Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumors 2015

Previous  123 ... 254255256 ... 315316317  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumors 2015
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-08-22 11:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I think what Sony are going for is lower volume, but more profitability. They can't get Apple or Samsung numbers, at least not right now. Just need to establish themselves in a niche - which they have in Europe and Asia. Need to get just a sliver in the US to get people aware.

As long as the division is profitable, it can be virtually self-sustaining. If suddenly demand increases because their phones garner more attention and interest, they can scale up production.
penguino
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-08-22 12:34
Thing is - Sony's sales are too low to be profitable and products are not exclusive and expensive enough to make money with lower sales.

On 2015-08-22 05:32:50, moogoo wrote:
this will be the end of the 2nd year of omnibalance. rumor is 2016 brings a refreshed design.. so it's about the same timeline as other companies.

3rd year. Omnibalance started at the beginning of 2013 and still almost nothing changed. HTC did the same thing (M7, M8, M9) and they're also loosing money. 3 years with no change is too much.

On 2015-08-22 09:20:24, tai020381 wrote:
(If its really using. Still hoping for Helio X20 but unlikely xD)

I don't want Mediatek because it means rubbish GPU and update issues.

On 2015-08-22 09:46:26, amirprog wrote:
Sony does not sell as well as samsung, apple, lg and some other brands not because of incremental design over 3 years but for lack of or non existent marketing/availability/carrier support and maybe also 2 main flags a year that ruin anticipation and media hype, etc. even if the incremental design changes would be more significant i doubt it will significantly affect xperia z sales if at all.

It would. Sony devices are still popular, people are still searching for them but Sony fails to deliver a device competetive enough to buy it. Design is a very important deciding factor for many people but when you see the same old, used design, when you read all those articles and comments about it - you just quit. Noone would pay quite a lot of money for an expensive phone that won't make you feel new, modern, special. Limited carrier avability in the US is a minor thing. We're talking about consumer electronics - in most cases design is more important than everything else.
[ This Message was edited by: penguino on 2015-08-22 11:34 ]
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-08-22 13:05
New phone has appeared on the FCC from 12th of Aug but unknown if this is a new phone or reissue since there is a change in ID request form as well.

https://fccid.io/PY7-PM0818

PY7-PM0818 aka Orion Gina from the label. Model PY7-PM801 was the original Z3 (D6616).

Seems 2 more models, reports are from 2013, but there is also applications now from august 2015.

PY7-PM-0500 https://fccid.io/PY7PM-0500, also a Z1 original, C6902

PY7-PM-0460 https://fccid.io/PY7PM-0460, this was the original Z1, C6906. Here is the test report

https://fccid.io/document.php?id=2707702

Shows the model as PY7-PM-0450 (C6903) in the docs, software version 14.1.G.1.241, mind you this report is from 2015, but it seems the device is the old Z1? Even has a magnetic port which we know the new Z will not.

Finally a PY7-PM-0650 model, also originally a Z1, C6943.

I have no idea what sony is doing here, this is the first time I see a re-issue of the same model number but 2 years later, I've seen fcc docs were sony just asks for permission to re-submit the same docs for testing for the same device but only different model, dual vs single sim.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-08-22 13:32
@penguino
I agree that design is important and that they might need to make slightly more significant incremental changes as a new strategy but to me it appears that their first major problems remains what i listed above but more change in design might be a move in the right direction. i don't see limited carrier availability in the US as a minor thing. regarding glass design, some people are afraid of buying glass back devices because they are more prone to cracks and shattering but i don't know how much this affects their sales.
i think htc is not selling well first of all because of below par camera quality, a huge bezel that front speakers don't cover up for it and only one display size option (5") more then design and for other reasons i assume but i can see the similarity to sony and importance of more significant incremental design change.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2015-08-22 12:33 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-08-22 16:54
@ascariss, my instictive reaction is that it's a rehoused older model that will be given a mid-range name. The letter there states electrically identical but, additionally, external photos and labels etc are provided meaning externally it is not the same.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Ebato
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2015-08-22 23:59

On 2015-08-22 11:48:34, -XYZ wrote:
I think what Sony are going for is lower volume, but more profitability. They can't get Apple or Samsung numbers, at least not right now. Just need to establish themselves in a niche - which they have in Europe and Asia. Need to get just a sliver in the US to get people aware.

As long as the division is profitable, it can be virtually self-sustaining. If suddenly demand increases because their phones garner more attention and interest, they can scale up production.

The only two markets that matter is the US and China (aside from Japan, that they have lost to apple already). Europe, they are still struggling aside from the UK, which is a relatively small market, even by EU standards. Sony has been out of top10 lagdroid manufacturers since March, they are not going back anytime soon, at least not with those pathetic releases and certainly not with two flagships a year. Basically, Sony mobile is beyond irrelevant now, anywhere where it matters. Sony Mobile is on the way out, same as their TV branch (one is a separate company already and the other is going to be soon). Both are going the way of Vaio, and don't let the corporate PR BS fool you. As a consumer, investing any further into the mess of an ecosystem which is sh!tdroid as well as the loosers (aka sony) of that ecosystem is insane, plain and simple.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-08-23 00:17

On 2015-08-22 23:59:56, Ebato wrote:

The only two markets that matter is the US and China (aside from Japan, that they have lost to apple already). Europe, they are still struggling aside from the UK, which is a relatively small market, even by EU standards. Sony has been out of top10 lagdroid manufacturers since March, they are not going back anytime soon, at least not with those pathetic releases and certainly not with two flagships a year. Basically, Sony mobile is beyond irrelevant now, anywhere where it matters. Sony Mobile is on the way out, same as their TV branch (one is a separate company already and the other is going to be soon). Both are going the way of Vaio, and don't let the corporate PR BS fool you. As a consumer, investing any further into the mess of an ecosystem which is sh!tdroid as well as the loosers (aka sony) of that ecosystem is insane, plain and simple.

So what would you have us do?
Buy an iPhone? Now, its a lovely phone, but doesn't fulfil my needs as a smartphone user...

If you hate Android so much, and dislike Sony, why do you post here?
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2015-08-23 02:35
Sony definitely knows that the market has changed that's why they have little priority over marketshare. The only way manufacturers can survive right now in this highly competitive ecosystem is to occupy a niche which is the high-end.

It's all about what is unique and useful that is not found on others. It's just a matter of time when Samsung and Lg's marketshare will drop significantly. Their midrange phones are becoming more or less like chinese brands and I am happy that Sony has reduced their midrange phones

Sony has a lot of potential to differentiate itself from the others especially when it comes to camera and audio.
[ This Message was edited by: Shino03 on 2015-08-23 01:42 ]
Ebato
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2015-08-23 03:21

On 2015-08-23 00:17:50, -XYZ wrote:

On 2015-08-22 23:59:56, Ebato wrote:

So what would you have us do?
Buy an iPhone? Now, its a lovely phone, but doesn't fulfil my needs as a smartphone user...

If you hate Android so much, and dislike Sony, why do you post here?

I still use the original Z (overheating like hell after 5.1 and even with 4.4.4... for some weird reason). What will I get next? I have not decided yet. But it's not going to be lagdroid or sony. I want timely updates without waiting for carriers. In that case -- Windows 10 Mobile or iOS are the only options.

Everyone is free to buy whatever they want and most people are entitled to opinions. I've expressed mine, most people here will not like it, but I think you already have a guess as to how I feel about it
maloqs
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2015-08-23 03:58
Please complaint at sonymobile.com forum,you are at the wrong place. We expect rumours but not bunch of complaints.
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2015-08-23 06:59
Why lagdroid? My Z1 and my wife Z never lag. BTW, both of us are using lollipop and we have no problem at all. If you are having problem after upgrading, that's mean you are not doing it right.

Regarding the design, judging from the leaked dummy phone with case, the changes seems significant but it is hard to tell. Looking at the rounded corners and edges, it looks nice. The leaked images don't do any justice.
[ This Message was edited by: MyP910 on 2015-08-23 06:00 ]
Ericsson t10, T310, P800, S600, P910, P990, SEX1, SEX10, SEXArc, XZ, XZ1
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2015-08-23 10:23
She is a little insecure troll girl looking for some attention and you are giving her that.as long as u do she will come out of her cave to visit Sony forums
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2015-08-23 14:13

JohnnyNr.5
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-08-23 16:53
One week left and no major leaks.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-08-23 20:59
The 26th is a week before the 2th. teasers coming soon...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 254255256 ... 315316317  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic