Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumors 2015

Previous  123 ... 299300301 ... 315316317  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumors 2015
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2015-10-14 23:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
^ they are using their own criteria so from that perspective the results are in fact legit..

Now, when it comes to real world performance and IQ the results from their tests don't hold any value at all.
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-15 00:04
if only people learn to read beyond the final dxomark score. the sub-scores tell the whole story you need.
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2015-10-15 17:43

On 2015-10-15 00:04:12, miromiromi wrote:
if only people learn to read beyond the final dxomark score. the sub-scores tell the whole story you need.

Ok let's see, we will use a Nokia 808 for example. Let's look at flash score, just as a reminder, 808 PureView is equiped with a real xenon flash, just like any digital camera. We will compare it with Z5 (because it's first in the table). Z5 comes with normal LED flash, which is probably pretty weak (I know from experience that Z3 LED flash is, so I'm assuming not much has changed) And here are the scores:

Flash score from DxOMark Mobile

Nokia 808 PureView: 81
Sony Xperia Z5: 91

So in some way you are right, the sub-scores tell me all I need to know, DxOMark is a total bullshit
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-15 18:47
The score for flash is more than just how bright the flash is. The most important factor with flash photography is how the sensor exposes the shot after the flash. Evidently, while the Z5 has a weaker flash in terms of brightness, it must produce much better exposures than competing cameras.

What about that is bullshit?

What makes any of you here so qualified in terms of photography to do boldly claim that DxOs scores and methodology is flawed, just because the numbers do not align with your predispositions.

Note, the Z5 has poorer noise and artefact scores than other leading smartphones, but is much better in other areas such as exposure, white balance autofocus, etc. Which is what makes it the beat smartphone camera to DxO.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-10-15 18:52
Is putting a number on something so subjective as rating of a flash is giving an accurate view of reality?
Reverse that.
Is putting a number of something so subjective as rating of a flash total bs?

Q: Who would win in a race between a cheetah and a sailfish?
A: Depends where they're racing (in the Atlantic or the Serengeti)

Understand the reasoning, not the scores, and one might find why one flash is not as good as another in the given circumstances and the point of view of the tester.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
SEXperiaPro
Sony Xperia Acro S
PM
Posted: 2015-10-17 07:14

On 2015-10-13 06:37:25, thetube wrote:
I don't agree in anyways. After complaining about the build quality and design, you lost me. You are giving LG as an example? Give me a break..

Sorry but Sony is placing itself in premium segment. So if you can't afford the latest Z series, I recommend you wait a little for price to drop or buy the former Z series.

Sorry late reply, but please show me a recent Z series phone that can survive this and I'll gladly take back the "shit built quality" comment. http://youtu.be/02bwjypBwj4

I understand I'm dealing with mostly blind delusional fanboys here but you have to get out of that shell eventually, wake up. I can afford any Z series just fine, the problem is THEY ARE NOT WORTH THEIR ASKING PRICE. Come release I'll be buying a LG V10, and at the end of the day I'll know damn well I bought just about the best phone I possibly could at the time. With the Z series it's never like that. As soon as one is release every one is looking forward to the next one since the current one is never up to par with the competition. Rinse and repeat over and over again
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-17 07:44
for the record, none of the xperias tested by android authority (the same people behind that video you're linking there) ever had a broken screen.
i repeat, NONE.

and the LG V10 you're bragging? it cracked.

the first xperia z was dropped onto tiled floors at chest level by a sony rep at their MWC booth (or was that IFA). xperia Go was even run over by a car. a taiwanese tv channel reported an xperia v getting recovered from beneath the sea days after it fell and it still works. complain about the screen and camera but you can't do the same about the build quality.

but then again you're calling people fanboys and delusional. you don't really deserve a reply, do you?
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2015-10-17 12:54 ]
kabiluddin
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-17 08:53

On 2015-10-17 07:44:15, miromiromi wrote:
for the record, none of the xperias tested by android authority (the same people behind that video you're linking there) ever had a broken screen.
i repeat, NONE.

the first xperia z was dropped by onto tiled floors at chest length by a sony rep at their MWC booth (or was that IFA). xperia go was even run over by a car. complain about the screen and camera but you can't do the same about the build quality.

but then again you're calling people fanboys and delusional. you don't really deserve a reply, do you?
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2015-10-17 06:54 ]

No he does not deserve a reply. Arguing with * person like him is a waste of time because the moment you disagree with person like him they will insult you. Its better to left * like him alone where they think their choice is the best and other people's choice is shit. Why do I feel like * from Phonearena are visiting here more and more? I feels like they are not satisfied with trolling there now they have to come here for more trolling.
[ This Message was edited by: hihihans on 2015-10-17 09:21 ]
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2015-10-17 10:16
Hey guys! Watch your language
winnerzero
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2015-10-17 10:36
I for one will be getting the z5 conpact on release...best phone out there imo... Each to their own... Although it is an old video, I would much rather be able to do this with my phone...https://youtu.be/slngeQtyTlg
[ This Message was edited by: winnerzero on 2015-10-17 09:37 ]
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-17 13:08

On 2015-10-17 07:14:50, SEXperiaPro wrote:

On 2015-10-13 06:37:25, thetube wrote:
I don't agree in anyways. After complaining about the build quality and design, you lost me. You are giving LG as an example? Give me a break..

Sorry but Sony is placing itself in premium segment. So if you can't afford the latest Z series, I recommend you wait a little for price to drop or buy the former Z series.

Sorry late reply, but please show me a recent Z series phone that can survive this and I'll gladly take back the "shit built quality" comment. http://youtu.be/02bwjypBwj4

I understand I'm dealing with mostly blind delusional fanboys here but you have to get out of that shell eventually, wake up. I can afford any Z series just fine, the problem is THEY ARE NOT WORTH THEIR ASKING PRICE. Come release I'll be buying a LG V10, and at the end of the day I'll know damn well I bought just about the best phone I possibly could at the time. With the Z series it's never like that. As soon as one is release every one is looking forward to the next one since the current one is never up to par with the competition. Rinse and repeat over and over again

I have a Z Ultra from the beginning and it has suffered from very ugly drops. If you like I can upload a video. As an engineer I advise you to stay away from LG but its your decision afterall. But I foresee that you are going to complain about its quality after 2.5 years in a lg forum.

My friend dropped his G3 on sand (SAND!) and he got shattered screen. I am writing these on real life experiences. If samsung had a less bloated software they would be the first choice for me after their S6 and Note 5 phones. But lg is very weak on software and hardware.

By the way I have 5.1.1 on my Z Ultra without any lags and bugs, what does lg g2 have right now?

Was lg g4 released this year? So what is this V10 out of nowhere? Guess lg g4 users are mad since a new one just got announced named V10 instead of G5 and what? Just after 6 months... Whats the chipset? 808? Well Sony at least puts the latest SoC, and Z5 series even solved the overheating.

Well Z5 Premium is a better handset on paper than V10. So its your choice of course. Free will. But the fact is why do you feel the need to post something like that? Go to a lg forum and share your enthusiasm there. Of course again, free will.

So good luck for you with your next phone.
[ This Message was edited by: thetube on 2015-10-17 12:09 ]
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-17 14:04
^ seriously? sand? dried sand-cement mix? or thin layer of sand with a rock underneath? that sounds incredible!

i think samsung no longer has that much bloated software in their most recent flagships. lg is not really that bad either.
truth be told, almost all flagships nowadays are already a great choice. the disadvantages are compensated for by the distinctive features. even htc has ditched the dual camera ultrapixel gimmick.

let's put an end to this for now. sony fans are classier i would like to presume. we complain with the xperia as the standard, not other brands. before choosing sony, we already accepted the flaws and feted the advantages. we can coolly handle the occasional trolling.
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2015-10-17 18:12
Is the Z5+ just a vague rumour (for example: XR2) or very likely (for example: XR4 and above)? What about Z5 Ultra? What's the most we know for either of these two?
Check this for the latest on the upcoming Sony phones for 2013: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AreyfktYnDHtdHN0bVFPdUFJd0ZiNzZQcjMwV1I5M0E#gid=0
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-17 22:43

On 2015-10-17 14:04:12, miromiromi wrote:
let's put an end to this for now. sony fans are classier i would like to presume. we complain with the xperia as the standard, not other brands. before choosing sony, we already accepted the flaws and feted the advantages. we can coolly handle the occasional trolling.

give me a phone with only good and zero bad/flaw. Why do you use phone xxx as reference/standard if phone xxx does not have zero complain from all of its users?

you can compare phones, but all phones have their own flaws. there is no golden standard phone where everyone should reference/base their comparison
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-10-18 03:52
Having played with my father-in-laws new Surface Pro, I am seriously disappointed to not hear more about a productive 12 incher. I may be looking at a Samsung or, god forbid, iPad Pro..
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 299300301 ... 315316317  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic