Previous  123 ... 131415 ... 171819  Next
Author Apple iPhone 6 Plus Announced
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-13 07:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Apple's iTunes store has one advantage over Google's Play store:

I am a Swedish citizen but I can't use the Swedish Play store as I reside in Oman. VPN won't help as my Android phone (Asus NPFI [new PadFone Infinity]) was registered in Oman. So I am locked out from books, movies and music. Only apps are available in Oman. And this has limitations as well. I can't buy Microsoft's OneNote and Office Mobile apps.

The iTunes store on the other hand only puts limits on the payments: you have to pay using a credit card or gift card from the country your iTunes account is registered in. I have a Swedish credit card so I have an account with iTunes Sweden. I also have a prepaid US credit card which I use to pay my purchases from my iTunes US account. So I buy my movies from the iTunes store, decrypt using Requiem and then copy to my NPFI.
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-13 08:02

On 2014-10-12 23:21:38, aussieland1 wrote:

Lemmy - glad to hear you are enjoying it so far. Maybe you can keep both? - or is this not an option. From the little time I had with this phone I thought the camera was quite good

Hi Aussie

Financially keeping both is not an option I'm afraid, Xmas is coming and spending out on another phone is not viable. I have already sold the Lumia 930 on again, the orange colour was just too much for daily use and now I have to decide whether to keep the 1520 or 6 plus and at present I'm leaning towards keeping the iPhone.
I love the 1520 and the WP OS but the iPhone should be a little more future proof as the 1520 has been out for 12 months now. I will go back to WP8 as soon as another flagship device is released, the 930 in reality is just a smaller 1520.
More importantly for me is the fact that I will now only have one handset, a position I haven't been in for many a year. I do like to use a different handset every now and again and that will not be an option.

I hope I don't regret this, the last time I sold a 1520 I missed it that much I had to get another after a couple of weeks, ah well, we'll see.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-13 08:18
Hi Lemmy

What you said makes sense- I should be as sensible when spending money as well especially like you said with Christmas around the corner. You are leaving me alone in the WP camp!

Anyway looking forward to hear what you thing if the iPhone camera - I thiugt it was good and it seems good for the comparisons posted online.
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-10-13 09:21
Camera Comparison: iPhone 6 Plus Vs iPhone 6 Vs iPhone 5s

http://touch.hi-tech.mail.ru/news/iphone-camera-compare.html

Spoiler: iPhone 6 Plus Wins
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-13 09:38

On 2014-10-13 08:18:33, aussieland1 wrote:
Hi Lemmy

You are leaving me alone in the WP camp!

If I could afford to Aussie I'd still be with you in the WP8 camp but as I said Xmas and my good lady tell me otherwise
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-14 02:26
Yet another Apple fan who mocked ‘Bendgate’ finds himself disturbed by a slightly bent iPhone 6 Plus
http://bgr.com/2014/10/13/iph[....]+%28BGR+|+Boy+Genius+Report%29

iPhone 6 and 6 Plus launching in 36 more countries by October's end
http://www.macworld.com/artic[....]countries-by-octobers-end.html

[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-10-14 01:28 ]
..function cant coffee without in the morning.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-14 21:12
I know people like lemmy31 think im all negative Apple this, iPhone hater that, but im really not. My political and ethical views are of Apple and their business only.

I genuinely feel sorry for these affected people. And, as a technology fan I find myself cringing at these stories.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-14 22:01

On 2014-10-14 21:12:47, etaab wrote:
I know people like lemmy31 think im all negative Apple this, iPhone hater that, but im really not. My political and ethical views are of Apple and their business only.

I genuinely feel sorry for these affected people. And, as a technology fan I find myself cringing at these stories.

You have to admit etaab that most of your posts are very anti Apple to say the least !!

I wouldn't feel to sorry about all the people world wide that purchase Apple products including the iPhone, after all the 20 million in pre orders they have received from prospective purchasers in China seems to reflect that the negative publicity doesn't seem to have harmed sales too much.
I don't consider myself ignorant or stupid for buying the iPhone plus and I think that you comments suggesting so are way out of order.
All manufacturers have their issues, from my memory Sony had an issue with reports about the Z1 or Z1 compact bending, I had a Sony at the time and from my recollection the thread on Sony's own site ran to 12-13 pages about this issue. Incidentally Sony refused point blank to recognise any issue.
Samsung had an issue with the SDS problem a few years ago GS3 or GS4 I believe. I had both phones and had problems with neither of them. The iPhone 5 also had reports about the handset bending when it was released and now that's forgotten, I have never seen an distorted iPhone 5 in real life. Sometimes things are blown out of all proportion especially in the connected society we live in nowadays. The point I'm trying to make is that you pays your money and make your choice, its up to you.
You and I have something in common, we both seem to like Nokia handsets and have done historically. Where we differ is that I'm so glad that Nokia didn't choose to go with Android. MeeGo was a step in the right direction but a step too late. WP8 is a fantastic OS and if anything very much needed at present. Anything, including WP8 and iOS that tries to stem the tide of the vastly overrated (in my opinion, only) Android and especially Samsung and its shockingly poor touchwiz overlay (in my opinion, only) is always welcome. It would be really crap to have no choice but Android or Samsung. Having said all that I am not going to criticise anybody who chooses this combination, including you, as I said you pay your money.........
Hope you enjoy your Note 4 as much as I'm enjoying my iPhone 6 plus. 4 days in and its been in and out of my trousers front pocket and no sign of bending yet.......but lets not speak too soon ! There is one certainty about all this nonsense and that is that the iPhone 6 plus will not bend on its own.

Regards

aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-15 00:54
Lemmy31

I agree with most of what you said (except for the android part which is probably my favourite os out of all 3). I am really glad you are enjoying your iPhone 6 plus I had one for a couple of days but decided to keep my ip 6 and get note 4 instead. And apple has accepted my iphone 6 plus back no question asked even though it has been suggested in this thread that they can be difficult. The sudden death happens with SG 3 due to a faulty internal memory AFAIK and some Note 2 were affected as well. And when it comes to bending it has been proven that other phones bend too like HTC One 8 and Note 4 ( apparently it has the same weak point as iPhone 6 plus). . . Anyway back on topic ip 6 plus gas a great battery life, great camera ,plus you get the apple ecosystem so it is a solid phone. I am not saying it is the best phonew out there but that doesn't make it not a great phone. The one thing that Apple should be doing to make it truly excellent is working with developers to update their apps for the iPhone 6 plus screen and fix the few glitches in the ios 8

Anyway enjoy it - ( I will keep enjoying my lumia 1520 😉)
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2014-10-14 23:57 ]
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-15 19:50
Cheers Aussie !

As stated those are just my opinions on Android/Samsung.

Anyway back on topic. After using this for a few days now I think that I have made the right decision. I still wish I was wealthy enough to keep both the 6 Plus and the 1520 but alas that can't be at the moment. Enjoy your Note 4 when it arrives !! just to say that I took a contract out last December with a Note 3 so I cant be completely anti Sammy and Android, for me it just wasn't enjoyable to use and so it had to go.
Totally agree on the developer statement. I think judgement can only be realistically passed when all the apps are updated.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-15 20:48
And you can now watch sky go on the phone finally 😃 The phone is actually smaller than the Lumia 1520 so I guess that's an improvement. And the email while not as nice looking imo as on the wp does the job very well and is very reliable. Do you use the reachability function much ? (the 2 taps on the home button -even though it is criticized I think it is very helpful). Anyways - waiting on your opinions about the camera...especially coming from lumia
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2014-10-15 20:56
The difference in body size is due to the difference in display size..

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5760&idPhone2=6665

I would take the 1520 because of the camera, but that's just me.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-15 22:16
I must admit I like the 6+ in black much more than in white. I know to the human eye, black looks smaller than white. I hadn't really seen one until I saw lemmy31's photo of one. The new design I don't like that much, I prefer the iPhone 5 design better.

But then when the 5 came out, I preferred the 4, but now I prefer the 5. So im sure the 6 & 6+ will grow on me more.

Anyway heres another rant about Apple - except this time its positive: millions of people who updated to the latest OS version got a copy of a U2 track automatically downloaded. Many have complained. Literally, get over it people, its a free music track from a half decent band. Not a virus that bricks the device.

I hate operator branding, locks, branded firmware and bloatware, but im sure a simple music track isn't a big deal. Maybe if you cant delete it yeah, but you can. I remember when phones always came with music you couldn't delete especially in the days of feature phones and not smartphones. Who remembers those stupid SE animated wallpapers you couldn't delete ?
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2014-10-15 21:17 ]
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-16 07:56
Hey etaab, it wasn't just a track it was a whole bloody album !! now I like free music as much as the next man and I am a rock music fan but I have spent 40 years buying my choice of music and not once has a U2 record ever made it into my collection. 4 days ago I let my guard down for 10 mins, buy an Apple iPhone and before you know it I have 11 or 12 tracks all free, all unwanted and having listened to them, not really very good. A free iTunes voucher to buy an album of my choice would have been more welcome. Still I know a lot of people worldwide would have been very grateful for this freebie but the choice to actually own it would have been good, not just appearing in your cloud music collection by default. My rant against Apple and U2 is over.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-16 21:13
Its still just music though and as long as they let you delete it (with a tool im told) whats the harm done ?

A free taste of what the phone can do with its music is a good thing imo. Just like when games consoles were released, you got a demo disc with game demos on. At least out of the box you have something to play.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 131415 ... 171819  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic