Previous  123 ... 1516 171819  Next
Author Apple iPhone 6 Plus Announced
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-22 21:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2014-10-22 21:05:59, aussieland1 wrote:
Very nice camera review indeed. Iphone 6 plus has a nice camera but the one one iphone 6 is close enough. I

In terms of iOS 8.1 I have activated the sms forwarding for fun to my ipad and it seems to work well. I suppose it could come in handy if a sms arrives I can answer directly from the ipad and don't have to move my lazy ass at all 😅
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2014-10-22 20:25 ]

You have too many gadgets Aussie !! and I am very envious.

I am really loving my iPhone, I really am but I have to get another WP before Xmas 1520 or 930, 830 I don't know which. I need to have a second handset, its been years since I only had one.
Anyway Forza football is keeping up to date with how many RM are scoring against Liverpool, with video highlights aswell.
Camera wise I'm really pleased with the pictures I have taken so far and the slow motion video option is awesome. Anyway I have to go and check it isn't bent yet
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-22 22:11

On 2014-10-22 21:44:52, lemmy31 wrote:

Anyway I have to go and check it isn't bent yet

I am sure it must be bent by now.... My brother bought an iPhone 6 plus as well and seems very happy so far. His only which was when I told him that it takes 3 hours to charge it with the normal charges so he went today to buy an iPad charger

You might be lucky - maybe a successor of 1520 will be launched (I hope so). Thanks for reminding me about fora football I will download it now . I do have too many gadgets - I need to stop spending so much money on gadgets

Ps I am not happy when English teams are loosing in Europe but I am not terribly sad Liverpool is loosing today
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2014-10-22 21:12 ]
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-22 22:17
Unfortunately its also showing that the Gooners are losing to Anderlecht now aswell.. hope your brothers 6 plus is all OK and continues that way. I'm sure there is an issue somewhere but it clearly isn't with all handsets
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-22 22:59
Spoke too soon Lemmy what a win!

I agree that there are obviously people with bent iphones- I am just glad that the one I own and the ones my family and friends are owning don't have this problem
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-23 11:04

On 2014-10-22 22:59:44, aussieland1 wrote:
Spoke too soon Lemmy what a win!

I agree that there are obviously people with bent iphones- I am just glad that the one I own and the ones my family and friends are owning don't have this problem

Turned out good in the end Aussie, very fortunate though

Anyway back to the iPhone. Do you use One Drive on your iOS devices ? For the life of me I cannot get the auto backup of the camera roll to work as a background task. If I open the app then the backup starts, but if I then come out of the app it stops and will not restart until the app is opened again. I have built up a lot of free storage with One Drive and I really don't want to start using Drop Box. Am I doing something wrong ?
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-24 09:28
Sorry Lemmy

I don't use it on my iPhone -photos are saved on icloud so I can view them on ipad. I will try it when I have a chance and I will let you know
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-24 12:01
iPhone 6 Plus Owners Reporting Frequent Crashes On Their Device
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2014[....]eir-device/?utm_source=mainrss

iPhone 6 Plus users report persistent unexplained crashing issues, possibly tied to large app libraries
http://appleinsider.com/artic[....]ly-tied-to-large-app-libraries

...seems to be a problem for only those with 128gb iphones.

Apple rumored to raise payments to accelerate iPhone 6 Plus production
http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20141023PD201.html

[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-10-24 11:03 ]
..function cant coffee without in the morning.
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-24 12:28

On 2014-10-24 09:28:42, aussieland1 wrote:
Sorry Lemmy

I don't use it on my iPhone -photos are saved on icloud so I can view them on ipad. I will try it when I have a chance and I will let you know

Thanks Aussie

Don't bother installing it, it would appear that it is a known issue from support forums

Thanks again
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-24 12:33

On 2014-10-24 12:01:53, difenbaker wrote:

iPhone 6 Plus users report persistent unexplained crashing issues, possibly tied to large app libraries

700 Apps !! what person needs or can use that amount of apps on their mobile device(s)
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-25 14:29

On 2014-10-24 12:33:00, lemmy31 wrote:

On 2014-10-24 12:01:53, difenbaker wrote:

700 Apps !! what person needs or can use that amount of apps on their mobile device(s)

Thats a very good question indeed. I guess its the same as asking ......why buy a 128gb iphone when there's 64gb or lower models available? Its a matter of choice I guess.

Anyway, more on this issue...

Some iPhone 6 Plus Owners Are Reporting A Strange Problem That Crashes Apps And Reboots The Phone
http://www.businessinsider.co[....]-plus-crashing-problem-2014-10

The iPhone 6 Plus might have a serious software problem you should know about
http://bgr.com/2014/10/24/128[....]+%28BGR+|+Boy+Genius+Report%29

... still no 'official' reply from Apple at the moment.
They should come up with an answer soon.

ardzuna
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-25 19:20
I am no expert, but it is 1GB RAM bottleneck that is the problem here in my opinion.

I also have a few app crashes on my iPhone 5 every week. It is a little bit better now than it was on iOS7, it seems that iOS8 is better optimized, but still...

I was so disappointed when those 1GB RAM rumours were confirmed as true and it is the only thing that is keeping me from getting the iP6. I guess now is the time to buy the iPad Air 2 since they doubled the RAM on that thing and wait for next gen iPhones
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-25 23:14
The only iOS fault I chalk up to RAM is poor multitasking e.g. Safari forever reloading tabs. Apps crashing maybe due to poor optimization by the dev, I remember when FB for iOS used to crash almost everytime I used it, it was such a PITA to use FB I got to a point where I stopped using it out of frustration, then they did a major update and since then it has been much better
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-10-26 06:40
Apple iPhone 6 Plus Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4

http://mobile-review.com/review/iphone6plus-vs-galaxynote4.shtml
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-27 08:11
iPhone 6 owners demand answers on 'bendgate'

After 180 complaints about bent iPhones - including one where the device apparently "caught fire" - one website is demanding that Apple provide an explanation

By Matthew Sparkes, Deputy Head of Technology
1:44PM BST 24 Oct 2014

Apple today came under further pressure from users of the iPhone 6 to provide more details on whether the handsets bend too easily.

A website collating images of bent iPhones spotted on social media such as Twitter and Instagram claims to have 180 different examples, up significantly from Apple's earlier statement that it had seen just nine damaged handsets.

Early customer complaints that the latest iPhone bends easily when placed in pockets or bags prompted a rare statement from Apple, saying it shouldn't do so when used normally and that only nine complaints had been received.

Since then, however, reports of damaged phones have continued to grow online as millions more iPhones have been sold.

The new website, One of the Nine, has also written an open letter to Apple demanding further explanation.

"I assume these to only be a small fraction of one per cent of the problem as most people would not choose to go online to report the problem but simply return the unit to the store," says the letter.

"Some users reported being able to exchange their iPhone 6 and 6 Plus after returning it to an Apple Store. However an equal number were also turned down for a replacement and told they will have to pay for it.

"Can you please share the policy that is used in store to determine whether a warranty replacement is given?"

continued;
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/te[....]emand-answers-on-bendgate.html

I wonder if Apple will even respond to this 'open letter'

[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-10-27 10:20 ]
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-31 22:45
It seems that the rumor I got regarding Apple "quietly" fixing the iphone might be true.

Has Apple quietly fixed its iPhone 6 Plus ‘Bendgate’ problem? [updated]

By Chris Smith on Oct 31, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Ignoring the idiotic instances where people intentionally started bending iPhone 6 units in stores just to prove it can be done, Apple did have an iPhone 6 Bendgate problem, which genuinely affected some early buyers. Early reports have shown that the iPhone 6 Plus was more prone to bending than its smaller sibling, with some users explaining why the iPhone 6 Plus can bend in a certain way — apparently the area around the bottom volume button lacks the kind of reinforcement that can prevent bending. However, Apple might have fixed the issue, one Reddit user seems to indicate.

Redditor doctorkuddles says that he just purchased an 128GB iPhone 6 Plus that feels different than his wife’s early 16GB iPhone 6 Plus model.

“I can’t prove anything. I can only look at my iPhone 6 Plus I got yesterday, and the 6 Plus my wife got on September 20th,” he explains. “We have identical phones minus the GB size (I have 128GB, she has the 16GB) Both are space gray. I started looking at both phones closely.

“First difference I noticed is the smoothness on the week one phone compared to the week 6 (?) phone. Completely softer and smoother. The second difference I noted was when I started tapping (‘flicking’) the back and sides of both phones. Right where the previous ‘bends’ were in previous 6 Pluses (above and below the volume rocker), there is a night and day difference in sound,” he adds.

doctorkuddles further says he used a stethoscope to listen to the iPhone 6 Plus and found that his 128GB phone sounds “much more dull toned, indicating to me it’s more solid” whereas “her phone had a lot more percussion sound, indicating that area was previously hollow”

He then took it under a microscope, without dismantling it. He looked through the cracks of the volume buttons and spotted a “red colored object placed in the volume down button crank.”

Furthermore, he weighed and measured both devices and found out that while both devices are identical in size, the 128GB version is 21g heavier than the 16GB model.

“I just don’t see the memory being that much heavier,” he said.

No actual images or videos of any of these findings have been published, so it’s not clear whether doctorkuddles has actually discovered anything.

Interestingly, he contacted the teardown experts at iFixit on the matter, who purchased a brand new 128GB iPhone 6 Plus and weighed it.

“It weighs 173.5 grams, a whopping 0.8 grams more than the Day One unit,” iFixit’s mdjorie wrote on the same Reddit thread. “I don’t know what’s up with your new unit, OP, but our new unit definitely doesn’t weigh 21 grams more than the Day One device.”

It’s not clear whether Apple made any internal design changes to its iPhones since the Bendgate issue was first reported, or whether it would be able to roll out changes so fast in case it did. But a previous report did reveal that Apple takes product launch-related issues and flaws very seriously and looks to fix problems as fast as possible following their discovery.

“A footnote on Apple’s specs website for iPhone 6 Plus notes that “Size and weight vary by configuration and manufacturing process,” and sources tell us a 1.5 gram weight variance between any two iPhone 6 Plus units is within what is expected,” Kahn explains.

http://bgr.com/2014/10/31/iph[....]+%28BGR+|+Boy+Genius+Report%29

.... question now is, if you were an iphone 6 or 6 plus owner, will you exchange your phone with a new one?

cheers!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 1516 171819  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic