Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Z3+ introduced

Previous  123 ... 910 111213  Next
Author Z3+ introduced
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2015-07-02 23:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
For any current or future Xperia Z3+/Z4 owners in the market for a new car, Chevrolet is thinking about you:

Chevrolet is adding Active Phone Cooling to some future models to keep your phone from overheating

Android Central
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
yuunanase
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-07-03 05:07
Heck, you do not to install a cooler. Just install this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playfulgeeks.gservicefix&hl=en

This fix all of Z3+ overheating problem.
venus, kiki, vulcan, rachael, anzu, akane, nozomi, hikari, hayabusa, tsubasa, yuga, togari, honami, sirius, leo, ivy, surime
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2015-07-03 06:52

On 2015-07-03 05:07:30, yuunanase wrote:
Heck, you do not to install a cooler. Just install this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playfulgeeks.gservicefix&hl=en

This fix all of Z3+ overheating problem.

You would download an app just turn off GPS and Network data? Seriously?

And from the description, it's an app to fix the battery drain issue.. not the overheating problem.

Here's the description:

Description:

"After using app. turn off gps and sync to save battery according to usage."

It will take couple of times to work depending on os version.

Its a workaround for the battery drain bug caused by Services / OS / System.
*Tested on limited devices only .

Services are the background tasks on devices that keeps all of the company's services in sync and updated. This covers basic environment, among other services which results in heavy battery drain of your device.

For all the thanx mailers - happy it worked for you !

I mean, even if you have this, you still cannot take more than a few minutes of 4K Video, you can only play less graphics intensive games, and you would still have to turn the phone off to charge it.

[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2015-07-03 11:14 ]
..function cant coffee without in the morning.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2015-07-03 12:32
Had a week long trial of the Z3+ retail version and have been comparing to the S6 Edge. Performance wise for everyday tasks they are very similar. Most of the time the Z3+ browser will load faster than the Edge, similar performance in other apps and tasks where the difference is less than a second. Edge loads games faster and runs them smoothly. Z3+ loads games slower and runs them just fine but it heats up a little more than the Edge (make no mistake, any phone will heat up during intensive gaming). I feel that the Z3+ could keep up with the Edge but its been restricted to stop overheating which seems to work.

Basic camera by fast launching and without fiddling with any settings except for flash on/off was also quite similar. Edge launches and shoots ridiculously quickly. Quality-wise they are both very good, the Z3+ has definitely improved and to the naked eye, as good as the Edge. I would say that the Z3+ is more natural and the night capture is much better than the Edge. The 4K video test....Edge shutdown after 11 or so minutes while the Z3+ does around 23 minutes which was consistent when replicating but I should say the Edge belongs to someone else and they have other apps and junk going on so not a totally fair test. In a bowl of ice cold water the Z3+ went up to 51 minutes. Compared to intensive gaming, you can get both phones to physically feel the same temperature but they won't stop during gaming so with the 4K recording, they could be shutting off to prevent damage to something but I don't know enough about that.

Edge screen is better but the Z3+ has a brilliant display. Phone and UI design is subjective so I won't comment. Both phones have shoddy battery life but I found I could do a lot more with the Z3+ before it died, I could watch a lot more video on the Z3+ but I don't think you would get the two days usage. My conclusion is that the Z3+ is able to mix it with the Edge and they have done well to optimise the camera and processor. It does feel like a small upgrade of the Z3 which is already awesome so I wouldn't buy one, its better but nothing significantly better. Had this had a new design, I think it would have got a lot more attention and people would actually notice the upgrades.
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2015-07-03 13:22

On 2015-07-03 12:32:54, badassmam wrote:
Had a week long trial of the Z3+ retail version and have been comparing to the S6 Edge. Performance wise for everyday tasks they are very similar. Most of the time the Z3+ browser will load faster than the Edge, similar performance in other apps and tasks where the difference is less than a second. Edge loads games faster and runs them smoothly. Z3+ loads games slower and runs them just fine but it heats up a little more than the Edge (make no mistake, any phone will heat up during intensive gaming). I feel that the Z3+ could keep up with the Edge but its been restricted to stop overheating which seems to work.

Basic camera by fast launching and without fiddling with any settings except for flash on/off was also quite similar. Edge launches and shoots ridiculously quickly. Quality-wise they are both very good, the Z3+ has definitely improved and to the naked eye, as good as the Edge. I would say that the Z3+ is more natural and the night capture is much better than the Edge. The 4K video test....Edge shutdown after 11 or so minutes while the Z3+ does around 23 minutes which was consistent when replicating but I should say the Edge belongs to someone else and they have other apps and junk going on so not a totally fair test. In a bowl of ice cold water the Z3+ went up to 51 minutes. Compared to intensive gaming, you can get both phones to physically feel the same temperature but they won't stop during gaming so with the 4K recording, they could be shutting off to prevent damage to something but I don't know enough about that.

Edge screen is better but the Z3+ has a brilliant display. Phone and UI design is subjective so I won't comment. Both phones have shoddy battery life but I found I could do a lot more with the Z3+ before it died, I could watch a lot more video on the Z3+ but I don't think you would get the two days usage. My conclusion is that the Z3+ is able to mix it with the Edge and they have done well to optimise the camera and processor. It does feel like a small upgrade of the Z3 which is already awesome so I wouldn't buy one, its better but nothing significantly better. Had this had a new design, I think it would have got a lot more attention and people would actually notice the upgrades.

Thanks for the comparison review.

cheers!
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-07-04 06:10
Sony Xperia Z3+ Vs Sony Xperia Z3 Vs LG G4 Vs Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - Antutu Benchmark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9taSTDtMARc
nodarsixar
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-07-04 12:25
NO
zxcorr
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2015-07-05 01:13
PocketNow compares Sony Xperia Z3+ vs Samsung Galaxy S6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heYAgIsaPYY

From what I can see in this video, Z3+ takes better photos.
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-07-05 04:40

On 2015-07-05 01:13:09, zxcorr wrote:

No...It was a clear and incontestable victory of Galaxy S6 !

There is currently no cell phone available for sale to be able to surpass the quality of picture and video from Galaxies S6 Edge, S6, Note 4 and the great LG G4 !!!
[ This Message was edited by: emerson_shei on 2015-07-05 03:40 ]
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-07-05 12:28

On 2015-07-05 04:40:19, emerson_shei wrote:

There is currently no cell phone available for sale to be able to surpass the quality of picture and video from Galaxies S6 Edge, S6, Note 4 and the great LG G4 !!!

Not true really.
a w a r e
zxcorr
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2015-07-05 14:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhrlM9MPJyQ

Starts around 10:23 mark... Z3+ speakers sound worse than Z3 by far.
Very disappointing.
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2015-07-05 18:44
Every time a new Sony phone comes out people say i hope this one has finally got a better camera and it never has in my opinion.

I just think they don't wanna harm their camera sales so they never give their phones camera's that will be better than the competition.

The S6 has a better camera than the Z3 and Z3+ and the G4 is much better than the Z3 and Z3+ plus too.

Look at that smartclub camera comparison earlier in the thread, the Z3+ was shocking in my opinion, even they said it was disappointing, the S6 and G4 was so much better.
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-07-05 18:45

On 2015-07-05 12:28:04, doministry wrote:

On 2015-07-05 04:40:19, emerson_shei wrote:

Not true really.

With Word... DXOMARK And GSMARENA:

http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z3plus-review-1261p8.php

P.S: Sorry Sony Boy
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-07-05 18:50

On 2015-07-05 18:44:53, northmonkey wrote:
Every time a new Sony phone comes out people say i hope this one has finally got a better camera and it never has in my opinion.

I just think they don't wanna harm their camera sales so they never give their phones camera's that will be better than the competition.

The S6 has a better camera than the Z3 and Z3+ and the G4 is much better than the Z3 and Z3+ plus too.

Look at that smartclub camera comparison earlier in the thread, the Z3+ was shocking in my opinion, even they said it was disappointing, the S6 and G4 was so much better.

I Fully Agree With You... Against Facts And Especially Pictures, There Are No Arguments !
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2015-07-05 18:58

On 2015-07-05 18:44:53, northmonkey wrote:

+1

cheers!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 910 111213  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic