Previous  123 ... 1617 181920  Next
Author Apple iPhone 6 Announced
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-12-09 00:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2014-10-21 20:03:29, plankgatan wrote:
"I not seen a single apple phone who is durable" ........Are you 11 years old ?

So iPhone 3GS. Iphone 4. iPhone 4s. iPhone 5. iPhone 5c. IPhone 5s. iPhone 6 is not durable ??

The build quality on this phones are extremely good. I say 9/10 and 10/10 on 5c.

you haven't even owned a 3G/3GS/ or a 4 for that matter. You came on these boards using phones, then S60, then Android based Sony's until the 4S/5 at the very earliest!

Glass screen = breaks VERY easily on all (especially 4/4S front and back glass).
I've worked supporting 3GS and have personally OWNED 3G/3GS/4/4S/5 ... I can wholeheartedly confirm that the 3G/3GS with their CHEAPER than Samsung Galaxy CHEAP plastic housings cracked VERY easily. If you had these in White you wouldn't know it ... Apple reps used those funny and hilariously dinky LED lights on their neck-tags ... little did consumers know it was to check for damage; specifically cracks in the housing!!

I'm sorry plankgatan, you LOVE taking photos and are VERY good at it with any phone you choose ... but I must say you're a phone-whore! Whatever works for you at any given time you're whoring 'It's the Best, best build quality, blah blah blah'. This is different from being a brand fan (myself = BlackBerry for a very long time), an OS fan (S60 for me then BBOS/BB10; with iOS a brief stint until iOS6) ... no it's much worse. It's like a girl with a 7yr old ITCH!

^ I'm poking fun at you man, as another older member on these boards that CAN recall your posts of old, quite factually. But I stand by my statement you're GOOD if not GREAT at Pics but you're still a phone-whore. There is nothing to be ashamed of that, not at all, I was one as a yute too (I know you're not a yute), but I at least admitted truths or when I was wrong or exaggerating. common man Apple is NOT known for build quality ... not in ANY of their products!!
Proof - look at their history of just acknowledging build quality faults over at macrumors.com - not just isolated to their iOS products.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2014-12-09 07:54
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2014-12-13 04:51
this topic isnt very helpful for those wanting to buy this phone anymore
just a bunch of wimmin ranting and raving
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-12-20 20:10
Best Of The Technology Of The Year: Clipete Awards 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2GpVzX56wQ

Spoiler: Apple iPhone 6 The Best Smartphone 2014
fbloise
Nokia 808 PureView
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-01-17 12:40
I've been using my iPhone 6 since launch day and I can say is excellent.

After is jailbroken, is even better, so many tweaks and hacks. Amazing phone and I havetried Android for few days but always find my way back to the iPhone 6 as main phone.

I use two phones btw: iPhone 6 as main phone, social media, etc, and Nokia 808 for photos, music and gps
"Haters are just confused Admirers" My Website
Foro.DO Facebook Group at http://www.facebook.com/groups/esato/

BBM: 2B5E52DF
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2015-01-18 09:21
I agree the iPhone 6 us a fine phone . Mine is running very well and even though I prefer android I don't have any complaints. Oh just one : I wish it has OIS like it's bigger brother
fbloise
Nokia 808 PureView
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-01-19 09:56
Completely agree. One thing I like is the family sharing, so now any app I bought my son can use it in his ipad and I dont have to pay twice. That put me away from Android, they dont seem to have that option.

Btw, have you jailbroken your iPhone? I did it on mine, and found tons of good tweaks. There is a good one called Airblue sharing to send and receive by bluetooth, so i can easily transfer my photos from the 808 to the iPhone and the other way around.

aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2015-01-19 13:16
No I haven't to be honest. Never tried it before so I don't have a clue how to do it and another thing that puts me off if the fact that you need to re do it when you uograde to newer version on IOS? (I put the question mark as I am not entirely sure to be honest ).

The transfer of the photos sounds good though (it is such a pain to transfer them to other device that is not apple made).

What other tweaks are available ? (Maybe I will give it a go too.....)
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-01-23 01:23

On 2015-01-19 09:56:26, fbloise wrote:
Completely agree. One thing I like is the family sharing, so now any app I bought my son can use it in his ipad and I dont have to pay twice. That put me away from Android, they dont seem to have that option.

Btw, have you jailbroken your iPhone? I did it on mine, and found tons of good tweaks. There is a good one called Airblue sharing to send and receive by bluetooth, so i can easily transfer my photos from the 808 to the iPhone and the other way around.

I too am looking into the Family Sharing - yet the way you're experiencing it I think works ONLY for Universal iOS apps: not apps made only for iPhone and a different version for iPad - a great example is 'Things!' a solid GTD application I'd love my son to use.

Jailbroken ... what system are you using to do this; software & Desktop OS?
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
fbloise
Nokia 808 PureView
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-01-25 22:14
I did it on my Windows 8.1 machine, and the latest software from TaiG.

I followed the instructions from www.idownloadblog.com and it is something as easy as downloading a module (virus free and all that) and that then injects the jailbreak.

Major hackers from the jailbreak scene and community have checked and they have ruled it is safe and it doesn't create back doors on your device.

Here are few of my fav jailbreaks:

Airblue Sharing - bluetooth stack for iOS 7/8 allows to send and receive via Bluetooth not only from iOs devices but from any other (android, symbian)

Biolockdown - tweak to use the fingerprint sensor to lock apps. So I now have the requirement to open some apps like Whatsapp, emails, messages, etc. 2nd layer of security if you ask me.

CheeseCake - Gives the slow fade out animation from Android Lollipop

Cylinder - Gives animations when moving across pages

Facebook++ - Tweak that gives tons of options for the Facebook app like in-app messenger, cappability to download videos to the Photos app, etc

iFile - the best file explorer, can see even internal path like /var

iWepPro - to break Wifi networks (i use this as an ethical hacker to test my home wifi)

Locus - Tweak to block application access to the location services

Safari uploader - to be able to upload files here in Esato and other Flash-based sites.

Savegram - tweak to save videos and photos directly from instagram app

Veency - turns your iPhone into a VNC server to be accessed from a VNC client.

Thats a few, but there are many more.

Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-01-31 09:03
Well it seems the app sharing works after you register and not if you have a gift card on your account.

My now current iPhone 5S it seems on this site there is no word rapping to fit the screen

I wonder if the Oleophobic layer wears off over time or with mildly abrasives such as rubbing alcohol that I normally use to clean the screen.

All in all I'm astounded by how awesome this OS has matured to and how so like apple that "everything just works!"
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2015-02-03 12:13
An oldie but still quite relevant.

http://readwrite.com/2013/01/[....]ns-hate-android-and-love-apple
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2015-02-03 17:00
I've been using it more lately.. solid phone.. I really don't see any real competition out there.

I still use my 808 as well.. believe it or not I still prefer Symbian over ios for certain tasks.
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2015-02-03 17:08

On 2015-02-03 12:13:29, chunkybeats wrote:
An oldie but still quite relevant.

http://readwrite.com/2013/01/[....]ns-hate-android-and-love-apple

Its considered ghetto because the conversion rates are awful compared to ios... as blunt as it sounds, rich people don't buy android in the US, and unfortunately for the OEMs, that's where the money is.. just look at apple's last quarter earnings report.

I know quite a few people that got tired of android and switched to apple in the past few years.. its just a better product overall.

For me personally android feels like a huge mess and I don't think I would ever bother with it.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2015-02-03 17:25
As a user of both iOS and android I fail too see how iOS is a superior product. I use them both daily and both have advantages over the over - but ios most certainly doesn't feel superior.

Apple sells so much because people still perceive the brand as as being superior - if another manufacturer would sell iOS phones I doubt that they would sell any close to these numbers
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 1617 181920  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic