Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Previous  123 ... 282930 ... 434445  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy Note 4
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-19 18:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I managed to pick up my Note 4 on Friday. For once, CPW didn't balls up my preorder. I was worried that like last time I'd go in to pick up my new phone and they'd say sorry, the preorder failed, no phone for you sir !

But no, within moments of entering id been served and was walking away with my new phone. And I love it, by far the best phone Samsung have ever made and even better than any other phone ive used. Oh man, that screen !!

Anyway, as soon as I took it out the box I got the expected update, as you can see below. Also, I noticed fast charging on mine was turned off by default. There is no gap at all between the screen glass and metal rim (predictably - sorry trolls). The phone feels smaller than previous Notes. It feels slimmer than the GF's S5 also.

Ive just tested the camera, now that im home from my weekend away, to find at pixel level the images it produces are so close to my old Nokia N8 its a brilliant substitute for the aging Nokia handset. All the Note 4 needed was a xenon flash for it to be a real N8 replacement.

Original

Im one very happy Note 4 owner.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-10-19 19:01
Nice enjoy @luwi that image looks awful indoors try something outside
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-19 19:26
Btw, I also noticed something else.

My Note 4 says on the battery made in Vietnam. But, on the phone is says Yateley, Hampshire GU46 6GG, which appears to be a Samsung QA laboratory within the UK.

It would appear my phone was made in the UK.
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-19 19:46

On 2014-10-19 18:58:58, etaab wrote:
There is no gap at all between the screen glass and metal rim (predictably - sorry trolls).

But isn't that a problem then? According to the user's guide (source), the gap is a 'necessary manufacturing feature'! On the other hand, as the guide says that the gap may widen, if you do not have one now, you may get one later.

Joking aside, I may get this phone later, if I can't get my hands on the Nexus 6 before. I have owned several Galaxy models over the past three years but am not sure I am ready to go back to the TouchWiz experience or rather have pure (vanilla) Android.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-19 19:49

On 2014-10-19 18:58:58, etaab wrote:
There is no gap at all between the screen glass and metal rim (predictably - sorry trolls).

Sorry but what a silly comment - a previous post showed a gap on his Note 4 , mine has one too. I don't see how this was predictable or how this makes anyone a troll

Anyway enjoy your Note 4
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-10-19 19:55
Majority of Samsung phones I have had say Made in Korea or Made by Samsung(as if it was gonna be made by anyone else) and the battery says Vietnam. The cheaper handsets sometimes are Made in China. @etaab that's rare Made in UK but does it say that inside the phone?? It might have been just quality checked here but made elsewhere
Phone?? What phone??
luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2014-10-19 19:59
Sorry bono it looks great on my note 4. Hahha

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-10-19 20:07
I wasn't being critical of you or your photography mate but it just wasn't the most vibrant shot to test out the camera Most camera phones indoors with no flash have grain to the images
Phone?? What phone??
luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2014-10-19 20:16
Bono no issue mate. It seems issue with uploading the image that reduce the quality. On my mobile, it was great.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-10-19 20:26
But that's the thing with QHD or any saturated smaller screens than what you use on a PC for example images will always look better. Sony,Samsung etc all have image enhancements on their screens which doesn't really give us an accurate display of our photos. Like today I took a photo of the sky and it looked way more bluer than it did on my pc but that was Sony's X Reality or Vivid settings
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-19 21:12
Congrats Etaab, and enjoy your Note 4, welcome to the club !
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-10-19 22:35
What's those two little things at the bottom frame? ? Two little breaks in the frame

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2014-10-19 21:37 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-19 23:20
They seem to be antenna locations, there are two at the bottom as you can see in the pic and the are two others at the same positionstat the top. Samsung made sure that the Note 4 doesn't suffer from antenna issues due to metal.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-10-19 23:56
Oh right they could have put them at the back as usual anyway as the back is plastic.
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-20 00:51
@ Tsepz_GP - thanks ! im absolutely over the moon.

Ive been playing with the phone for a few hours this evening and I just keep finding more and more features.

I really like the slow motion video option, very funny. This is the first bit of spare time ive had since I picked the phone up on Friday to actually personalise and play with it due to a family wedding we attended and being drunk most of the weekend.

@ aussieland1 - How is that a silly comment ? its not aimed at anyone intentionally on this forum but at the whole trolling community out there that just want to post anything negative. Those trolls that created the "gap" bad press clearly didn't do a good enough job, because mine does not have one. Neither did the phones in the store where I picked mine up.

Its desperation, probably from iPhone 6+ owners / prospective owners who don't want to see the Note 4 do well. But it will. They didn't convince or put me off and judging by the fact the phone is sold out in many places, there is quite some demand for it.

@ AbuBasim - Mine didn't come with any documentation which mentions any gaps. Nice attempt at humour though.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 282930 ... 434445  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic