Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumors 2015

Previous  123 ... 707172 ... 315316317  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumors 2015
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-03-03 22:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I am more concern with what they are adding than what will be changed. Such as battery life improvement, Camera api improvement? Speed etc. And new features that will be added to Z1 or Z?
Ebato
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2015-03-03 22:53

On 2015-03-02 21:28:30, tk007 wrote:
Sony Mobile not for sale says company Vice President . yessssssssssssssssssss !!!!

Same was told about the Vaio rumors when they first appeared.

Besides, what Hirai actually told: “We need to keep a closer eye on the return on capital, what the competition is doing… But that’s not to say we’re getting out of the business.”

But that's not to say otherwise either

Edit: Hiroki Totoki said that speculation regarding a sale of the division was “completely untrue,” when speaking to French newspaper Le Figaro. Totoki pointed out that Kazuo Hirai’s presence at MWC emphasised “the importance of this business for Sony“. He also confirmed plans to refocus the product strategy and to slow down the rhythm of new product launches.

Well, legally speaking he was certain they were untrue at the moment of the interview, or at least he had no advance knowledge of it at that moment...
[ This Message was edited by: Ebato on 2015-03-03 21:55 ]
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2015-03-04 01:19
With regards to UPX for Lollipop, it does not seem to be consistent when it comes to styling and coloring. When you look at the settings, the main background is bright white. However, it becomes off white when you go to call settings. And I dont like the blue colored letters on the settings, Sony should have made it grey or silver (wireless and network, etc.). Moreover, i find the diamond-patterned arrangement of the icons in the notification tray ridiculous. its a waste of space. I really hope Sony can make the UI styling and theme consistent and perhaps improve the theme options on their UI(ala HTC's very customizable themes). The UI layout looks ok for me, but the coloring and styling are inconsistent. Sony still have few months before Z4 is released.

Anyway, I hope Z4 can finally live up to its specs sheet. The Z flagships have always looked amazing on paper but not so much in real time usage. The Z-series camera sports the latest Sony sensor but still not able to top the competition. The new sensor with phase detection autofocus is must have for Z4, maybe with 2-axis optical imag stabilization. Audio quality on the Z-series does not really trump the competition. The playback volume is lower than flagships and the quality is not in par with the flagships out there. Inspite of carrying the Walkman brand, it does not live up to the name. Improve audio quality and increase are wanted for so long. S-master amplifier is a nice feature to have, only if it can make significant improvement to the audio quality of the phone The design needs some changes. I have always liked the omnibalance but Sony has used the same materials in the last couple of flagships amd the face plate has always been black. For Z4, I would like to see a metal back and a faceplate that matches the color of the back panel. adding more curves to the corner of the phone would be wlecome as well. The Z-series is also knowm for huge bezels, if Z4 happens to have this dimension 142 x 72 x 7.3 mm, it would be perfect. Z4's commercial success is essential to Sony's mobile division and I believe these things that I just pointed out can help them make Z4 a best seller.
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2015-03-04 04:52
http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]ynos-7420-and-the-rest_id66789 HTC ONE M9 overheats. I'm worried about Z4 because it will use the same chipset as M9
[ This Message was edited by: kurtdean on 2015-03-04 03:53 ]
Ebato
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2015-03-04 09:56
Flimsy build (wtf sony, and you call it a "metal frame"??!), pinky whites, so-so camera, potential overheating. Truly, when Sony said tablets are no longer a priority, I did not think they meant an afterthought type of "priority". Also... dat bezel again

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-xperia-z4-tablet-review

On a side note, I liked the idea of the keyboard, but the problem is build quality, all the reviews I've seen so far say the keyboard "feels cheap", and I must add it looks so as well. Besides lagdroid and productivity apps... no thanks.
[ This Message was edited by: Ebato on 2015-03-04 08:57 ]
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2015-03-04 10:09
^
Hey, this is pre production unit, why won't you comment when the retail unit released? And for the bezels, from that I know you're trolling. Why do you need a small bezels on a tablet? Do you want to use it with one hand? Get out
[ This Message was edited by: kurtdean on 2015-03-04 09:11 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2015-03-04 10:23
Small bezels on a tablet can be more of a hindrance.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-03-04 10:51
This is interesting to me: https://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2996817
table 4: sony is in 10th place in global phone sales in 2014. imo this is a good place to go up from considering their lack of marketing and availability. i hope they surprise and increase their sales in noticeable numbers for year 2015.

Sony Mobile’s 2015 MWC keynote now available to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubi_exUAitU&t=117
kaz: "mobile remains an important part of sony group".

m4 aqua for preorder 279 euro at amazon germany. sony is getting better with price tag. not a bad deal for this price.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2015-03-04 09:57 ]
Ebato
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2015-03-04 12:20
We hear that excuse every time. Out of all the issues listed, I can imagine Sony making a difference with the pinky whites by using a different panel or a different batch of panels. The rest will be the same. So whom are you trying to fool, me or yourself?

As of the bezels, yeah sure, you just like it "big", I get it...

On 2015-03-04 10:09:26, kurtdean wrote:
^
Hey, this is pre production unit, why won't you comment when the retail unit released? And for the bezels, from that I know you're trolling. Why do you need a small bezels on a tablet? Do you want to use it with one hand? Get out
[ This Message was edited by: kurtdean on 2015-03-04 09:11 ]

kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2015-03-04 13:31
^
What a lame comeback for the bezels. Pathetic
alexander87
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2015-03-04 13:58
Trolls like ebato shouldn't get more attention than a random speck of dust in the wind.

Now about the bending issue, bending my ZU was a daily thing for me just for the sake of scaring people with it, it would get to it's previous shape and it's the same with the Z4t. Kinda like the failed scandal of the i6+'s bendgate.

It is of no issue, i'd rather be worried of thermal throttling if anything.
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed.
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-03-04 14:27
I am preodering the Z4 tablet right now. Hope Z4 Ultra hits the shelves around late May so I can tape the two together and bring them home.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-03-04 14:56
@xperiazultra
I'm sure we will see z ultra announcement this year, be it around may for mid year release with z4 or at ifa. no doubt. even lg is going to revive their g pro line to fight the phablet segment in q4: "LG to devise new flagship smartphone positioned above the LG G4 - could the G Pro series make a return?": http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]o-series-make-a-return_id66816
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2015-03-04 14:22 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2015-03-04 15:24
I'm wondering what the real reason is for the no Z4 show at MWC. Heating issues?

Might they have to redesign the Z4 in order to dissipate the heat from the chip more efficient, or is it just a matter of them coming out of the six-month launch cycle.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2015-03-04 15:55
@goldenface

I feel that both reasons might be viable...

Qualcomm will eventually release a better binning later that can run at higher clock, or same clock with lower heat.. so they might be waiting for this and also re-scheduling their flagship from Z4 so it will have 9 months from Z3

Just to note, having a 9 months cycle and Z4 in May/June release means that Z5 should be in Feb/March next year... so it should have Snapdragon 820 by then... sadly When Z5 launches I think there will be at least 1-3 devices already using 820 if there was no delays to it's release. ( Sampled in 2H15 )
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 707172 ... 315316317  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic