Posted: 2015-05-04 16:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Mine has Sony sensor.
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2015-05-04 21:19
I don't see differences in both Edge with Exmor on fbloise and S6 with IsoCell on davidsic. Posible old software records in oficial ROM , same as in Note 4 ? After update users on IsoCell camera show info for Exmor camera in phone

Exmor / IsoCell

davidsic
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2015-05-04 21:39
You're right Sassho, indeed for me it's the same quality
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2015-05-05 03:06
On 2015-05-04 12:53:08, Luca-S wrote:
This explains the average quality of some pictures here.
http://www.gsmarena.com/some_[....]samsung_sensors-news-12142.php

I'd like to reply to that with some links:

from this site:
http://www.androidheadlines.c[....]nt-camera-sensor-variants.html

This shouldn’t worry you though, both of those camera sensors seem to perform great considering the images that these smartphones have provided have been quite consistent thus far. It will be interesting to see if Samsung will release an official statement regarding all this or not, though we really doubt it.

and another:
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015[....]-two-different-camera-sensors/
It is unclear as to why Samsung has decided to use both sensors and it also seems that the handsets are chosen at random, so it’s not like a particular region has the Sony sensor while another has the Samsung sensor. It also seems to indicate that Samsung thinks the sensors are interchangeable.

Is this good or bad news for users? Neither. If Samsung thinks that both sensors are interchangeable, it means that the difference in image quality are most probably on par with each other, or that the differences are so minor that it might not be noticeable to the average user.

and another:
http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]fferent-camera-sensors_id68939

They are seemingly put in at random batches, and Samsung apparently considers them interchangeable, so we wouldn't worry too much whether it's a Sony or a Samung sensor inside, as both the S6 and the S6 edge seem to take some of the best pictures that the mobile industry can currently offer.

and another:
http://www.sammobile.com/2015[....]ng-samsungs-own-camera-sensor/

Samsung didn’t specify the exact camera sensor that it was using in the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 edge, but various teardown tests revealed that it was IMX240 from Sony, which was also used in the Galaxy Note 4. Now, we’ve learnt that some Galaxy S6 and S6 edge units are being shipped with Samsung’s own ISOCELL camera sensor instead of the Sony one.

As you can see in the screenshot below, our own Galaxy S6 edge has a Samsung camera sensor with model number S5K2P2. Details about this new camera sensor aren’t out yet, but we guess that it should be similar to the IMX240 from Sony. Going by our review of the Galaxy S6 and the S6 edge, the camera quality is very good, in fact, a bit better than the Galaxy Note 4.

So I think there's nothing to worry about, as there's really no difference between the two, unless you place more emphasis on the brand rather than the quality of the pics? And as some of the articles have said, "Its how the light is interpreted and processed", is what really matters.

cheers!

[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2015-05-05 05:08 ]
..function cant coffee without in the morning.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2015-05-05 11:06
Its the principle that is wrong. Even if one of the sensors is 1% worse than the other I would be really annoyed if I got the worse camera for the same price. As a consumer I have a right to ask for the one with the better sensor. If there is a shortage of Sony sensors then they should come clean and say they have changed it. If after some software updates one camera becomes buggy, people will be pissed. Regardless of quality, its not nice to deceive us. All it takes is a short statement from Samsung saying that there are different sensors, they don't even need to say why. If they don't come clean, put the phone in a Kinder Surprise so I can stuff myself with chocolate if I don't get the one I want.
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2015-05-05 18:00

On 2015-05-05 11:06:39, badassmam wrote:
Its the principle that is wrong. Even if one of the sensors is 1% worse than the other I would be really annoyed if I got the worse camera for the same price. As a consumer I have a right to ask for the one with the better sensor. If there is a shortage of Sony sensors then they should come clean and say they have changed it. If after some software updates one camera becomes buggy, people will be pissed. Regardless of quality, its not nice to deceive us. All it takes is a short statement from Samsung saying that there are different sensors, they don't even need to say why. If they don't come clean, put the phone in a Kinder Surprise so I can stuff myself with chocolate if I don't get the one I want.

Yup, you do have a point, they should just give out an explanation or something. Like when they did it on the Note 4 and I think the S5 as well? They should've informed the public.

But speaking for myself, if Im forced to choose which sensor I'd want, I'd choose the Isocell. Going by what you said... that future software updates are coming, I'd feel more at peace if I had a samsung sensor. Since its a samsung phone, using samsung firmware, and the updates developed by samsung - it might be less of a headache? Anyway lets hope that that's not the case.

cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2015-05-05 17:12 ]
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-05-05 18:05
Mine S6 Edge has image sensor SONY EXMOR RS IMX240
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2015-05-05 18:09
If any has both camera versions in hands please make camera compare.
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-05-05 18:10
More Samples Comparison Between The Galaxy S6, S6 Edge Sony And Samsung Camera Sensors

http://www.sammobile.com/2015[....]-on-the-galaxy-s6-and-s6-edge/
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2015-05-05 18:15

On 2015-05-05 18:10:21, emerson_shei wrote:
More Samples Comparison Between The Galaxy S6, S6 Edge Sony And Samsung Camera Sensors

http://www.sammobile.com/2015[....]-on-the-galaxy-s6-and-s6-edge/

thanks for that...
I guess all those articles, sayin that there's no difference between the two, are wrong?

Looking at the pics... some pics taken with the Sony seems too blue, wouldn't you agree?

Like this example:

Im no expert, but if I were to guess, I think that the Sony sensor is just too vivid... in its rendering of colors.
That might explain why its pics look so vibrant. (and consequently not natural-looking).

Like this example shows: (the right pic is so vivid)

cheers!

[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2015-05-05 17:43 ]
davidsic
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2015-05-05 19:04
For me S6's camera with Isocell or IMX240 it's a draw

Sometimes i prefer with Samsung sensor, sometimes the "Sony ones" but there's no huge differences imo
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2015-05-05 19:18
Thanks Shei for link. I dont know say - both camera are incredible close as all.

daviep
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2015-05-05 21:11
dooes the isocell sensor have ois?
galaxy note8
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-05-05 21:16