Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Previous  123 ... 4142 434445  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy Note 4
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-05-24 04:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Samsung Note 4 Vs Samsung Galaxy Note Edge (Again)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6AzYlTLEjk

P.S: Very Good Result For Geekbench 3 With Android 5.0.1 (Lollipop)
[ This Message was edited by: emerson_shei on 2015-05-24 04:00 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2015-06-07 17:17
Hope everyone is still enjoying this awesome beast still thoroughly enjoying mine, it is filled to the brim with series, movies, photos and vids taken with what still seems to be the best Camera in Android, my music, backups of all kinds of stuff and so on, I am contemplating getting either a 64GB MicroSDHDC for it this week or going big and getting a 128GB, although latter are still incredibly pricy down here. I am even using it to test the landing pages I create for clients and using the SPen features 'Smart Select' , 'Image Clip' and 'Screen Write' to get back to them WRT parts of elements and variants they send me to put on the page. I am also finding 'Photo Note' to be great for taking pics of notes in my note pad and on boardroom whiteboards and digitising them to store and use on my phone or laptop.

This phone just keeps amazing me at how far ahead and well thoughtout its features are vs. the wanna be competitor's products. I find myself watching reviews of Huawei Ascend Mate 7, Xiaomi Mi Note Pro, LG G4, Xperia Z3+/Z4 etc... to try see if they even offer something close to Smart Select for example and I am disappointed to find that they don't even come close, major oversight on their side as these things truly make it worth picking it over them once you start using them.

Anyway...

Seems we should have Android 5.1.1 by end of July lets hope they stick to that :
http://www.sammobile.com/2015[....]axy-note-4-by-the-end-of-july/

On the performance side of things, the Note 4 seems to be capable of matching up to the very latest phones, all except the S6/S6 Edge (thanks to their Exynos chips ofc). Ran AnTuTu the other day and it gave a score that is pretty damn impressive vs. the LG G4s, One M9, Xperia Z3+ etc..., despite the older CPU and QHD display:

That said, I am looking forward to the Note 5, hopefully it continues the tradition of a textured back cover, MicroSD slot, the SPen features and generally owning anything currently out and 6-7months newer than it.
Used a friends Note 3 the other day, and she is not even interested in the latest stuff, she wanted the 4, but at this point I suggested she rather wait for the 5. I see the Note 4 being the same at this time next year WRT functionality and productivity vs. what is around at the time.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2015-06-14 23:50
Sadly I am no longer a Note 4 user but for the other users out here a review on phonearena after using the phone for 5 weeks (sorry if it was posted before)

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]arned-to-love-phablets_id69197
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2015-06-15 00:42
I read it a while ago, and its a great read, thanks Auss.

Trust you're still enjoying the Nexus 6? Thought you would have got a S6 Edge or something by now
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2015-06-15 08:37

On 2015-06-15 00:42:58, Tsepz_GP wrote:
I read it a while ago, and its a great read, thanks Auss.

Trust you're still enjoying the Nexus 6? Thought you would have got a S6 Edge or something by now

Ha,ha I am very much thanks tsepz. I know right I am surprised to but to be honest s6 has a sceen to small for me (that's right after owing phablets for so long 5.1 screen feels small) and plus it doesn't have SD card. To be honest I really like lg g4 but the screen is again smaller than nexus 6 and s808 is not much of an upgrade. Also xiaomi note pro is great on paper however I don't trust chinese manufacturers . so I am enjoying nexus 6 for now (really like the pure android and getting updates first but I have a feeling this will get old at some point ).

How about you still enjoying the note 4? I miss mine as it was the first note I didn't have long enough (probably 4 months ). Screen was gorgeous , camera better than on Nexus and I miss the pen as well (plus having the SD card although 64 GB internal is not that bad )
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2015-06-15 14:15
I think we have put ourselves in a corner by going for phablets, as I to find anything smaller than 5.7inch far too small now.
Glad you are enjoying your Nexus 6

I am very curious WRT the Xiaomi Note Pro , I'd love to give it a go, have you also seen the Huawei Mate 7? I played with it at a Vodashop near my workplace, I could not believe how incredible the build quality was as well as how sharp the display is. If you do want to try something out the ordinary give that Huawei Mate 7 a look, the Dual sim 3GB RAM 32GB version that is, truly surprised me.

I am thoroughly enjoying my Note 4, although it is not without its letdowns, the task switcher key lag is now very much present in mine and the whole 5.0.x issues are being a bit annoying but 5.1.1 is near by. Overall, the Battery Life, Fast Charging, Display, SPen and Camera, make it such a pleasure to use I am very happy.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2015-06-15 22:46
Thanaks tsepz I will have a look for the huawei 7 mate - I don't think it is on UK market but I will keep an eye. I am tempted by xiaomei note pro but I don't know somehow I don't trust the Chinese manufacturers . maybe this will change in the future (especially is huawei will manufacture the next nexus)

Glad you are enjoying the note 4 still it really is a wonderful phone . I was in a Vodafone store today and was thinking that if I didn't have nexus then I would buy a note 4. Lollipop didn't bother me that much but I had the task switcher lag as well . as you say though the camera and screen are wonderful . not task switcher lag on my nexus but it is not completely smooth either
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2015-06-16 00:17
I know what you mean Aussie, I also don't fully trust the Chinese OEMs, for many it is even down to politics. What I do figure though is that there was a time when Samsung and LG entered the market, and similar conversations were had WRT trusting them vs. the then dominant European and American mobile manufacturers.

Indeed, no phones are perfect especially in Android, there is bound to be a bit of lag somewhere, the experience is never totally smooth, but the sheer functionality of these beasts makes sure out strips the few cons.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2015-06-15 23:20 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2015-06-16 00:47
Totally agree tsepz maybe it will be the same like it was with lg and Samsung. We will see if ciao I and huawei become more global (especially with flagships) maybe I will feel different

With regards to Samsung I am slightly disappointed that the software updates are so inconsistent : my dads German note 3 is still not on lollipop even though lollipop has been widely available on note 3. At the same time UK note 4 was late in getting lollipop (end of April) even though it has been available since the end of January. I don't know how Apple can update all the iPhone's at the same time .....
kriti9898
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-06-26 08:40
Cool and Attractive this smartphone !
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-07-08 09:00
Samsung Is Shaving $200 Off The Galaxy Note 4′s Full Price Until July 26

www.androidbeat.com/2015/07/g[....]te-4-off-contract-200-samsung/
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2015-07-09 18:10
That is excellent.

With the Note 5 rumored not to have a MicroSD slot I am a bit put off, unless it comes with at least 128GB internal mem.
Tempted to just hold on to my Note 4 until next year for Note 6.

Ah well... lets wait and see...

Note 4 has served me well, the time has flown-by, can't believe IFA 2015 is nearly here, this might be due to the fact that since the Note 4 launched, no phone/phablet has managed to beat it, its still the best allround Android around in terms of:

Functionality
Display
Camera
Battery Life
Differentiation (S Pen suite)
CP/GPU
MicroSD Slot
Large removable battery

All put together in one package.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2015-07-10 22:52
Glad you are enjoying your Note 4 tsepz and I agree I would not buy a note 5 also without micro sad. Let's hope that the rumours are wrong. I was hoping s6 edge would follow the s6 trend and the note series can continue the current way but who knows. Personally I think note 4 is thin enough , I would not want a thinner phones if it means sacrificing memory card and removable battery

Now with the 200 gb cards available I would not want to settle with less
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2015-07-11 17:56
Indeed Aussie

Speaking of slimness, I keep putting my Note 4 back into the Muvit Slim Case I got for it, not for protection but due it making the phone feel a tad thicker and more substantial in hand as I do feel it is slim, maybe a tad too slim this explains why I used my Galaxy S4 for so long with a case, as it was also simply too slim.

Lets wait and see what the Note 5 brings, if they leave out the MicroSD then maybe we will get a mass produced Note 5 128GB, but the Note range is for us 'power users', so it would be ideal to bring MicroSD.

What I am hoping for is:

5.7inch QHD SAMOLED
4GB RAM
64GB internal with MicroSD
Sealed or Removable Battery, not that bothered.

daviep
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2015-07-12 13:09
i'm not that bothered about a removable battery as once its in the phone i rarely take it out.they could make a dual
sim/micro sd tray like some other phones.
galaxy note8
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 4142 434445  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic