Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 153154155 ... 315316317  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumors 2015
nodarsixar
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-05-23 23:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I like Front panel from Levander design...........
NO
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2015-05-24 03:28
Little bit off topic. But in my opinion what Sony should do is better build quality for current available flagship (Z3, Z3c) by developing quality management while manufacturing. And the second and most important thing boosting the software side of features for Z3/Z3c, not just for the upcoming Z4, which would be just a facelifted Z3.
What I mean.
1. Improving camera.
Sony should add at least a manual camera mode with manual shutter speed for current flagships. If it's possible to implement a more adequate image processing and better digital image stabilisation.
Before Z3c I had Xperia V. That's true that in pitch dark Z3c beats almost every phone, but indoors for example the Xperia V did better job. With richer captured textures, better contrast, and in some situations even better details. Not to mention that Xperia ray's digital image stabilisation algorithm beats V's and Z3c's as well.
2. Deeper integration of Xperia theme engine like in the Android 4.3-4.4 UI. The 5.0 design is a matter of taste, but I don't like that themes doesn't change many things just some accent colours. I liked how they changed the desing and backgrounds in all stock applications before 5.0. It isn't that hard to give us the freedom of choice, what I really liked in 4.3 and 4.4.

And why should Sony do this software improvements for current flagships as soon as possible? Because they sell Z3/Z3c as current flagships.

Personally I think that Sony can announce at IFA a killer device by it's specifications, but who will believe them that it would have great real life performance, judging them by current or past failures.
The software improvements cold bring good reputation for current models. It isn't irrelevant that current flagship owners or potential buyers of Z3/Z3c are satisfied with their phones or gets disenchanted and decides and advices to other people not to buy Sony.
That's why it's important to upgrade the camera software, to turn Z3/Z3c camera really good, because everyone knows that it only performs better in complete darkness, while in most of situations isn't better than any midrange model of any manufacturer. Even Sony's 2012 models perfom overall better than Z3/Z3c.

Finally I think that is a shame, that even ZTE became far more innovative than Sony even in terms of desing, camera software. And like any manufacturer, who uses Sony's sensors, it brings out the most of it, unless Sony does in it's own phones. These experiences prove more and more the presumption that Sony doesn't even want to bring good camera performance in any sense in smartphones, because they consider it would threaten their compact camera sales (which would decrease anyhow in my opinion, judging by global trends).
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2015-05-24 08:20
I still don't get it why xperia's camera software was suck while it hardware' s great -_- -_- -_-

I believe they can hire a good programmer to fix this annoying issues but why did they don't do so.

WTF ?!
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2015-05-24 10:10
They tried, before few months the Sony camera business team had some influents in the mobile camera software, but sadly even Sony Digital Camera software is not good, ( both Alpha and CyberShot ) for the exact same reason: the post process engine and JPG engine
JohnnyNr.5
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-05-24 10:16
maybe they didn't want to compete with their cybershot devision. but since the market for digital compact cameras has collapsed (not talking about RX like compacts) we could see huge improvements in smartphone imaging in the future.
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2015-05-24 11:20
But, if we could see improvements in camera performance, I want to see in current models' software, which use the IMX 220, what should be a good hardware. Couldn't be that hard to add at least a manual mode like ZTE nubia Z9 has. Good reputation and consumers' satisfaction can be achieved -I think- by present models performance, not by future models specifications.
Otherwise if the next flagship will have better hardware, I won't pay for it, just to experience that it brings the same mediocre performance as any midranger model.
[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2015-05-24 10:30 ]
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-05-24 11:36

On 2015-05-24 10:16:31, JohnnyNr.5 wrote:
maybe they didn't want to compete with their cybershot devision. but since the market for digital compact cameras has collapsed (not talking about RX like compacts) we could see huge improvements in smartphone imaging in the future.

Collapsed a strong word, but it is shrinking each year. But Sony last month unveiled 2 new compacts, the WX500 and HX90 so they are not ready to exit the market just yet. Both cameras lack 4K recording, so perhaps this will be saved for the RX line.

The IMX220 is a good sensor but I feel Sony wants to move towards the IMX230 or perhaps another model which has not been announced, who knows.

Clearly Sony has the new G4 to challenge with it's camera, but I am not holding my breath in Sony delivering a better camera than the G4, hopefully it will be at least the same as the G4. Perhaps Sony will surprise us finally and deliver something amazing.
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2015-05-24 12:02
They can develop IMX 230, it can be a better hardware (but reduced individual pixel size can't ba an improvement), they can deliver with next flagship a better sofware also. But there are many dissatisfied Z3/Z3c users, just like me (not to mention Z1, Z2 users), and they should improve firstly present flagships' camera software (adding at least a manual mode just like Nubia Z9's can't be that hard), because these models are in use in present, these models wants Sony to sell for a few more months, and these models can't satisfy camera centric users, if they bought/buy it.

The worst is, when somebody wows that you have a Z3c, and asks it has the 20 MP camera, it should take super great photos. In this situation you say yes, and praise your phone. You can't say that you was that dumb, and bought it, while it doesn't take better pictures in most conditions than this person's phone, excepting completely dark environments, where it beats any phone.
[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2015-05-24 11:18 ]
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-05-24 13:08

On 2015-05-24 12:02:06, puestadelsol wrote:
They can develop IMX 230, it can be a better hardware (but reduced individual pixel size can't ba an improvement), they can deliver with next flagship a better sofware also. But there are many dissatisfied Z3/Z3c users, just like me (not to mention Z1, Z2 users), and they should improve firstly present flagships' camera software, because these models are in use in present, these models wants Sony to sell for a few more months, and these models can't satisfy camera centric users, if they bought/buy it.

I agree, the IMX220 sensor is a good sensor and it deserves proper software but new software for the Z1/Z2 people, don't hold your breath. Sony will not make money by releasing a major camera update for the Z1/Z2, perhaps Z3 since it is still on sale. But if any update would be to come, Z3+/Z4 is the more likely candidate since it should bring in more money but there is a risk of alienating the current group of Z3 users who spent money on the Z3 and would be left out in the dark with no update, but Sony should then release this update for the Z3 crowd. Most probable update would be with the November flagship. But all is speculation.

Sony has moved away from the IMX220, the IMX230 while smaller should be better in some aspects, at least in the focus speed with PDAF. The tech is the same, stacked CMOS but the 230 can record 4K HDR, 220 can't. Apart from the IMX377, which is not destined for mobile, the 230 is the newest, along with the unannounced IMX234, which feels like a derivative of the 230. While the 234 has less megapixels, it is also smaller than the 230 so the unit cell size is the same. The most ideal situation would be for Sony to use the IMX240, which has slightly larger unit cell size. But then not sure if 1.12 vs 1.2 would make such a huge difference in image quality or noise. I am against Sony going to a smaller sensor size but as LG has shown, this doesn't have to affect the image quality and if Sony plays their cards right then the IMX230 should be a great performer. I can live with a F2.0 lens but if Sony is able to fit a 1.9 or even 1.8 lens with the IMX230, I am all for it. A f1.8 and 1/2.4 sensor should be a bit better in low light than the G4 but Sony will somehow screw it up and make it worse. Of course OIS is a must, leaving it out would be foolish.

The LeTV Max is one of the first to get the IMX230 so it will be good to see how it behaves in the real world with real world samples. The funny thing, the LeTV Max if anything is like a Z Ultra, but updated, 6.3 inch 2K screen, SD810, 4GB ram and a 21MP camera with dual tone flash. I can't seem to find the thickness of this LeTV Max but the ZU seems thinner. The bezel on the LeTV Max is quite narrow and feels like something similar to the Sony Lavender, so perhaps this thin bezel design is what is to come from Sony in the design department, if I recall the Y design had this. If a chinese company can build something like the LeTV Max then Sony could easily do it and make it thinner with the same specs.

Finally 2 more things, Manual control would be awesome but it will be saved for a more better flagship, so November flagship hopefully along with RAW support. And Android M, 6.0, expected to be shown at Google I/O in 4 days time. Unlike last year, it seems Google is bringing it one month ahead vs last (June 2014) so perhaps this is to help the manufacturers start their update process earlier to get device with 6.0 for the Fall 2015 timeframe along with a new Nexus device.

We are entering June soon, the Z3 and Z3c leaked around the middle or end of June 2014 so perhaps similar pattern this year, so definitely something to look forwards to. Sony will try to keep it under wraps but it will leak eventually and the closer we get to the fall the more plausible these leaks will be.
unknownC151A
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2015-05-24 13:18
Where's Ebato?
https://news.google.com/news/[....]laxy+s6+sales&lr=English&hl=en
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2015-05-24 13:45
Just how Xperia V and T have got the android 4.3, and smart social camera, and how Xperia Z is still getting updates, I hope that at least Z3/Z3c owners can see as well some significant camera software improvements.
[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2015-05-24 14:03 ]
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2015-05-24 15:20
Sony appears to confirm international Xperia Z4 launch
http://pocketnow.com/2015/05/22/xperia-z4-international

cheers!

..function cant coffee without in the morning.
penguino
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-05-24 16:07

On 2015-05-23 21:52:57, XperiaJunkie wrote:
Really wonder what Sony have in store for us @ IFA, my guess is something completely different
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2015-05-23 20:58 ]

Is that a hint? I hope not Z5. It would be too early to show a proper flagship that is meant to stay on the market for another year. SD810 is not good enough for that.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-05-24 16:16

On 2015-05-24 15:20:37, difenbaker wrote:
Sony appears to confirm international Xperia Z4 launch
http://pocketnow.com/2015/05/22/xperia-z4-international

cheers!

So far it seems limited to other Asian countries and nothing for Europe or NA I believe. If the handset is to be launched in the west, it has to undercut the price of the current flagships otherwise I can't see how reps would be able to convince users to buy it, it looks almost identical to the Z3 and Z2. New G4 will be about 630 euros, M9 is similar, 680 euros. S6 (32GB) is around 730 euros. If Sony can get it out for 600 euros, then perhaps it has a chance to for some sales.

@penguino It has to be different from the current design, otherwise people will ignore Sony in the stores, if all their devices looks different and users assume it is not a new device. Look at my previous post, the Lavender design with the thin side bezels seems similar to the Y design.

http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]-official-concept-images-leak/

SD810 has its problems, remains to be seen if the SD820 will be ready by IFA, if Qualcomm can get it ready by IFA and release for October then great, but showing a device at IFA and having it go on sale in November would not be great.
penguino
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-05-24 18:07
New design won't help much by itself. Style, display, speakers, UI/Sony's skin, camera software and image processing, battery, real world and benchmark performance - it's a flagship, all of those need to be good. HTC's or even Sony's own example that there's no other way.

SD820 at IFA? No way, not even close.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 153154155 ... 315316317  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic