours on CoC, music, photos and WhatsApp, then the battery went as I boarded the plane at about 8pm. 12 hours, but constant use. I'll post a screen of the usage later.

I use a SanDisk 64Gb card. Not sure of the spec but it's fine.

My favourite thing about the phone is that it feels solid compared to previous models. I don't feel like the screen or back will lift after a while nor will it bend in my pocket.

Heating hasn't been noticeable more than other recent handsets I've had. My Z3 heats faster, but I suspect that the heatpipes are lose in my Z3.

Thanks for the feedback, as long as the battery last me the whole day (10 hours min) on heavy use its basically good enough. As for the heat, i expact the same as z ultra due to larger size. My z ultra never gets hot even when i game for hours. Would you say z5p is the best xperia yet? i felt like z3 might be the most all around xperia when it first came out?
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2015-11-21 23:15
Congrats Ricky D!

Is it able to play 4K Video outside its Video Player? E.g. play 4K in the YouTube App and Netflix app. like how QHD phones play 1440P vids in those apps.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
xsarahditv
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-22 01:10
Ricky D:

Z5 PREMIUM has a of one-handed operation?features which aim to help with ease of use on the large screen? Such as

http://cdn.gsmarena.com/imgro[....]ots/-200x200m/gsmarena_024.jpg

thanks
[ This Message was edited by: xsarahditv on 2015-11-22 00:12 ]
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-11-22 03:50
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium By GadgetMatch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK72yNOXjY0
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-11-22 05:52
@xenia & @Gitaroo
I wholeheartedly recommend this phone. Most solid feeling Xperia for a long time, maybe as far back as the X10, although I never tried the Z2. Z3 was an extremely good phone when released, but the slight bending encouraged the front and back glass to come loose after time. I can't see any of the same early signals from Z5 Premium.

@Tsepz_GP
I've not tried 3rd party player 4K support yet, youtube is blocked in China, but I'll give it a go through a VPN.

@xsarahditv
I'd not looked for onehanded features to be honest, but now I've had a gander, no dice.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-11-22 06:05

On 2015-11-22 05:52:14, Ricky D wrote:
@xenia & @Gitaroo
I wholeheartedly recommend this phone. Most solid feeling Xperia for a long time, maybe as far back as the X10, although I never tried the Z2. Z3 was an extremely good phone when released, but the slight bending encouraged the front and back glass to come loose after time. I can't see any of the same early signals from Z5 Premium.

@Tsepz_GP
I've not tried 3rd party player 4K support yet, youtube is blocked in China, but I'll give it a go through a VPN.

@xsarahditv
I'd not looked for onehanded features to be honest, but now I've had a gander, no dice.

DarkKrypt
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-11-22 09:52
I'm guessing the bend distortion depends on the distance ? If close is fine, if far it starts to distort?

Ah jeez shame but least it survived the fall unintentionally.

Try this ->

Just click on "Download 4K UHD Fireworks Sample (1.19 GB (1,283,031,189 bytes))"

http://4ksamples.com/4k-uhd-fireworks-sample/

File size : 1.19 GiB
Duration : 1mn 47s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 95.7 Mbps
Audio is between
448kbps and 576kbps

Check out 4ksamples.com for more.

And how's the upscaling ? Try a 720p vid and let us know how you feel about the upscaling.

Battery life seems good for you, if your happy I'll probably be happy pushing mine to two days .I'm pretty on top of my battery life in my Z and z3
I toggle gsm to 3g to hsupa , GPS, WiFi, bt, brightness etc constantly.

Cool was just curious about memory card .

Well then it is a premium phone with a solid premium build
I'm happy with what you've said Ricky d

[ This Message was edited by: DarkKrypt on 2015-11-22 08:58 ]
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2015-11-22 14:01
@Ricky D

According to a lot of sources, you can upscale anything down to 720p to be displayed as 4K... but I want to make sure, will 480p source be upscaled to 1080p or it will not be upscaled at all...
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-22 19:48
Thanks Ricky D for the impression, I heard a lot of praise for the X10, can someone give me a run down on why it was so impressive and what were its competition at the time? It came out before I even own a cell phone.
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-11-23 07:25
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium 4K: What It Is And What It Isn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxNoqMcpB90
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-11-23 17:27
@Xajel and DarkKrypt
I've still not managed to test the 4K in other apps, but will do soon. As far as I can tell upscaling occurs as reported by other sources: @720p and up.Will test 480p soon.

@Gitroo
X10 was a groundbreaker at the time because of the eye-opening introduction of Android and everything it could be. Compared to competition it was about on par spec wise, but Sony pulled it out of the big with design nd UI design, as per usual. Check YouTube for Sony's Rachel UI demo and you should be able to find timescape which was one of the first social network accumulators for smartphones. It truly was spectacular for the time. Build quality was spot on too, only thing at the time that beat it was the IPhone.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-23 17:53
I do find that Erricoson was pretty unique and creative back in the days. I still find Xperia V the best looking phone in history until Sony bought them out then moved everything back to Japan. Its software supposedly still being handle by the Sweden team but nothing like how it was, just sticking as close to stock android as possible starting to feel lazy. With all the multi core SoC, they still haven't come up with their own multi screen operation which is super disappointing.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-11-24 23:46

On 2015-11-23 07:25:48, emerson_shei wrote:
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium 4K: What It Is And What It Isn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxNoqMcpB90

^ SOLID explanation very to the point, clear and thorough like a technician!!
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-11-25 04:30
How To Clean Your Sony Xperia Z5 Premium (Amazing Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMcEmadISwo
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2015-11-25 05:39

On 2015-11-22 19:48:29, Gitaroo wrote:
Thanks Ricky D for the impression, I heard a lot of praise for the X10, can someone give me a run down on why it was so impressive and what were its competition at the time? It came out before I even own a cell phone.

The Xperia X10 was a mix of awesome ideas that were poorly implemented. So it was announced in late 2009, at that particular time it was THEE Android, the 1st to use a 1GHz CPU, it had 384mb RAM, more than any Android in late 2009 and it had the highest resolution screen of any Android in 2009, it's only completion that year was the Motorola Milestone. What it also did was bring one of the 1st truly custom UIs in Android, the problem was that it was on Android 1.6 and SE had done almost too much to it. In terms of design the X10 was second to none and its camera was the best.

What followed was a lot of delays due to the software and so on, the Xperia X10 ended up being released somewhere in early to mid 2010, it had taken so much time that by release the HTC Desire had arrived with more RAM at 512mb, the best custom UI at the time; HTC Sense UI, had the same 1GHz CPU, and it had Android2.1, then the Samsung Galaxy S (i9000) arrived with Samsung's own Hummingbird CPU (now known as Exynos), it to had more RAM (512mb), a custom IU that strongly resembled iOS but was also incredibly fast and feature rich, had a SuperAMOLED Display, a ton of internal storage at the time (8GB), and it to had Android 2.1.

The X10 was then plagued with software update delays, it received Android 2.1 while the Desire and Galaxy S received Android 2.2 Froyo which had the JIT Compiler making them a whole lot faster. Th Xperia X10 also did not have multitouch which the Galaxy S and Desire had, making X10 a tad awkward for gaming, it also did not have a proper Camera flash, the flash was a Camera light it did not flash you had to manually turn it on like a video light and hope it would give enough light, the Desire had a proper flash, the Galaxy S did not even have a flash Androids were just so quirky at the time.

Anyway, the X10 went down as the best looking Android with the worst support, we did get redemption when SE released Android 2.3 Gingerbread for it earlier than Htc and Samsung, skipping 2.2 Froyo, but by that time the X10 was old and successors of it and competition were out. SE made a lot of mistakes with it, the TimeScape UI that was like BB Hub basically aggregated all your social stuff from FB, Twitter to Email in one place, but it lagged like hell and when the update to 2.3 came along TimeScape was removed. MediaScape, the video and imaging hub was great, but TimeScape and MediaScape both were resource hogs and SE eventually stopped developing them, the Xperia Arc and onwards did not have it.

You may go check the Xperia X10 Rachel thread, there were a ton if arguments, complaints and compliments there, people jumped ship in droves due to poor support, some of us stayed, but I eventually gave away my X10 and got the GS2
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 282930 ... 343536  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic