Previous  123 ... 666768 ... 315316317  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumors 2015
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-03-01 16:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2015-03-01 15:53:16, XperiaJunkie wrote:
I think Sony could be onto a winner this MWC even though there is no flagship phone being announced. However I don't think any other major brand is going to announce a flagship tablet so the TZ4 will get a lot of press coverage and if the specs really are flagship grade then I'd expect it to win a fair few awards this MWC which will only help it's popularity.

But the tablet is a 2nd tier device after the smartphone, which is what people buy first and then go for a tablet. If sony can pull of the keyboard at a good price and some good features like built in battery and perhaps some ports, then maybe they will have a winner on their hands, otherwise if sony prices it too high or limited availability then it is dead in the water.

HTC M9 is to go on sale in mid march, not sure if that means shipping or just ordering. Assuming the S6 also goes on sale in mid march, and Sony decides to delay their Z4 intro then either make it a fantastic phone or ship it the same week as it is introduced.
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-03-01 16:56
There is only one thing I'll really be looking out for in the TZ4 and that is the S-Master digital amp. The rest of the specs will come second place for me if and it's a big if it's included as it will also be in the Z4 and I will be getting both on launch day if that is the case.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
JohnnyNr.5
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-03-01 18:38
Now that I know what the competition (S6/One M9) has to offer I hope for Sony's sake they won't make the same mistake as sammy and htc did. Reading some techsites/forums no one is complaining about the lack of a QHD screen or 4GB RAM (M9) BUT entirely about no evolution in design! Regarding S6:Even though many are "thrilled" by its design (especially S6 edge) Lack of expandable storage + non replaceable battery has hit the samsung fan base quite hard. What I mean: At first I was afraid that the absence of QHD would be marketing wise a disaster, but I think I misinterpreted the market and its consumer. Gone are days where you could "bait" people with megapixel cameras and displays and such stuff. Persuasive marketing and advertising don't work now, at least not as good as it did before. Long story short: Keep the Z lines goodies (Battery life, IP rating, expandable storage..) but listen to the critics (less bezel, more ROM, better camera sw) and you have a winner.
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2015-03-01 19:42
Remember about adding some of the stuff that competition has done right - IR blaster, wireless charging, revamped and improved UI's and if possible fingerprint scaner
That would make it the combination of both S6 and One M9.
JohnnyNr.5
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-03-01 19:59
^ wireless charging is rumored to come with z4. IR blaster is nice to have, but who really needs a fingerscanner?
BTW: Another point competition has done wrong -> pricing

Galaxy S6: €699 32GB; €799 64GB ; €899 128GB

The Galaxy S6 Edge will cost €150 more. €849, €949, and €1049
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-03-01 20:26
^^ the features you both listed are a must for z4 to be competitive and justify itself as z3 successor especially when they have the guts to delay it and not announce ANY high end flag at mwc (z ultra sucessor i'm looking at you...). i'll add z4 features: new camera sensor imx230 if possible, fast charging, 32bg/64bg + sd slot, more durable glass or entirely new design with more durable glass to punch both s6 and m9 in the face. and let's not forget g4 announcement is right around the corner. z4 better be something big.

regarding s6, I don't find usefulness in the curved edges so much to pay extra for it. accurate fingerprint scanner adds more security and more useful then curved edges. i quite like the m9 a little more but the camera quality is questionable and i don't like they did not increase the display size to 5.2". for me bigger display = better. if i had to choose between s6 or m9 i'd probably go with samsung but that is only first impression.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2015-03-01 19:36 ]
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-03-01 20:43
I wouldn't need an IR blaster, fingerprint scanner I wound want, I had one on my older Vaio S13 and it was a treat, especially using to log into windows and websites, no need for passwords. If Sony adds one, no idea where it would go seeing as there is no front facing button on the Z1 line so they would need to add one or the more likely option, there will be no fingerprint scanner.

for a new sensor, well who knows, if they delay the phone to late march/early april announcement then perhaps yes for the imx230 and shipping 2-3 weeks later but I am still not that hopeful. DDR4 ram would be nice but I have no idea how much of a difference this would make on battery and speed for the phone. Quad HD is not necessary, while a nice marketing strategy, it will not be a major benefit for the battery. I am still wondering how well the S6 line will hold up with a 2550mAh battery which is smaller than the S5s, considering S6 now has quad HD and S5 only had full HD.

the verge is not satisfied with the new M9's camera, stating too much noise and still mediocre picture quality.

When is the G4 supposed to be announced? MWC as well?
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-03-01 21:01
Tomorrow will be interesting as the TZ4 will most likely give a very good indication as what to expect on the Z4, although I'd keep the 1080p display unless QHD can match the battery performance of the Z3. I also think it will have cover free ports, removing the magnetic charging dock and go wireless. The inclusion of the IMX230 would be great to go along with a new UI and yes I'm mentioning it again the S-Master digital amp along with a design refresh would be more than acceptable as I like Omibalance design just have a material that has a bit more grip on the back.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-03-01 21:09
@ascariss
If sony decide to implement a finger print scanner it would have to be the new tech that let them implement it behind the display so there is no need for a special physical button (you only need to touch the display to activate it!). they would punch samsung and apple really hard with this superior scanner. either that or no scanner at all. lg will have their own event after mwc, like in recent years, in april if i recall.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2015-03-01 20:13 ]
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-03-01 21:46

On 2015-03-01 21:09:43, amirprog wrote:
@ascariss
If sony decide to implement a finger print scanner it would have to be the new tech that let them implement it behind the display so there is no need for a special physical button (you only need to touch the display to activate it!). they would punch samsung and apple really hard with this superior scanner. either that or no scanner at all. lg will have their own event after mwc, like in recent years, in april if i recall.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2015-03-01 20:13 ]

it could happen, Sony did patent a screen based fingerprint scanner almost 3 years ago but checking out the patent it seems to use a camera behind the screen? Apple has another method but also screen based. Did find this

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]y-to-be-unveiled-in-H1_id66433

Hopefully Sony makes use of it, would be a nice surprise. At this moment who knows. Seems the LG G3 was announced in late May, So wonder if this trend will continue or LG will try to introduce the new G4 sooner.
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-03-01 23:57
Only advantage s6 has over z4 is going to be its SoC. Snapdragon has fallen way behind. Z4 final spec is going to be similar to m9 I think. Maybe 4 gigs lddr4 ram, water proofing and usb 3.2 c port.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-03-02 05:12
No info on internal storage so close to the announcement? are we still going to see microSD or will we see large internal options like the S6?

I would happily forego microSD or 128GB internal. I recently had a bad experience doing a transfer to external memory process. Lost about 80-100 photos of my 1 year old twin daughters. With all internal one would hope for more reliability than a 3rd party microSD card.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2015-03-02 06:37
Knowing that both S6 and M9 comes with microUSB, and Z4 will come later.. is it possible that it will have they new Type C connector ?

And that S6, it's seems to be a blend of iPhone 6 metal frame with Xperia's front and back glass... does Samsung has any creative designers in the mobile department ? no really do they ?

No microSD... yeah blah
jjjajjj
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2015-03-02 06:57
after seeing the S6/S6E ,Sony NEEDS to step up their game design wise.
WiTh LoVE
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2015-03-02 07:18
New Z4 tab and cute speaker announced with M4.
http://www.gsmarena.com/thinn[....]peria_z4_tablet-news-11380.php
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 666768 ... 315316317  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic