Posted: 2014-10-28 11:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Stunning in white I must say.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 07:19
Day 2 with this beast and the smile on my face still hasn't gone away.From the Note 2 there's been some serious refinement going down.Thoughts so far.F#ucking marvelous phone.The beauty of this screen hits me everytime I wake the phone up.Yes the novelty will wear off and it will just become the norm but for now I'm loving it.Design.Its got me.Made the perfect choice going White.For me coming from a 1520 I needed the screen to feel like it was larger and not be framed by the Black version.The illusion has worked.Also it just looked so damn good in White.I love the feel of the back cover and the side framing and how the phone sits and feels in my hand.Its perfect and quite simply beautiful.Performance is smooth and fluid.Even left Developer Options Animations on 0.5x.Usually that's the first thing that gets switched off for me.Could even take it up to default 1.0x again and be happy with it.Multiview works seamlessly as does floating window as does One hand operation gesture.It all just works ....perfectly. Haven't really delved into the phone as yet as I'm extremely busy but what I see so far gives me great joy in what's to come when I get stuck in.Cant believe I had the illusion that I was done with Samsung and the Note series.Boy was I an idiot ☺
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2014-10-29 06:20 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 08:39
Cant believe I had the illusion that I was done with Samsung and the Note series.Boy was I an idiot ☺

I hope you will enjoy your Note 4 loads- great phone and looks gorgeous in white.
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 12:09
@Hobbs, coming from a Note 3 to the Note 4 would be good but for you coming from Note 2 to Note 4 would be marvelous. Take note (no pun intended) of how far along Samsung's screen technology has come by comparing the two.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 13:11
skblakee It is gobsmacking.As Tsepz said...join us my friend.Sell the 3 and get a 4. I played on this for 2 minutes in store and ordered immediately.Its a lovely phone.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 18:50
Couldn't agree more especially, about the screen Hobbs. The company I work for is full of smartphone enthusiasts, being a digital marketing agency its a prerequisite , we all huddle around someone when they have a new phone , anyway, we have my Note 4, a Note 3 (my boss), a few LG G3 32GBs, a G2, multiple Xperia Z1s and a Compact, a bunch of iPhone 5Ss and a iPhone 6 that came this monday. Of all, the Note 4 has the best display, my one colleague with a G3 sent me some 4K vids that came built in in his phone, one with animals and another a Peruvian vid taken in Machu Picchu, they couldn't believe it, the display just looked spectacular, the animals vid was a 4K@60FPS vid, simply blew us all away, and the default Note 4 Lock Screen wallpaper also truly shows off the display, the G3 guys couldn't believe it especially.

Samsung have come a long way with the SuperAMOLED display, Hobbs my S4's display still amazed me a year into ownership, then I saw a friend's S5 and I couldn't believe it, Samsung managed to top the S4 and Note 3, the S5 had a seriously eye popping display and yet here we are, Samsung managed to take it a step further with the Note.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 19:16
I shall perhaps try a Note 4 in the new year I gotta save up
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 20:36
Heh, im on a training course for work this week, which is done by an external company than the one I work for that also has other companies managers and professionals learning at the same time.

After the introductions, I found I was sat beside a guy who works for ARM. We got talking about the company, microprocessor architecture and the latest products using ARM technology, especially my Note 4's 805 chipset.

Ive never met someone from the industry, but found it fascinating to chat to someone over a coffee who had actually had input into the creation of what goes into smartphones - and that theres an ARM office in my home town !
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 20:52
Cool,since I was a kid I was always fascinated how electronics worked
Phone?? What phone??
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-10-30 06:41
Fingerprint unlock....love it.Totally forgot this phone had that option. Just found it now ☺
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2014-10-30 10:41
Yeah, and you can even use it by swyping up
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-10-31 07:03
Another thing I love about the design of this N4 is the placement of the volume rocker and power button.Makes holding it a real joy.
Maybe thats coming from a 1520 that has the volume rocker,power button and a camera button all down one side of the phone.
Anyway thats just another little thing,love it love it love it.
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2014-10-31 06:10 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-10-31 17:58
Samsung fan rants against Touchwiz after switching from using other android devices then taking up Note 4. He says that the Note 4 is the best Phablet but Touchwiz is diminishing it. Anyone want to give their opinion of touchwiz on the Note 4 versus Android on other phones?

Full story
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-31 23:28
I partly agree but then I am used to touch wiz. On my tablet I use Nova and the experience is much better . Anyway Note 4 has been good so far - a few micro stutters here and there but no huge lag like the post above is suggesting. It is worth mentioning that I turned off all samsung gimmicks except for the spen related one and I deactivated the samsung flipboard reader on the main page
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2014-10-31 22:30 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-11-01 06:15
It sounds like he either got a bad unit OR a highly branded unit.

Mine has been running beautifully, the only delay I see is the slight delay to recent app menu, and that is nowhere near 1-2seconds at all, its much shorter its a very small delay.

I have used other Androids incl. LG G3, Xperia Z1, GS5, Note 3, as well as the iPhone 5S, 6 and 6 Plus, and there really isn't much diff, if at all, in my experience and many Note 4 reviewers seem to agree.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 323334 ... 434445  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic